Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Cardboardbox

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Cardboardbox » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:26 pm

champ33 wrote:Sorry to steer off topic, but my situation: I applied to Fordham FT just as a kind of fleeting hope. I will not get in with my numbers. I didn't even consider applying to the part-time division, in which my numbers both fall at the median. Would it be at all possible to call them and ask to switch over to the PT pool, or am I way too late on this?

I'm pretty sure you can do this. If anything you can always use a new email and ask annonymously, or call and ask this question without identifying yourself I guess? :P

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:27 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:
champ33 wrote:Sorry to steer off topic, but my situation: I applied to Fordham FT just as a kind of fleeting hope. I will not get in with my numbers. I didn't even consider applying to the part-time division, in which my numbers both fall at the median. Would it be at all possible to call them and ask to switch over to the PT pool, or am I way too late on this?

I'm pretty sure you can do this. If anything you can always use a new email and ask annonymously, or call and ask this question without identifying yourself I guess? :P

Use one of those voice modifiers from Scream. That'll throw them off the serial killer scent.

champ33

Postby champ33 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:42 pm

even2flow wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:

Use one of those voice modifiers from Scream. That'll throw them off the serial killer scent.

yes or i could just show up in the admissions office with the mask actually on and proceed to ask my question. I'm sure they'd appreciate the break in the monotony they're now experiencing. However, in all seriousness I'm leaning towards just calling as myself since I know I won't get in FT anyway, I don't think it can really hurt me. Thanks for feedback.

paminator

Postby paminator » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:52 pm

nygrrrl wrote:Welcome! Welcome to The Friendliest Thread on TLS!

Fact.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:54 pm

I hope I go under review soon. I don't like this waiting.

How does auto-admit work? Do you need >75th on both LSAT and GPA? My LSAT's way up there, but my GPA's around their 25th... =/

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:55 pm

champ33 wrote:
even2flow wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:

yes or i could just show up in the admissions office with the mask actually on and proceed to ask my question. I'm sure they'd appreciate the break in the monotony they're now experiencing. However, in all seriousness I'm leaning towards just calling as myself since I know I won't get in FT anyway, I don't think it can really hurt me. Thanks for feedback.

If they don't auto-admit after that, I dunno what would. But in all seriousness, I really don't think it'd be an issue to ask to be moved to the pt pile. I'd call over e-mail though, my previous e-mails have not been responded to.

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:00 pm

sibley wrote:I hope I go under review soon. I don't like this waiting.

How does auto-admit work? Do you need >75th on both LSAT and GPA? My LSAT's way up there, but my GPA's around their 25th... =/

I don't think there's an "under review" status; you go straight from Complete to a decision.

Don't know if there's a canonical definition of 'auto-admit.' Some who's above both 75ths is, one would think, but I can imagine others. I was using it upthread to refer to those whose numbers I looked at and said, 'oh, of course they'd get in.' A splitter like you is trickier to predict, but I'm sure they'd love to have that LSAT on board.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:05 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:

I don't think there's an "under review" status; you go straight from Complete to a decision.

Don't know if there's a canonical definition of 'auto-admit.' Some who's above both 75ths is, one would think, but I can imagine others. I was using it upthread to refer to those whose numbers I looked at and said, 'oh, of course they'd get in.' A splitter like you is trickier to predict, but I'm sure they'd love to have that LSAT on board.

I can't believe this person is still waiting:
Kim617 wrote:
fitzgerald86 wrote:Those of you still waiting. . . what are your stats? When'd you go complete?

Went complete 12/9. 171/3.7

btw, stats in my profile are a little off. gpa's .1+ higher than that, lsat's 1 less than that.
I also added some fake applications/acceptances just to throw off those adcomms who are stalking me =D
Last edited by sibley on Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boro88

Postby Boro88 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:06 pm

I never received an email, only status checker confirm. And yes there was no under review status.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:24 pm

Fear not, SAE, I'm just off from work today. Nothing new to report, however.

Also, stumbled across this on Fordham's website, haven't listened to it yet, but Dean Brown talks about financing your JD.

http://www.lawschoolpodcaster.com/MoreI ... iEpisode=7

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:35 pm

Party People.... A little Courage Wolf, for the weekend....
--ImageRemoved--

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:43 pm

Dear Fordham:

<insert love letter explaining ties to NY, etc>

<3,
Sibleybutt

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:47 pm

Dear god... 12 weeks.
Losing hope.
Send chocolate....

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:53 pm

sibley wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:

I can't believe this person is still waiting:
Kim617 wrote:
fitzgerald86 wrote:Those of you still waiting. . . what are your stats? When'd you go complete?

Went complete 12/9. 171/3.7

btw, stats in my profile are a little off. gpa's .1+ higher than that, lsat's 1 less than that.
I also added some fake applications/acceptances just to throw off those adcomms who are stalking me =D

Yeah, I was getting nervous that I wasn't getting in anywhere because maybe something was wrong with my apps, but I got into a T14 Wednesday, so either Fordham doesn't like something about me or they're really backed up. Crossing my fingers!

knickfan

Postby knickfan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:27 pm

I am confused.. Who is the dean? I'm hearing Brown but on the website its Dean Treanor??

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:39 pm

knickfan wrote:I am confused.. Who is the dean? I'm hearing Brown but on the website its Dean Treanor??

Dean Treanor is the Dean of the law school, dean brown is dean of admissions, i believe.

good luck to goosey / whoever else that is taking the LSATs tomorrow!

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:19 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Dean Treanor is the Dean of the law school, dean brown is dean of admissions, i believe

(yes)

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

groundkontrol

Postby groundkontrol » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:02 pm

Waitlisted at Fordham but accepted at Penn and Vanderbilt. Explanation anyone? Trust me when I say it's not a YP. My numbers are in my profile.

audrey hepburn

Postby audrey hepburn » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:27 am

nygrrrl wrote:Welcome! Welcome to The Friendliest Thread on TLS!

thanks!

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:10 am

groundkontrol wrote:Waitlisted at Fordham but accepted at Penn and Vanderbilt. Explanation anyone? Trust me when I say it's not a YP. My numbers are in my profile.

It's just the nature of URM cycles. They're hard to predict, and often you'll get some unexpected decisions. I'm surprised they sent you to the WL instead of just leave you at complete, but it is what it is. If you really want Fordham, I'd bet you could get off the list, but considering your other acceptances, it doesn't seem like a good use of your time and energy. Congrats btw.

goosey

Postby goosey » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:18 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
knickfan wrote:I am confused.. Who is the dean? I'm hearing Brown but on the website its Dean Treanor??

Dean Treanor is the Dean of the law school, dean brown is dean of admissions, i believe.

thanks!!!

please be sending alll the smart, logical vibes you can to me today!

jbrowning82

Postby jbrowning82 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:23 am

My last post got sorta lost in the fold...

Do we have any reason to think that people will be let in off the WL before April 1st?

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:36 am

jbrowning82 wrote:My last post got sorta lost in the fold...

Do we have any reason to think that people will be let in off the WL before April 1st?

Honestly, it's impossible to tell. A FEW people were let in off the WL last month, but their numbers were so strong that maybe they weren't meant to be on the WL, in the first place? Who knows. March 1st is the application deadline (if I'm wrong on that, someone please correct me!) so.... take your best guess. Sorry - it's been a crazy year, this year. Very unpredictable.

AND GO, GOOSEY, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRUSH THAT LSAT!!!!!
:mrgreen:

jbrowning82

Postby jbrowning82 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:52 am

Hm. When I emailed admissions after I was WLed back in December they said no one would get in before April 1st. Lame.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:56 am

jbrowning82 wrote:Hm. When I emailed admissions after I was WLed back in December they said no one would get in before April 1st. Lame.

Why lame? As I said, it really seemed as if those few people had been inadvertently placed on the WL in the first place. I think the norm is for them to spend March putting together the classes, then see where they stand and start admitting off the WL. I don't think anyone was trying to deceive you!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”