Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
waxloaf

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby waxloaf » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:51 pm

td6624 wrote:just got my status checker info.

starting to wish these things just didn't exist.

+1, I would be far more productive without them

paminator

Postby paminator » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:24 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Still waiting.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:41 pm

Estragon, sitting on a low mound, is trying to take off his boot. He pulls at it with both hands, panting. He gives up, exhausted, rests, tries again.
As before.
Enter Vladimir.

ESTRAGON: (giving up again). Nothing to be done.
VLADIMIR: (advancing with short, stiff strides, legs wide apart).
I'm beginning to come round to that opinion. All my life I've tried to put it from me,
saying, Vladimir, be reasonable, you haven't yet tried everything. And I resumed the
struggle. (He broods, musing on the struggle. Turning to Estragon.) So there
you are again.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:00 pm

nygrrrl wrote:Estragon, sitting on a low mound, is trying to take off his boot. He pulls at it with both hands, panting. He gives up, exhausted, rests, tries again.
As before.
Enter Vladimir.

I'm beginning to come round to that opinion. All my life I've tried to put it from me,
saying, Vladimir, be reasonable, you haven't yet tried everything. And I resumed the
you are again.

Haha, yep.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:10 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:Estragon, sitting on a low mound, is trying to take off his boot. He pulls at it with both hands, panting. He gives up, exhausted, rests, tries again.
As before.
Enter Vladimir.

you are again.

Haha, yep.

I'm debating between slowly putting up the entire play, or just selected bits....

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:14 pm

Personally, I'd like to see the whole thing. I think I'd enjoy it.

Is it legal? Probably not, but this is the place to figure it out.

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:27 pm

Congrats Goosey on your engagement!!! (I know I'm a little late to thread >.<) And for those who suggested living together, I believe Goosey mentioned that she wears a hijab in another thread, so I'm assuming that's not an option for her XD (I don't mean to be overstepping lol, my GF wears a hijab, so knowing that background I'm pretty sure it's not really an option). I wish I could actually good advice but being a 0L and not married I'm not sure what to say, but if you think of it this way, by December you'd be halfway through 1L right? By which time you'd hopefully get the swing of things in Law School and even with a marriage might be able to manage your time between everything. Just my .02 cents :P

Good luck to everyone still waiting! I'm still kinda stumped how some of you are 11/16 and haven't heard back! Though I do think it's a good sign past all these WLs and Rejections :D

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:32 pm

even2flow wrote:Personally, I'd like to see the whole thing. I think I'd enjoy it.

Is it legal? Probably not, but this is the place to figure it out.

Hmmm.... that's an interesting question. Should I be paying rights, to reproduce it on this forum?
Probably. Then again, people put song lyrics up on the internet all the time... but that's probably not legal, either...
Perhaps we should have a poll. ha ha.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:33 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:I'm still kinda stumped how some of you are 11/16 and haven't heard back! Though I do think it's a good sign past all these WLs and Rejections :D

Yes, this is the thought to which we are clinging!
WE'RE NOT DEAD, YET.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:41 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:I'm still kinda stumped how some of you are 11/16 and haven't heard back! Though I do think it's a good sign past all these WLs and Rejections :D

WE'RE NOT DEAD, YET.

Remember the end of Titanic? Same deal.

We're not Leo.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:45 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:by December you'd be halfway through 1L right? By which time you'd hopefully get the swing of things in Law School and even with a marriage might be able to manage your time between everything. Just my .02 cents :P

So my roomate was a 1L during my first year in grad school, and he was out of the house only slightly less than I was (working a 12-14 hr day 6-7 days/week), and he rocked 1L, but his relationship went to shit throughout. They were able to stay together, but I guess what I'm thinking is: why put yourself through the stress? You have your entiiiire life to be married, what's 1 year?

Again, unless there's something else going on that I'm not aware of that will complicate matters further, as again, I'm a random dude from the internet.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:46 pm

even2flow wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

WE'RE NOT DEAD, YET.

We're not Leo.

6/1500 people making it might not be the best example to use...

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:51 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:6/1500 people making it might not be the best example to use...

Fair enough.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:51 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
even2flow wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

WE'RE NOT DEAD, YET.

We're not Leo.

I am seriously laughing, out loud. People are looking at me, funny.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
That said, I'm kind of loving, "We're not Leo" as our new Slogan.

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:54 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
even2flow wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

WE'RE NOT DEAD, YET.

We're not Leo.

Ummm...REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!..........oh wait

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:57 pm

what do you think the adcomms have been doing? i mean i am sure they are reviewing many applicants but based on LSN and TLS, they havent released any decisions in quite awhile. i know TLS/LSN is not representative of the class they admit but i would think if decisions have been going out these last few weeks we would have seen SOME changes on lsn?

please accept us!

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:59 pm

even2flow wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:6/1500 people making it might not be the best example to use...

Fair enough.

If you are dead set on a Titanic reference, I guess we are more like the people already in the lifeboats just waitint to be rescued...

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:00 pm

WE'RE NOT LEO!!!

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:01 pm

nygrrrl wrote:WE'RE NOT LEO!!!

I REFUSE TO BE LEO. NOOOOOOOO

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:01 pm

no need to yell.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:04 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

no need to yell.

Oh yes, yes... I think we may have reached the yelling stage, over here.... :twisted:

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:05 pm

AlanShore wrote:what do you think the adcomms have been doing? i mean i am sure they are reviewing many applicants but based on LSN and TLS, they havent released any decisions in quite awhile. i know TLS/LSN is not representative of the class they admit but i would think if decisions have been going out these last few weeks we would have seen SOME changes on lsn?

please accept us!

Gonna sound like a dork here but...I just got off the phone with LSAC asking why they hadn't sent one of my LoRs to Fordham and apparently Fordham only accepts app material on the 2nd and the 16th of the month, so I'm guessing maybe we'll see smoe movement soon?

Plus, isn't the deadline approaching soon (or did it pass, I have no idea) so they may just be playing office olympics til it gets to the deadline date at this point.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:10 pm

even2flow wrote:
AlanShore wrote:what do you think the adcomms have been doing? i mean i am sure they are reviewing many applicants but based on LSN and TLS, they havent released any decisions in quite awhile. i know TLS/LSN is not representative of the class they admit but i would think if decisions have been going out these last few weeks we would have seen SOME changes on lsn?

please accept us!

Gonna sound like a dork here but...I just got off the phone with LSAC asking why they hadn't sent one of my LoRs to Fordham and apparently Fordham only accepts app material on the 2nd and the 16th of the month, so I'm guessing maybe we'll see smoe movement soon?

Plus, isn't the deadline approaching soon (or did it pass, I have no idea) so they may just be playing office olympics til it gets to the deadline date at this point.

Dude, we're writing on a forum about law school admissions. We're all dorks. Lovable, cool dorks, but dorks nonetheless :D

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:12 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
even2flow wrote:

please accept us!

Dude, we're writing on a forum about law school admissions. We're all dorks. Lovable, cool dorks, but dorks nonetheless :D

+1

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:16 pm

rockthelaw wrote:Dude, we're writing on a forum about law school admissions. We're all dorks. Lovable, cool dorks, but dorks nonetheless :D

Sometimes I forget if I'm posting on TLS or my Twilight fan board. Similar color schemes.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”