Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby JusticeHarlan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:40 am

A haiku:

Fordham takes its time,
While we watch an elephant,
Up, flick, down, repeat.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:46 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:A haiku:

Fordham takes its time,
While we watch an elephant,
Up, flick, down, repeat.

Hahaha I love this!!!

I am getting paranoid fordham lost my app . Is it inappropriate to email them to ask for a quick update?

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:50 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:A haiku:

Fordham takes its time,
While we watch an elephant,
Up, flick, down, repeat.


BRILLIANT.
(Should we make today Official Fordham Haiku Day?)

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby JusticeHarlan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:55 am

A (terrible) limerick:

There once was a school in Manhattan,
Where forever nothing would happen
The wait was so long
But the 0Ls were strong
‘till one day they were told they had got in!

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:56 am

Fifty-seven days
Could be fifty-seven more
On the waiting list

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:12 am

For Fordham long weeks we have waited,
So nervous and with our breath bated.
Come fall we will see
That our school will be
As great as we anticipated!

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SAE » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:13 am

:mrgreen:

Guys, please stop posting poetry! It looks like Fordham adcoms are distracted enough as is! :!:

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:20 am

SAE wrote::mrgreen:

Guys, please stop posting poetry! It looks like Fordham adcoms are distracted enough as is! :!:

Ya, they're distracted alright....
"Hey, guys! C'mon! We haven't watched the elephant thing in at least an hour! Up....."
:lol: :lol: :lol: (Hm. I could have several boxes of Dunkin Donuts and coffee delivered... that might speed things up!)

edit - i just love that elephant.

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:17 am

nygrrrl wrote:
SAE wrote::mrgreen:

Guys, please stop posting poetry! It looks like Fordham adcoms are distracted enough as is! :!:

Ya, they're distracted alright....
"Hey, guys! C'mon! We haven't watched the elephant thing in at least an hour! Up....."
:lol: :lol: :lol: (Hm. I could have several boxes of Dunkin Donuts and coffee delivered... that might speed things up!)

edit - i just love that elephant.


"Dear Dean Brown,

"I understand that you are very busy, so my pals from TLS and I decided to brighten your day by contacting Dunkin Donuts corporate office and getting you and your coworkers a daily supply of doughnuts and coffee. That's right - you can have as many sprinkles or Dunkachinos as you want! We hope that this gift - which in no way reflects our desire to attend your law school, and is intended only as a gesture of our good will - will motivate you to power through the piles of applications before you. After all, you can't have cura pesonalis without taking care of your hunger!

"Please accept our gift and good luck with admitting the right people!

"Sincerely,

The TLS Fordham crew

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:30 am

rockthelaw wrote:
"Dear Dean Brown,

"I understand that you are very busy, so my pals from TLS and I decided to brighten your day by contacting Dunkin Donuts corporate office and getting you and your coworkers a daily supply of doughnuts and coffee. That's right - you can have as many sprinkles or Dunkachinos as you want! We hope that this gift - which in no way reflects our desire to attend your law school, and is intended only as a gesture of our good will - will motivate you to power through the piles of applications before you. After all, you can't have cura pesonalis without taking care of your hunger!

"Please accept our gift and good luck with admitting the right people!

"Sincerely,

The TLS Fordham crew


TITCR!!!!! :mrgreen:

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:32 am

nygrrrl wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:
"Dear Dean Brown,

"I understand that you are very busy, so my pals from TLS and I decided to brighten your day by contacting Dunkin Donuts corporate office and getting you and your coworkers a daily supply of doughnuts and coffee. That's right - you can have as many sprinkles or Dunkachinos as you want! We hope that this gift - which in no way reflects our desire to attend your law school, and is intended only as a gesture of our good will - will motivate you to power through the piles of applications before you. After all, you can't have cura pesonalis without taking care of your hunger!

"Please accept our gift and good luck with admitting the right people!

"Sincerely,

The TLS Fordham crew


TITCR!!!!! :mrgreen:


Maybe throw in some Starbucks as well? after all, it is the UWS.

tesoro
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby tesoro » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:43 am

So... I guess I've been paying a lot less attention to this thread.

What is up flick down?

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SAE » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:46 am

tesoro wrote:So... I guess I've been paying a lot less attention to this thread.

What is up flick down?

<-- Apparently, this.

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:46 am

tesoro wrote:So... I guess I've been paying a lot less attention to this thread.

What is up flick down?


See SAE's avatar earlier on this page.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:47 am

SAE wrote:
tesoro wrote:So... I guess I've been paying a lot less attention to this thread.

What is up flick down?

<-- Apparently, this.

Yup. THAT.

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby beebs » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:50 am

Thanks for pointing out the addictive power of the elephant. Literally just watched it for five minutes.

angioletto
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby angioletto » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:52 am

I applied to Fordham last week and got my status checker today, complete as of 1-29. I am not sure if I want to move that far from home but if I am accepted I will definitely consider it.

This thread made me want donuts and coffee.

User avatar
tate033
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:40 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby tate033 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:53 am

rockthelaw wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
SAE wrote::mrgreen:

Guys, please stop posting poetry! It looks like Fordham adcoms are distracted enough as is! :!:

Ya, they're distracted alright....
"Hey, guys! C'mon! We haven't watched the elephant thing in at least an hour! Up....."
:lol: :lol: :lol: (Hm. I could have several boxes of Dunkin Donuts and coffee delivered... that might speed things up!)

edit - i just love that elephant.


"Dear Dean Brown,

"I understand that you are very busy, so my pals from TLS and I decided to brighten your day by contacting Dunkin Donuts corporate office and getting you and your coworkers a daily supply of doughnuts and coffee. That's right - you can have as many sprinkles or Dunkachinos as you want! We hope that this gift - which in no way reflects our desire to attend your law school, and is intended only as a gesture of our good will - will motivate you to power through the piles of applications before you. After all, you can't have cura pesonalis without taking care of your hunger!

"Please accept our gift and good luck with admitting the right people!

"Sincerely,

The TLS Fordham crew


feeling the Jesuit love today :D

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SAE » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:53 am

The speed of the avatar actually depends on the browser you are using. Firefox plays it too fast. It's fine in IE (but who the hell uses that?) and Google Chrome (ftw).

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:54 am

beebs wrote:Thanks for pointing out the addictive power of the elephant. Literally just watched it for five minutes.


Word on the street / accoring to your LSN profile, some congrats are in order on having a few bucks thrown your way from Fordham!

And oh my yes, you applied to way too many schools!

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:55 am

beebs wrote:Thanks for pointing out the addictive power of the elephant. Literally just watched it for five minutes.

I KNOW - RIGHT????!!!!
It's extremely soothing.

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SAE » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:57 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:And oh my yes, you applied to way too many schools!

That was my initial reaction, too, but there's a fee waiver for every one of them.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:06 pm

SAE wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:And oh my yes, you applied to way too many schools!

That was my initial reaction, too, but there's a fee waiver for every one of them.


Even without it costing anything, that's a lot of apps to fill out and proofread and worry about, etc. It seems to have worked out pretty well though.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:07 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
SAE wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:And oh my yes, you applied to way too many schools!

That was my initial reaction, too, but there's a fee waiver for every one of them.


Even without it costing anything, that's a lot of apps to fill out and proofread and worry about, etc. It seems to have worked out pretty well though.

Seriously - I love Beebs' cycle.

td6624
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby td6624 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:41 pm

just got my status checker info.

starting to wish these things just didn't exist.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: drillteam, hwwong, lawlawland16, lillawyer2, Long shot hero, mav1993 and 20 guests