Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nygrrrl

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:06 pm

dakatz wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
dakatz wrote:I feel like I've done all I can to get myself off the Fordham waitlist. I sent in a LOCI that was addressed directly to Dean Brown, I met with one of the associate deans of admission, I took a self-guided tour of the school, etc. Aside from sending another LOCI in a month or so, is there anything else that can be done to get off the waitlist? During my meeting in the admissions office, I was about to use my other offers and acceptances as leverage, but I'm not sure if that would help. Now that I was accepted at Chicago, I feel like I could use that to my advantage (because if I'd be willing to turn down Chicago for a Fordham offer, I must really love Fordham). But at the same time, I'm afraid that if I even mention these acceptances to Fordham, they will feel like I'll just go elsewhere, which isn't necessarily the case.

I don't know - I think that if you put that in writing ("If accepted at Fordham Law, I would immediately withdraw all of my other acceptances and applications") it would be mighty powerful.
Hey - how did your meeting at Admissions go? Did you call them to set that up, or send them an email?
edit - Oh and DUh: CONGRATULATIONS ON UCHI!!!!!

Haha thanks. The meeting in admissions went well. I didn't call to schedule anything in advance. I went to the admissions office to get the info for a self-guided tour, and the receptionist asked if I had any questions. When I said that I had a few, she said she will get someone from the office to speak to me. It was about 20 minutes, mostly discussing Fordham's waitlist policies and how the process works. I would like to say something as strong as "If accepted, I'll withdraw all other apps", but that wouldn't be true for a sticker price offer anymore, so I won't go that far.

Gotcha. And thanks much for the info about the meeting - I have to screw up my courage and do this.

paminator

Postby paminator » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:07 pm

I wore special shoes to work today so I could cross my toes all day (difficult to type with crossed fingers).

Don't judge me, I'm one of those 11/16's.
Last edited by paminator on Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:09 pm

Kim617 wrote:I read the book first and I wanted to kill myself! So depressing!

Yeah I never saw the movie, but I had an ex who had the book, and I remember leafing through it one day, reading random bits, and it was terrifying. The stuff I came across was incredibly over the top and I remember just laughing at what some of these people were saying.

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:34 pm

paminator wrote:I wore special shoes to work today so I could cross my toes all day (difficult to type with crossed fingers).

Don't judge me, I'm one of those 11/16's.

lol. can u cross the other foots toes for me?

Lolek

Postby Lolek » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:35 pm

I think this 11/16 thing is going to become legendary before it's all set and done. Haha.

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:37 pm

Lolek wrote:I think this 11/16 thing is going to become legendary before it's all set and done. Haha.

+1

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:46 pm

AlanShore wrote:
Lolek wrote:I think this 11/16 thing is going to become legendary before it's all set and done. Haha.

+1

84 days as of today, Party People.
Can we break OS' record? :lol:

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:52 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
AlanShore wrote:

+1

84 days as of today, Party People.
Can we break OS' record? :lol:

hey what's up with home base?

Steve Zissou

Postby Steve Zissou » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:53 pm

Anyone else complete before 11/16?

zzz...

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:58 pm

Steve Zissou wrote:Anyone else complete before 11/16?

zzz...

BEFORE? When were you complete?

choochoo

Postby choochoo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:17 pm

nygrrrl wrote:

zzz...

I've been complete since 11/2. Granted, I retook the December LSAT but still... They could have at least said incomplete until they got that score or something since any sort of movement would be nice...

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:18 pm

choochoo wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

zzz...

I've been complete since 11/2. Granted, I retook the December LSAT but still... They could have at least said incomplete until they got that score or something since any sort of movement would be nice...

oh sh*t.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:19 pm

choochoo wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

zzz...

98 days.
I am humbled.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:20 pm

AlanShore wrote:
choochoo wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

zzz...

oh sh*t.

titcr

td6624

Postby td6624 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:23 pm

I feel like I shouldn't be allowed in here...

(complete on 1/29. ha!)

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:24 pm

td6624 wrote:I feel like I shouldn't be allowed in here...

(complete on 1/29. ha!)

noob.

but welcome anyway.

choochoo

Postby choochoo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:28 pm

I've been complete since 11/2. Granted, I retook the December LSAT but still... They could have at least said incomplete until they got that score or something since any sort of movement would be nice...[/quote]
oh sh*t.[/quote]
titcr[/quote]

I'm actually ok with it because looking at LSN I'd be looking at a rejection, possibly WL (if lucky) right now. So maybe if I wait a little longer they'll start admitting people with lower numbers like mine... Wishful thinking??

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:00 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
choochoo wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

zzz...

98 days.
I am humbled.

Close. Very close. I feel for you guys. I was admitted on the 99th day I had been waitlisted, which made for a grand total wait, between application and admission, of five and a half months. Almost half a year is not too long to wait for your dream school, and this many months in, I'm still glad I waited. Wishing you guys the very best... may you get straight in, and not have to go through wait #2 after wait #1.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:13 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:Close. Very close. I feel for you guys. I was admitted on the 99th day I had been waitlisted, which made for a grand total wait, between application and admission, of five and a half months. Almost half a year is not too long to wait for your dream school, and this many months in, I'm still glad I waited. Wishing you guys the very best... may you get straight in, and not have to go through wait #2 after wait #1.

YESSSSSS.... TITCR

Steve Zissou

Postby Steve Zissou » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:34 pm

Yeah, 11/2 complete here.

I have a lot riding on being accepted to Fordham.

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:40 pm

Steve Zissou wrote:Yeah, 11/2 complete here.

Awesome name/tar.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:44 pm

Steve Zissou wrote:

Just kind of curious where some of you regulars here stand on this...worst case scenario, suppose for whatever reason you don't get in, what are your options? Would you go somewhere else? Would you retake and apply again next year? Would you move on from law school altogether?

Personally, in my cycle, I've heard from 11 of the 14 schools I applied to. Of the remaining 3, Fordham is the most realistic. Though I've gotten into other schools, based on my personal situation and the overall market for lawyers, I think I would be better off retaking and reapplying to schools next year with (hopefully) an improved score.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:50 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Just kind of curious where some of you regulars here stand on this...worst case scenario, suppose for whatever reason you don't get in, what are your options? Would you go somewhere else? Would you retake and apply again next year? Would you move on from law school altogether?

Personally, in my cycle, I've heard from 11 of the 14 schools I applied to. Of the remaining 3, Fordham is the most realistic. Though I've gotten into other schools, based on my personal situation and the overall market for lawyers, I think I would be better off retaking and reapplying to schools next year with (hopefully) an improved score.

As I've only applied to Fordham, my cycle would be over for this year. I would retake next September, yes - almost certainly trying again with Fordham, next fall. I have a job, kids... an Evening Program is critical, for me. More importantly, Fordham has the programs/clinics I want, so they remain my #1 (and only!) choice.

Clair1331

Postby Clair1331 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:40 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Just kind of curious where some of you regulars here stand on this...worst case scenario, suppose for whatever reason you don't get in, what are your options? Would you go somewhere else? Would you retake and apply again next year? Would you move on from law school altogether?

As I've only applied to Fordham, my cycle would be over for this year. I would retake next September, yes - almost certainly trying again with Fordham, next fall. I have a job, kids... an Evening Program is critical, for me. More importantly, Fordham has the programs/clinics I want, so they remain my #1 (and only!) choice.

I'm more of a lurker than regular poster, but nonetheless holding hope for Fordham. I was waitlisted in December, sent my LOCI, changed from FT consideration to consideration to both. I have taken the LSAT twice already and don't expect much if any change in trying it again. My husband is a life-long New Yorker and really wants to stay in the city, as do I. I have a wonderful community of friends and the sweetest mother-in-law possibly ever. I have other acceptances outside the City, but it would break our hearts if I eventually have to go elsewhere and we have to live long-distance or have to leave our friends and family behind. So far all the attorneys at the firm where I work have said that if I want to work in New York, than I should go to a local school and they all highly recommend Fordham for their programs and placement.

We have a bottle of champagne we have been saving if I get into Fordham, so hopefully we'll be toasting soon.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:47 pm

Clair1331 wrote:

I'm more of a lurker than regular poster, but nonetheless holding hope for Fordham. I was waitlisted in December, sent my LOCI, changed from FT consideration to consideration to both. I have taken the LSAT twice already and don't expect much if any change in trying it again. My husband is a life-long New Yorker and really wants to stay in the city, as do I. I have a wonderful community of friends and the sweetest mother-in-law possibly ever. I have other acceptances outside the City, but it would break our hearts if I eventually have to go elsewhere and we have to live long-distance or have to leave our friends and family behind. So far all the attorneys at the firm where I work have said that if I want to work in New York, than I should go to a local school and they all highly recommend Fordham for their programs and placement.

We have a bottle of champagne we have been saving if I get into Fordham, so hopefully we'll be toasting soon.

Fingers crossed! I shouldn't have said only regulars, lurkers welcome to share as well.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”