Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
AlanShore

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:16 pm

even2flow wrote:
AlanShore wrote:what do you think the adcomms have been doing? i mean i am sure they are reviewing many applicants but based on LSN and TLS, they havent released any decisions in quite awhile. i know TLS/LSN is not representative of the class they admit but i would think if decisions have been going out these last few weeks we would have seen SOME changes on lsn?

please accept us!

Gonna sound like a dork here but...I just got off the phone with LSAC asking why they hadn't sent one of my LoRs to Fordham and apparently Fordham only accepts app material on the 2nd and the 16th of the month, so I'm guessing maybe we'll see smoe movement soon?

Plus, isn't the deadline approaching soon (or did it pass, I have no idea) so they may just be playing office olympics til it gets to the deadline date at this point.

yea deadline is in march. maybe they are waiting for it to get very close to that date before deciding.. but god i hope not.

Lolek

Postby Lolek » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:17 pm

Really? I had my grades sent out from LSAC to Fordham the 19th, doesn't make sense they would only accept material 2 times in a month.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:22 pm

Lolek wrote:Really? I had my grades sent out from LSAC to Fordham the 19th, doesn't make sense they would only accept material 2 times in a month.

No idea how true it is, this is what the person from LSAC told me like an hour ago. I thought it was wierd too. I was just asking her why my LoR was sent to all my schools except Fordham and she said this was why. Maybe its different for LoR's or app updates or I dunno.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:29 pm

even2flow wrote:
Lolek wrote:Really? I had my grades sent out from LSAC to Fordham the 19th, doesn't make sense they would only accept material 2 times in a month.

No idea how true it is, this is what the person from LSAC told me like an hour ago. I thought it was wierd too. I was just asking her why my LoR was sent to all my schools except Fordham and she said this was why. Maybe its different for LoR's or app updates or I dunno.

huh. I do remember thinking it was crazy that a friend who'd submitted to LSAC in early November and I - who submitted my stuff on the 14th - both went complete at Fordham on the 16th. Maybe that's what LSAC means?

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:30 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
even2flow wrote:

huh. I do remember thinking it was crazy that a friend who'd submitted to LSAC in early November and I - who submitted my stuff on the 14th - both went complete at Fordham on the 16th. Maybe that's what LSAC means?

mmhm same here. i went complete the same day (16) as other people who applied earlier

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:35 pm

So as someone who was rejected FT and reapplied PT, I've been working on a LOCI for the last week or so. Is that a situation where it would be appropriate to send one in at this point?

paminator

Postby paminator » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:39 pm

Heyyyyy...someone said they received an ACCEPTANCE email on 1/29 from Fordham...

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/terpette

??

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:52 pm

paminator wrote:Heyyyyy...someone said they received an ACCEPTANCE email on 1/29 from Fordham...

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/terpette

??

:shock: :shock: :shock:

mps

Postby mps » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:54 pm

Every time i notice this thread blowing up i quickly read through in hopes of seeing NYGrrl, AlanShore, Goosey, et al sharing their good news (and hoping that bodes well for me), but sadly, no.

what a waiting game, i almost regret applying so early!

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:29 pm

even2flow wrote:
AlanShore wrote:what do you think the adcomms have been doing? i mean i am sure they are reviewing many applicants but based on LSN and TLS, they havent released any decisions in quite awhile. i know TLS/LSN is not representative of the class they admit but i would think if decisions have been going out these last few weeks we would have seen SOME changes on lsn?

please accept us!

Gonna sound like a dork here but...I just got off the phone with LSAC asking why they hadn't sent one of my LoRs to Fordham and apparently Fordham only accepts app material on the 2nd and the 16th of the month, so I'm guessing maybe we'll see smoe movement soon?

Plus, isn't the deadline approaching soon (or did it pass, I have no idea) so they may just be playing office olympics til it gets to the deadline date at this point.

I submitted my app sometime after the 16th of December and was complete (including LORs on the status checker) before the next 2nd, so I don't know how that would work.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:53 pm

even2flow wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:Dude, we're writing on a forum about law school admissions. We're all dorks. Lovable, cool dorks, but dorks nonetheless :D

Sometimes I forget if I'm posting on TLS or my Twilight fan board. Similar color schemes.

lolol - ya, I can see how that would be a problem.

groundkontrol

Postby groundkontrol » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:35 pm

Hey everyone. Does Fordham actually go to it's waitlist? Or is it just a soft rejection like other schools? Also have people been accepted off the waitlist yet? When should we expect to hear? May?

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:45 pm

groundkontrol wrote:Hey everyone. Does Fordham actually go to it's waitlist? Or is it just a soft rejection like other schools? Also have people been accepted off the waitlist yet? When should we expect to hear? May?

Yes, they use the wl.
Yes, people have been accepted off of it.
Impossible to answer your last question.

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:15 pm

nothing. :(

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:30 pm

AlanShore wrote:nothing. :(

I'm feeling for you guys who have been waiting so long.

What time of day does Fordham usually release decisions, so I can check then every day to see if there was movement on your guys?

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:24 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:What time of day does Fordham usually release decisions?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :) :? :evil:
(We don't know, not having seen many....)

knickfan

Postby knickfan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:29 pm

nygrrrl wrote:

lol nygrl, if you don't mind-did you apply pt/ft? When did you go complete?

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:32 pm

knickfan wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

PT, 11/16, if I'm not mistaken.

knickfan

Postby knickfan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:48 pm

ccs1702 wrote:
knickfan wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

PT, 11/16, if I'm not mistaken.

:cry: :cry: I went complete 1/4. I thought that I was going to be hearing from them in the near future. Guess not

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:48 pm

ccs1702 wrote:PT, 11/16, if I'm not mistaken.

I love you. How did you remember that? (I've been harping about it, haven't I. Sorry. :shock: )
Yes, PT, 11/16.

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:50 pm

nygrrrl wrote:

I love you. How did you remember that? (I've been harping about it, haven't I. Sorry. :shock: )
Yes, PT, 11/16.

:shock: I'm a genius.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:52 pm

nygrrrl wrote:

Yes, PT, 11/16.

I don't think there's a regular poster on this thread who doesn't have that info memorized

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:58 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

Yes, PT, 11/16.

I don't think there's a regular poster on this thread who doesn't have that info memorized

I'm sorry.
I didn't mean to be annoying. I'll shut up, now.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:59 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

Yes, PT, 11/16.

I'm sorry.

oh no no no!!!!! i didn't mean it like that!!!!! just that we're all pulling for you!!!!

muggie

Postby muggie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:05 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
Yes, PT, 11/16.

I'm sorry.

oh no no no!!!!! i didn't mean it like that!!!!! just that we're all pulling for you!!!!

I am mainly a lurker on this particular thread, also waiting to hear back from Fordham, but my purpose for lurking is to see if nygrrrl has finally been accepted already!! & i definitely knew that info. :D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”