Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby booboo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:42 am

nygrrrl wrote:(Again for Thursday, b/c I liked it so much on Wednesday....)

Estragon, sitting on a low mound, is trying to take off his boot. He pulls at it with both hands, panting. He gives up, exhausted, rests, tries again.
As before.
Enter Vladimir.

ESTRAGON: (giving up again). Nothing to be done.
VLADIMIR: (advancing with short, stiff strides, legs wide apart).
I'm beginning to come round to that opinion. All my life I've tried to put it from me,
saying, Vladimir, be reasonable, you haven't yet tried everything. And I resumed the
struggle. (He broods, musing on the struggle. Turning to Estragon.) So there
you are again.

Welcome back, Party People. Happy Thursday.


Excellent piece to take out, this was a funny/weird play. Definitely enjoyable. :).

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:12 am

Wow, you guys are at it early this morning. I thought I was going to be the first one here.

I did get distracted by reading wtf happened at that TM thread though. Looks awesome.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:14 am

even2flow wrote:Wow, you guys are at it early this morning. I thought I was going to be the first one here.

I did get distracted by reading wtf happened at that TM thread though. Looks awesome.

Crazy, right?
Ya, I'm here early, today. I just have to think there will be some movement on the PT lists, today or tomorrow...

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:50 am

nygrrrl wrote:
even2flow wrote:Wow, you guys are at it early this morning. I thought I was going to be the first one here.

I did get distracted by reading wtf happened at that TM thread though. Looks awesome.

Crazy, right?
Ya, I'm here early, today. I just have to think there will be some movement on the PT lists, today or tomorrow...


Let's hope so!

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:44 am

even2flow wrote:OK, time for self-analysis

I think I'm just kinda irked that there's nothing I can do at this point. When I was taking the LSAT, I could always study a bit more. When I was writing my PS, I could always tweak it or totally scrap it and start over. When I was hunting down my professors for LoRs I could always send them just one more nagging message.

Now I don't even know what to do with myself, because I can't think of anything else I could work on to help my app. I really should re-invest in my hobbies. Or get another girlfriend or something. Anything but...ya know, focus on my work.

Anyone else feeling this way?


Yeah, basically. That's why we're all here in the waiting room. At this point we could have started a book club and read 3 books (one per month)!

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:00 am

rockthelaw wrote:Yeah, basically. That's why we're all here in the waiting room. At this point we could have started a book club and read 3 books (one per month)!


Ugh, I've been like 50 pgs away from the end of World War Z for like 2 or 3 months at this point. There's a stack of books I've been accumulating on my shelf that I keep meaning to read, but that hasn't happened.

Instead, I finally watched Rushmore last night. I enjoyed it.

I could also productively use this time to update my Netflix.

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:01 am

even2flow wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:Yeah, basically. That's why we're all here in the waiting room. At this point we could have started a book club and read 3 books (one per month)!


Ugh, I've been like 50 pgs away from the end of World War Z for like 2 or 3 months at this point. There's a stack of books I've been accumulating on my shelf that I keep meaning to read, but that hasn't happened.

Instead, I finally watched Rushmore last night. I enjoyed it.

I could also productively use this time to update my Netflix.


Ha, I actually read World War Z last month. Pretty good read. I heard that it's going to be made into a movie.

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:05 am

Yeah I heard that too, I have no idea how they can effectively do that. I was thinking either do the story of the war, or do the interviews and tell it through flashbacks, but the books not totally chronological, so the movie would be all over the place.

Good zombie movie tho: 28 Days Later. Loved that movie, and I typically don't care for monster movies.

tesoro
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby tesoro » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:05 am

even2flow wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:Yeah, basically. That's why we're all here in the waiting room. At this point we could have started a book club and read 3 books (one per month)!


Ugh, I've been like 50 pgs away from the end of World War Z for like 2 or 3 months at this point. There's a stack of books I've been accumulating on my shelf that I keep meaning to read, but that hasn't happened.

Instead, I finally watched Rushmore last night. I enjoyed it.

I could also productively use this time to update my Netflix.


I loved World War Z. For some reason, it took me 6 months to read cover-to-cover, so it's interesting to me that you stopped 50 pages from the end. I think I did something really similar. I typically finish books of that length within a week or two.

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:09 am

tesoro wrote:I loved World War Z. For some reason, it took me 6 months to read cover-to-cover, so it's interesting to me that you stopped 50 pages from the end. I think I did something really similar. I typically finish books of that length within a week or two.


I think the style it's written in is tough to stomach for long periods, and it's not too much action or suspense, so you're not really like "Oh crap, what happens next?" Because you know we eventually win the war, I'm at the part now where they're talking about re-taking the infected zones, so I dunno how its gonna happen (or if they went over it, I forgot about it), so I have some motivation to finish it, but get easily distracted. Doesn't mean I'm not enjoying it though, it's pretty cool despite my slow pace.

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:10 am

tesoro wrote:
even2flow wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:Yeah, basically. That's why we're all here in the waiting room. At this point we could have started a book club and read 3 books (one per month)!


Ugh, I've been like 50 pgs away from the end of World War Z for like 2 or 3 months at this point. There's a stack of books I've been accumulating on my shelf that I keep meaning to read, but that hasn't happened.

Instead, I finally watched Rushmore last night. I enjoyed it.

I could also productively use this time to update my Netflix.


I loved World War Z. For some reason, it took me 6 months to read cover-to-cover, so it's interesting to me that you stopped 50 pages from the end. I think I did something really similar. I typically finish books of that length within a week or two.


It took me about 60 pages to start enjoying it, but after that I was done in about 2 days. The stories just got so much more interesting as the book progressed. I loved the Japanese zombie-martial arts.

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:11 am

rockthelaw wrote:It took me about 60 pages to start enjoying it, but after that I was done in about 2 days. The stories just got so much more interesting as the book progressed. I loved the Japanese zombie-martial arts.


Oh you mean that blind dude who survived in the wilderness? that was pretty bad ass. Or the crazy lady who thought she was talking to MetsFan.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:13 am

good morning guys! yes lets hope for some pt movement today and ft movement for me!!

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:47 am

Here's to another day of waiting! I'm doubting anything this week, but maybe next? A girl can dream!

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:56 am

Kim617 wrote:Here's to another day of waiting! I'm doubting anything this week, but maybe next? A girl can dream!


See, now you're embracing it!

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:01 pm

man i just hope fordham doesnt wait another 3 weeks before we see more movement

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:08 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Kim617 wrote:Here's to another day of waiting! I'm doubting anything this week, but maybe next? A girl can dream!


See, now you're embracing it!

YESSSSS - we've won over another one!! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Joan Hollaway » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:10 pm

popping it to say good luck today to the nicest thread on TLS :D

umichgrad
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby umichgrad » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:15 pm

goooood luck everybody!! this is my birthday week, and my birthday wish is that you all get in.

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:18 pm

umichgrad wrote:goooood luck everybody!! this is my birthday week, and my birthday wish is that you all get in.


Ha, wow, that's generous of you. I always wish for a pony.

umichgrad
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby umichgrad » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:20 pm

even2flow wrote:
umichgrad wrote:goooood luck everybody!! this is my birthday week, and my birthday wish is that you all get in.


Ha, wow, that's generous of you. I always wish for a pony.



Already got one :wink:

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:22 pm

umichgrad wrote:
even2flow wrote:
umichgrad wrote:goooood luck everybody!! this is my birthday week, and my birthday wish is that you all get in.


Ha, wow, that's generous of you. I always wish for a pony.



Already got one :wink:


Jeeeealous! Aren't you already in Fordham too? I know who I'm robbing next Christmas.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:35 pm

eviee wrote:popping it to say good luck today to the nicest thread on TLS :D

<3 :mrgreen:

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:40 pm

umichgrad wrote:goooood luck everybody!! this is my birthday week, and my birthday wish is that you all get in.

Thank you, UMICH! Happy Birthday Week! (My sister has slowly expanded hers to Birthday Month...)

umichgrad
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby umichgrad » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:10 pm

even2flow wrote:
umichgrad wrote:
even2flow wrote:
umichgrad wrote:goooood luck everybody!! this is my birthday week, and my birthday wish is that you all get in.


Ha, wow, that's generous of you. I always wish for a pony.



Already got one :wink:


Jeeeealous! Aren't you already in Fordham too? I know who I'm robbing next Christmas.



Haha please don't. I don't actually have a pony. And yes I am in at Fordham, got incredibly lucky on that one. I'm leaning towards GW for geographical and personal reasons, but I'd love to be in a class with y'all lovely folks next year :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ajoelles, cyclawps, lawlaura3494, Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests