Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
goosey

Gold

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by goosey » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:01 pm

hello everyone! I feel like I just came back from war.

feb lsat..oh my. first of all, there were like 1/5 the ppl there were in june and september.
secondly, this test is a beast and will never cease owning me.

I hope I got atleast a 165. plead please. If I get another 161 (or god forbid!) lower, I will cry.

but in this weird twisted way, I feel good about waiting for my lsat score so I can stop waiting for admission haha

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:09 pm

goosey wrote:hello everyone! I feel like I just came back from war.

feb lsat..oh my. first of all, there were like 1/5 the ppl there were in june and september.
secondly, this test is a beast and will never cease owning me.

I hope I got atleast a 165. plead please. If I get another 161 (or god forbid!) lower, I will cry.

but in this weird twisted way, I feel good about waiting for my lsat score so I can stop waiting for admission haha
HOOORAAAYYYYYYYY! YOU DID IT. I am sure it was nothing but WIN. :mrgreen:

Boro88

New

Post by Boro88 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:33 pm

Alright well I received my acceptance today in the mail. One sheet of paper, nothing extraordinary compared to the other schools. Also notably missing was any mention of scholarship. I'm pretty bummed. Does that mean no money is coming my way or will they send that info separately?

JayTal

Bronze

Post by JayTal » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:38 pm

Boro88 wrote:Alright well I received my acceptance today in the mail. One sheet of paper, nothing extraordinary compared to the other schools. Also notably missing was any mention of scholarship. I'm pretty bummed. Does that mean no money is coming my way or will they send that info separately?
Not sure. I was accepted in Nov with no mention of money. The Admitted Students site says you should hear within 2 weeks of being accepted. I emailed the admissions office and was sent a letter saying I'll know in the next couple of weeks. Be nice if they emailed me back.

Boro88

New

Post by Boro88 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:41 pm

JayTal wrote:
Not sure. I was accepted in Nov with no mention of money. The Admitted Students site says you should hear within 2 weeks of being accepted. I emailed the admissions office and was sent a letter saying I'll know in the next couple of weeks. Be nice if they emailed me back.
Thanks for the info. That helps, I guess I'll sit tight for another couple of weeks. Hard to make any decisions not knowing all the facts. I'm still SOOOO EXCITED to be in and that the long haul is over but I wish I got a little something something.
Last edited by Boro88 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:05 pm

Boro88 wrote:
JayTal wrote:
Thanks for the info. That helps, I guess I'll sit tight for another couple of weeks. I just wish I knew were I stood. Hard to make any decisions not knowing all the facts. I'm still SOOOO EXCITED to be in and that the long haul is over but I wish I got a little something something.
Congrats! When did you go complete?

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:25 pm

Boro88 wrote:I just wish I knew were I stood.
Oh Boro - I empathize with you, I really do. But man, this line struck me as funny in this particular thread! :mrgreen:

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:47 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
Boro88 wrote:I just wish I knew were I stood.
Oh Boro - I empathize with you, I really do. But man, this line struck me as funny in this particular thread! :mrgreen:
I know! I just want to know if I got in!

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:49 pm

i will pay fordham my tuition AND yours. just let me in.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Boro88

New

Post by Boro88 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:37 pm

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound insensitive to your situation. I hope that all of you will make it. I will edit. Kim I went complete 12/1.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:52 pm

Boro88 wrote:I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound insensitive to your situation. I hope that all of you will make it. I will edit. Kim I went complete 12/1.
Oh Boro - you didn't, really! It just made me laugh, out loud.
BOY, do we all wish we knew where we stood! :mrgreen:

cherryalamode

Bronze

Post by cherryalamode » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:04 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
jbrowning82 wrote:Hm. When I emailed admissions after I was WLed back in December they said no one would get in before April 1st. Lame.
Why lame? As I said, it really seemed as if those few people had been inadvertently placed on the WL in the first place. I think the norm is for them to spend March putting together the classes, then see where they stand and start admitting off the WL. I don't think anyone was trying to deceive you!
It's almost March though! It's like three weeks away. What would it mean, I wonder, if you still hadn't gotten a decision by then? And isnt the due date for apps 3/1? I guess THOSE people are out of luck, lol.

I am one of the people here who are still waiting! Complete since 12/9 so I hope to hear soon. Gluck to all of you still waiting!

AlanShore

Silver

Post by AlanShore » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:12 pm

130 pages. nothing! sigh. how has everyone's weekend been?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:16 pm

cherryalamode wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
jbrowning82 wrote:Hm. When I emailed admissions after I was WLed back in December they said no one would get in before April 1st. Lame.
Why lame? As I said, it really seemed as if those few people had been inadvertently placed on the WL in the first place. I think the norm is for them to spend March putting together the classes, then see where they stand and start admitting off the WL. I don't think anyone was trying to deceive you!
It's almost March though! It's like three weeks away. What would it mean, I wonder, if you still hadn't gotten a decision by then? And isnt the due date for apps 3/1? I guess THOSE people are out of luck, lol.

I am one of the people here who are still waiting! Complete since 12/9 so I hope to hear soon. Gluck to all of you still waiting!
I think if we haven't received decisions by March, then we have a really good shot at being accepted. I think that if they didn't really WANT us, we would have been WL'd or dinged, by now.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:07 am

Boro88 wrote:I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound insensitive to your situation. I hope that all of you will make it. I will edit. Kim I went complete 12/1.
No I didn't mean it like that! I was just making a joke because we're all so on edge. Be proud of your accomplishment!!

You went complete about a week before me. Hopefully I hear something soon.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:10 am

good morning! i'm anxiously waiting for nygrrrl's "party people" post :D

here's to hoping for good news this week!

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:14 am

hannah87 wrote:good morning! i'm anxiously waiting for nygrrrl's "party people" post :D

here's to hoping for good news this week!
HAHAHAH - IBNY!!! Nicely done, Ms. Hannah!

OK, GOOD MORNING, PARTY PEOPLE!
Happy Monday.
For the 11/16-ers in the group, this marks 12 weeks! Congratulations on your fortitude.
SAE, fire up that elephant... it's gonna be a long week.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:35 am

:wink:

and now i will begin the status checking madness.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:59 am

hey now

spent some time on the UWS over the weekend, something I could get used to (my wallet / liver will probably disagree).

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:29 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:hey now

spent some time on the UWS over the weekend, something I could get used to (my wallet / liver will probably disagree).
hahaha - don't worry, I'll make a list of the cheaper watering holes.
I owe you a PM - will get on that, today.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:53 am

you guys really are the friendliest thread on tls =)

I haven't been waiting nearly as long as some of you (probably why you're so friendly! you need the social support!), but would also like a status checker update today. Would like to take a nice little weekend trip out to visit! (but not doing it before admittance just in case, for some unhappy reason, it ends up being a wasted trip)
Last edited by sibley on Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:54 am

Nothing beats early morning Monday work with a stomach that is very angry with me after my over indulging in anything buffalo flavored last night.

Ugh.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:55 am

sibley wrote:you guys really are the friendliest threat on tls =)

I haven't been waiting nearly as long as some of you (probably why you're so friendly! you need the social support!), but would also like a status checker update today. Would like to take a nice little weekend trip out to visit! (but not doing it before admittance just in case, for some unhappy reason, it ends up being a wasted trip)
A trip to NYC is never wasted :D

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:56 am

even2flow wrote:Nothing beats early morning Monday work with a stomach that is very angry with me after my over indulging in anything buffalo flavored last night.

Ugh.

teehee. buffalo flavored. maybe you should have gone with the barbeque? or the boss sauce, if you wanted to keep it a little traditional? Seems like everyone's having a rather crappy Monday. You, my friend whose shoes were frozen and wet this morning and who then lost a contact, and me, who was given a pile of work without the databases, did one wrong, and is now playing phone tag with UPS.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:57 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
sibley wrote:you guys really are the friendliest threat on tls =)

A trip to NYC is never wasted :D
it is if 1) you're poor and 2) you'd get all excited and manic if you visited the school

so if we don't hear til march about acceptances, and assumably deposit is due end of march, when do we hear about financial aid? I can't decide on a school until I have all my scholarship info in front of me...
Last edited by sibley on Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”