Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SAE

Silver

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by SAE » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:57 am

sibley wrote:you guys really are the friendliest threat on tls =)
Really? 8)

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:58 am

SAE wrote:
Really? 8)
damnit!

edit: after fixing said typo, and contemplating, I have decided that the phrase was inadvertently correct. After all, if you get in... maybe I won't.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:59 am

SAE wrote:
Really? 8)
THERE'S my morning elephant.
Thank god.
I was getting stabby, without it.

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:59 am

sibley wrote: teehee. buffalo flavored. maybe you should have gone with the barbeque? or the boss sauce, if you wanted to keep it a little traditional? Seems like everyone's having a rather crappy Monday. You, my friend whose shoes were frozen and wet this morning and who then lost a contact, and me, who was given a pile of work without the databases, did one wrong, and is now playing phone tag with UPS.
Dealing with UPS, USPS, or FedEx when anything is even remotely lost will be why I will have a heart attack before thirty.

Well, I guess one of the many reasons.
SAE wrote:
Really? 8)
We like to fly under the radar. Next thing you know, BAM! I'm in your kitchen helping with the dishes.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:08 am

even2flow wrote: Dealing with UPS, USPS, or FedEx when anything is even remotely lost will be why I will have a heart attack before thirty.

I don't find them so bad. a little tedious and annoying with all the information-gathering. and overly-polite (I don't need them to apologize profusely that they lost something... I really don't care that they did). Other than that, whatever.
SAE wrote:
Really? 8)
We like to fly under the radar. Next thing you know, BAM! I'm in your kitchen helping with the dishes.[/quote]

That happens in that movie She's Just not That into You. I didn't like the movie but everyone else seemed to. I found it depressing.
Last edited by sibley on Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:14 am

1. You mean He's just not that into you?

2. Really? Ugh, I feel so generic.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:17 am

even2flow wrote:1. You mean He's just not that into you?

2. Really? Ugh, I feel so generic.
Is that what it's called? That, then.

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:18 am

sibley wrote:
it is if 1) you're poor and 2) you'd get all excited and manic if you visited the school

so if we don't hear til march about acceptances, and assumably deposit is due end of march, when do we hear about financial aid? I can't decide on a school until I have all my scholarship info in front of me...
Don't worry, the deposit is due on April 15th. Hopefully that will give you some time.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:22 am

LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:
it is if 1) you're poor and 2) you'd get all excited and manic if you visited the school

so if we don't hear til march about acceptances, and assumably deposit is due end of march, when do we hear about financial aid? I can't decide on a school until I have all my scholarship info in front of me...
Don't worry, the deposit is due on April 15th. Hopefully that will give you some time.
15 extra days. they better get cookin.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:25 am

LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:

That reminds me, I gotta get those taxes done...

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:30 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:

OH taxes are due April 15??? I was thinking they were due February 15th. The extra month is nice.
You filing online? Get the returns so much faster that way. (crosses fingers for a return... I always owe NYS. Maybe now that I'm paying federal loan interest they'll give me a break)

beebs

Bronze

Post by beebs » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:32 am

sibley wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:

OH taxes are due April 15??? I was thinking they were due February 15th. The extra month is nice.
You filing online? Get the returns so much faster that way. (crosses fingers for a return... I always owe NYS. Maybe now that I'm paying federal loan interest they'll give me a break)
I just did my taxes, and I owe NYS as well -- what's the deal there? I never had to pay state taxes in my life before moving here.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:32 am

sibley wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:

Free e-file FTW

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:39 am

I might skip Turbotax this year as I have to file the federal return (usually, free with online services) and in 2 states (which is where they get you).

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:42 am

nygrrrl wrote: THERE'S my morning elephant.
Thank god.
haha, "stabby".

Going to visit today, nygrrrl?

It is snowing here... :wink:

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:42 am

emrose wrote:
Thank god.
haha, "stabby".

What's the story behind your avatars?

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:49 am

emrose wrote:
Thank god.
haha, "stabby".

Stabby indeed, lovely.
iono on the visit. maybe. maybe.
snoooowwwww - will pm you later, about that!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:56 am

sibley wrote:
What's the story behind your avatars?
sekrits! 8)

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:27 pm

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote: Dealing with UPS, USPS, or FedEx when anything is even remotely lost will be why I will have a heart attack before thirty.

I don't find them so bad. a little tedious and annoying with all the information-gathering. and overly-polite (I don't need them to apologize profusely that they lost something... I really don't care that they did). Other than that, whatever.
SAE wrote:
Really? 8)
We like to fly under the radar. Next thing you know, BAM! I'm in your kitchen helping with the dishes.
That happens in that movie She's Just not That into You. I didn't like the movie but everyone else seemed to. I found it depressing.[/quote]

I read the book first and I wanted to kill myself! So depressing!

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:38 pm

VLADIMIR: Say you are, even if it's not true.
ESTRAGON: What am I to say?
VLADIMIR: Say, I am happy.
ESTRAGON: I am happy.
VLADIMIR: So am I.
ESTRAGON: So am I.
VLADIMIR: We are happy.
ESTRAGON: We are happy. (Silence.) What do we do now, now that we are happy?
VLADIMIR: Wait for Godot. (Estragon groans. Silence.)

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:45 pm

nygrrrl wrote:VLADIMIR: Say you are, even if it's not true.
ESTRAGON: What am I to say?
VLADIMIR: Say, I am happy.
ESTRAGON: I am happy.
VLADIMIR: So am I.
ESTRAGON: So am I.
VLADIMIR: We are happy.
ESTRAGON: We are happy. (Silence.) What do we do now, now that we are happy?
VLADIMIR: Wait for Godot. (Estragon groans. Silence.)
so perfect for this thread!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:49 pm

I feel like I've done all I can to get myself off the Fordham waitlist. I sent in a LOCI that was addressed directly to Dean Brown, I met with one of the associate deans of admission, I took a self-guided tour of the school, etc. Aside from sending another LOCI in a month or so, is there anything else that can be done to get off the waitlist? During my meeting in the admissions office, I was about to use my other offers and acceptances as leverage, but I'm not sure if that would help. Now that I was accepted at Chicago, I feel like I could use that to my advantage (because if I'd be willing to turn down Chicago for a Fordham offer, I must really love Fordham). But at the same time, I'm afraid that if I even mention these acceptances to Fordham, they will feel like I'll just go elsewhere, which isn't necessarily the case.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:51 pm

dakatz wrote:I feel like I've done all I can to get myself off the Fordham waitlist. I sent in a LOCI that was addressed directly to Dean Brown, I met with one of the associate deans of admission, I took a self-guided tour of the school, etc. Aside from sending another LOCI in a month or so, is there anything else that can be done to get off the waitlist? During my meeting in the admissions office, I was about to use my other offers and acceptances as leverage, but I'm not sure if that would help. Now that I was accepted at Chicago, I feel like I could use that to my advantage (because if I'd be willing to turn down Chicago for a Fordham offer, I must really love Fordham). But at the same time, I'm afraid that if I even mention these acceptances to Fordham, they will feel like I'll just go elsewhere, which isn't necessarily the case.
I don't know - I think that if you put that in writing ("If accepted at Fordham Law, I would immediately withdraw all of my other acceptances and applications") it would be mighty powerful.
Hey - how did your meeting at Admissions go? Did you call them to set that up, or send them an email?
edit - Oh and DUh: CONGRATULATIONS ON UCHI!!!!!

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:59 pm

dakatz wrote:I feel like I've done all I can to get myself off the Fordham waitlist. I sent in a LOCI that was addressed directly to Dean Brown, I met with one of the associate deans of admission, I took a self-guided tour of the school, etc. Aside from sending another LOCI in a month or so, is there anything else that can be done to get off the waitlist? During my meeting in the admissions office, I was about to use my other offers and acceptances as leverage, but I'm not sure if that would help. Now that I was accepted at Chicago, I feel like I could use that to my advantage (because if I'd be willing to turn down Chicago for a Fordham offer, I must really love Fordham). But at the same time, I'm afraid that if I even mention these acceptances to Fordham, they will feel like I'll just go elsewhere, which isn't necessarily the case.
I wrote an LOCI and I said something to the effect that if offered admission to fordham, i would absolutely accept and withdraw any other apps. I suppose that's all you can really tell them, and just hope they will believe you. Kudos on Chicago, too.

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:01 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
I don't know - I think that if you put that in writing ("If accepted at Fordham Law, I would immediately withdraw all of my other acceptances and applications") it would be mighty powerful.
Hey - how did your meeting at Admissions go? Did you call them to set that up, or send them an email?
edit - Oh and DUh: CONGRATULATIONS ON UCHI!!!!!
Haha thanks. The meeting in admissions went well. I didn't call to schedule anything in advance. I went to the admissions office to get the info for a self-guided tour, and the receptionist asked if I had any questions. When I said that I had a few, she said she will get someone from the office to speak to me. It was about 20 minutes, mostly discussing Fordham's waitlist policies and how the process works. I would like to say something as strong as "If accepted, I'll withdraw all other apps", but that wouldn't be true for a sticker price offer anymore, so I won't go that far.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”