Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SanBun

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SanBun » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:03 am

Chillax everyone.. Fordhams median is a 163. How much can they realistically raise their median in one year- 1 point, 2 points? OF COURSE you still stand a chance with a 165, or 164, or 163 for that matter (hell, someone's gotta be in the 25th percentile). and no you're not doomed to be on the waitlist if you don't have a 167+

ok back to studying for finals, keep your heads up everyone

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:07 am

SanBun wrote:Chillax everyone.. Fordhams median is a 163. How much can they realistically raise their median in one year- 1 point, 2 points? OF COURSE you still stand a chance with a 165, or 164, or 163 for that matter (hell, someone's gotta be in the 25th percentile). and no you're not doomed to be on the waitlist if you don't have a 167+

you're looking at old data or their PT median and not their FT. Their newest stats are different. Taken from Fordham's site directly:

"Our most recent entering full-time students had a median LSAT of a 166 and a GPA of a 3.64. Our part-time students had a median LSAT of a 163 and a GPA of a 3.42. "

beebs

Postby beebs » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:11 am

SanBun wrote:Chillax everyone.. Fordhams median is a 163. How much can they realistically raise their median in one year- 1 point, 2 points? OF COURSE you still stand a chance with a 165, or 164, or 163 for that matter (hell, someone's gotta be in the 25th percentile). and no you're not doomed to be on the waitlist if you don't have a 167+

I hate being "that person", but actually the most recent ABA data for Fordham puts the median at 166 for the FT program, 164 for combined, and 162 for PT.

That being said, you have a good bit of advice. We do need to chill out. Law school hasn't even started yet. :)

bsisfun

Postby bsisfun » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:12 am

Last edited by bsisfun on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:12 am

beebs wrote:
I hate being "that person", but actually the most recent ABA data for Fordham puts the median at 166 for the FT program, 164 for combined, and 162 for PT.

That being said, you have a good bit of advice. We do need to chill out. Law school hasn't even started yet. :)

Actually their PT is now 163. They improved that as well.

"Our most recent entering full-time students had a median LSAT of a 166 and a GPA of a 3.64. Our part-time students had a median LSAT of a 163 and a GPA of a 3.42. "

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:22 am

bsisfun wrote:

I agree everyone needs to relax. I was accepted into the FT program on 11/06 with a 164

what was ur GPA?

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:25 am

Boo! I applied 10/31, complete since 11/2, 3.4, 168. Fordham is a TOP choice and I was hoping I'd be in this round of decisions. :(

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:26 am

danidancer wrote:Boo! I applied 10/31, complete since 11/2, 3.4, 168. Fordham is a TOP choice and I was hoping I'd be in this round of decisions. :(

the real round has not even started. only those that fordham hopes to get, but will most likely not, due to them getting accepted to higher ranked schools have been accepted. wait until at least January.
Last edited by finalaspects on Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

bsisfun

Postby bsisfun » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:26 am

Last edited by bsisfun on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:30 am

finalaspects wrote:
danidancer wrote:Boo! I applied 10/31, complete since 11/2, 3.4, 168. Fordham is a TOP choice and I was hoping I'd be in this round of decisions. :(

the real round has not even started. only those that fordham hopes to get, but will most likely not, due to them getting accepted to higher ranked schools have been accepted. wait until at least January.

Well I applied EA, so I'm still hoping for a final decision (acceptance?!?! according to LSP I'm "strong consider") in the next couple of weeks.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:31 am

danidancer wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

Well I applied EA, so I'm still hoping for a final decision (acceptance?!?! according to LSP I'm "strong consider") in the next couple of weeks.

same here. except i have a 3.1gpa. same lsat though. i wish you the best of luck!

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:32 am

finalaspects wrote:same here. except i have a 3.1gpa. same lsat though. i wish you the best of luck!

Good luck! Fingers crossed for us both!

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:45 am

My goodness, you guys are all worse than we were last year for worrying. Fordham uses its waitlist a lot. Myself, my roommate, two close friends in my section, and half of everyone else we know got in off the waitlist. One of the hardest working people in my section literally got in on the last day of orientation.

Also, you should sign up for the official tours at noon on Nov 23rd or Dec 7th. Those are the two I get to lead! I'm really happy they're letting me lead them as a 1L, and it's a huge honor.

Good luck!

cmutone

Postby cmutone » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:43 am

3.72/157 URM top 30 undergrad school, applied last week. what do you guys think my chances are? I lost 7 pts overnight on the LSAT (got a killer headache during the test) so I may take a year off to retake, but I thought I'd apply this cycle anyways and see what happens.

Burberry by Burberry

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:49 am

OperaSoprano wrote:My goodness, you guys are all worse than we were last year for worrying. Fordham uses its waitlist a lot. Myself, my roommate, two close friends in my section, and half of everyone else we know got in off the waitlist. One of the hardest working people in my section literally got in on the last day of orientation.

Also, you should sign up for the official tours at noon on Nov 23rd or Dec 7th. Those are the two I get to lead! I'm really happy they're letting me lead them as a 1L, and it's a huge honor.

Good luck!

Lead a tour after I get accepted and I'll follow.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:07 am

OperaSoprano wrote:One of the hardest working people in my section literally got in on the last day of orientation.
<<< I have nightmares about just this scenario... I've done the WL thing before, for UG. Sure I got into my top choice eventually, but it was hell. So not looking forward to the prospect of dealing with it again for LS. :(

Any suggestions for someone like me (3.4, 168)? My dad went to Fordham for his UG, so I've always been really pro-Fordham and could really see myself happy there!

Unadilla Kayaker

Postby Unadilla Kayaker » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:11 am

Burberry by Burberry wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:My goodness, you guys are all worse than we were last year for worrying. Fordham uses its waitlist a lot. Myself, my roommate, two close friends in my section, and half of everyone else we know got in off the waitlist. One of the hardest working people in my section literally got in on the last day of orientation.

Good luck!

Lead the tour February 15th and I'll be there, though jetlagged. Before that no chance of me making a tour (anywhere).

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:46 am

danidancer wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:One of the hardest working people in my section literally got in on the last day of orientation.
<<< I have nightmares about just this scenario... I've done the WL thing before, for UG. Sure I got into my top choice eventually, but it was hell. So not looking forward to the prospect of dealing with it again for LS. :(

Any suggestions for someone like me (3.4, 168)? My dad went to Fordham for his UG, so I've always been really pro-Fordham and could really see myself happy there!

My suggestion is that you're fine with those numbers. They're a good bit higher than what I had. (Granted, I am a PT student. I had a 164/3.63 --->3.37, knocked down by LSAC due to improper withdrawals when I was ill my junior year.) People said my numbers were fine, but my major complicated things. I ended up being the first fashion merchandising major accepted at Fordham in recent memory. Anything is possible, and do not let people tell you otherwise.

Being waitlisted is impossibly hard, and I won't bore you with my story. It took me five and a half months to get in, but I never gave up, and I never for a moment believed I could go anywhere but Fordham. :mrgreen:

Your numbers make you competitive if you apply ASAP. Hopefully you have done so already.... Do NOT sit around waiting for LORs. DB doesn't really care about them. My only other piece of advice is to read the dean interview, and go visit!

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:48 am

Burberry by Burberry wrote:

Good luck!

Haha, I only got assigned those tour dates. It's considered an honor, and a lot of people love our school and want to give these tours.

fedex77

Postby fedex77 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:12 am

For those still waiting, Fordham's admission stats. for Fall 2008 should offer some perspective (source:USNWR premium subscription)
FT
# applicants - 6859
acceptances - 1700
enrolled - 316

PT
# applicants - 6859
acceptances - 261
enrolled - 160

Less than 1 of 4 accepted will eventually enroll for FT. I guess a lot of the early acceptances will be among the 3 not enrolling (not me, I'm going to Fordham!).

Hope these numbers help!

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:14 am

i'm increasingly feeling like me and my 163 for FT are totally screwed.

beebs

Postby beebs » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:18 am

Good luck!

Touring Monday at noon. Anyone else in? Perhaps it will ease our nerves - either that, or get us even more pumped about Fordham!

BobLoblaw24

Postby BobLoblaw24 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:08 pm

Fordham over USC? Better school, better weather, higher ranked. Unless you are from NY or, for some unfathomable reason, want to end up in NY, it's not even a reasonable question.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:17 pm

BobLoblaw24 wrote:Fordham over USC? Better school, better weather, higher ranked. Unless you are from NY or, for some unfathomable reason, want to end up in NY, it's not even a reasonable question.

Fordham definitely places better in NY and possibly most eastern regions. USC may be higher ranked but they have a less % of graduates to go into big law. Fordham places about 32% while USC places 21% of its graduates into big law.

USC is better for California, and Fordham is better for New York. It is definitely reasonable. I myself would choose USC over Fordham, but im biased towards CA and would like to stay here and end up working here.

manyu

Postby manyu » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:30 pm

sorry to bug all of you while you're preoccupied, but has anyone heard from the pt program? Any pt appliers care to share their numbers/softs?

i will apply pt next year (because of work, not because i'm trying to duck the numbers though mine certainly aren't auto-admit) and Fordham is my top choice. Just trying to get an idea of where i stand...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”