Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rockthelaw

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:40 pm

Another day of waiting for Godot?

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:41 pm

goosey wrote:9 days till the lsat.

i was just thinking today, that between waiting for lsat scores and admissions decisions simultaneously, I may just have an aneurysm and die. seriously, how much anticipation can one take before it kills them? Guess we will find out soon.

You're taking it again? :shock:

good luck! I'm sure you'll do awesome! I know I'd never want to mix the stress of LSAT + admissions together >.<

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:42 pm

waiting waiting waiting. good luck goosey on lsat!

smacroon

Postby smacroon » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi I know I am late to this particular part of the game but how long did it take everyone to go complete? I submitted a couple weeks ago and have not heard anything. I hope they are busy admitting y'all but just wanted to check :D

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:47 pm

smacroon wrote:Hi I know I am late to this particular part of the game but how long did it take everyone to go complete? I submitted a couple weeks ago and have not heard anything. I hope they are busy admitting y'all but just wanted to check :D

i went complete right away but they are probably backed up now.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:18 pm

AlanShore wrote:
smacroon wrote:Hi I know I am late to this particular part of the game but how long did it take everyone to go complete? I submitted a couple weeks ago and have not heard anything. I hope they are busy admitting y'all but just wanted to check :D

i went complete right away but they are probably backed up now.

Same here.

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:43 pm

9 days, though that included Christmas, so I'm sure they weren't in the office for entire time. I was pleasantly surprised they got in done before New Years (*eyes Cornell angrily*).

mps

Postby mps » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:27 pm

No new round of admits/denies/WL? it's been so long since the last batch of decisions! come on, fordham!! or, well, take as much time as you need to decide that we are worthy of acceptance...

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:10 pm

mps wrote:No new round of admits/denies/WL? it's been so long since the last batch of decisions! come on, fordham!! or, well, take as much time as you need to decide that we are worthy of acceptance...

it has been quite awhile since the last batch. perhaps the next batch will be 100000000 ACCEPTANCES!!

SAE

Postby SAE » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:14 pm

AlanShore wrote:
mps wrote:No new round of admits/denies/WL? it's been so long since the last batch of decisions! come on, fordham!! or, well, take as much time as you need to decide that we are worthy of acceptance...

it has been quite awhile since the last batch. perhaps the next batch will be 100000000 ACCEPTANCES!!

And the Lincoln Center will become a part of the law school. :D

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:15 pm

SAE wrote:
AlanShore wrote:

and full scholarships to everyone.

SAE

Postby SAE » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:16 pm

AlanShore wrote:
SAE wrote:
AlanShore wrote:

and full scholarships to everyone.

That's what Obama said last night!

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:38 pm

SAE wrote:
AlanShore wrote:and full scholarships to everyone.

That's what Obama said last night!

:lol: :lol:
(uuuuuup.... FLICK...doooooown....uuuuuup.....FLICK...doooooown)

mps

Postby mps » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm

Yay, I love everyone's enthusiasm!

Boro88

Postby Boro88 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:44 pm

Yey for another day. When was the last batch sent out?

Stellar

Postby Stellar » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:49 pm

Hey nygrrrl. I heart you. I check daily - pretty much - to see if you got admitted. (I'm got WL'd for PT). But I have to ask: what the heck is the flick/up/flick/down thing. I guess I don't stalk you and goosey and the rest enough to have caught on.

p.s. I even have my fiance asking "Hey - did nygrrrl get in yet?" ...we're rooting for you. (0:

tram988

Postby tram988 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:58 pm

Have people gotten scholarship info? I was accepted early December and still haven't heard anything.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:05 pm

Stellar wrote:Hey nygrrrl. I heart you. I check daily - pretty much - to see if you got admitted. (I'm got WL'd for PT). But I have to ask: what the heck is the flick/up/flick/down thing. I guess I don't stalk you and goosey and the rest enough to have caught on.

p.s. I even have my fiance asking "Hey - did nygrrrl get in yet?" ...we're rooting for you. (0:

AGHGGH!!!! You have one of my favorite tars, EVER. I love that.
Thank you for the support - that's ridiculously sweet of you (and your fiance!)

The UpFLICKDown is because I find SAE's tar absolutely mesmerizing. Sometimes I just sit and stare at that little elephant, going up and down... and I love how his trunk sort of FLICKs, at the top.
LOL.
So ridiculous.
Congrats on the PT WL - if last year is any indication, they'll go deeep into that list!! Will keep my fingers crossed for you, too.

Stellar

Postby Stellar » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:10 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
Stellar wrote:Hey nygrrrl. I heart you. I check daily - pretty much - to see if you got admitted. (I'm got WL'd for PT). But I have to ask: what the heck is the flick/up/flick/down thing. I guess I don't stalk you and goosey and the rest enough to have caught on.

AGHGGH!!!! You have one of my favorite tars, EVER. I love that.
Thank you for the support - that's ridiculously sweet of you (and your fiance!)

The UpFLICKDown is because I find SAE's tar absolutely mesmerizing. Sometimes I just sit and stare at that little elephant, going up and down... and I love how his trunk sort of FLICKs, at the top.
LOL.
So ridiculous.
Congrats on the PT WL - if last year is any indication, they'll go deeep into that list!! Will keep my fingers crossed for you, too.

You really think so? About the waitlist?! WOW! You give me so much hope!

Fordham would be heavenly. I've had a pretty rough cycle cuz my LSAT is pretty crap-tastic. But Fordham seems to think I'm at least an interesting person so I'm very much crushing on them now.

I shall join you in watching Mr. Elephant 'til Fordham calls and [strike]asks me out[/strike] lets me in.

SAE

Postby SAE » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:12 pm

up.. flick.. down

sirchristaylor

Postby sirchristaylor » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:15 pm

SAE wrote:up.. flick.. down

If I don't find a great elephant tar quickly, I'm going to steak your elephant while (s)he's up in the air and put her/him on my trampoline... I LOVE ELEPHANTS.

klk

Postby klk » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:00 pm

Hey all! So I posted here awhile back about a rejection I received from Fordham via my status checker. It was slightly unusual since my numbers are kinda high, and some people suggested writing in to ask the dean what happened, which I did.

I just received a reply from Dean Brown. He stated that I have in fact been admitted (even though I received the snail mail rejection letter), and that due to a problem with my letters of recommendation being filed separately from my initial complete application (I sent them in later due to advice I received to send in the app first since lors aren't required), I was incorrectly coded as denied as some reviewers had wanted to see them.

Story here: SEND IN YOUR LORS WITH YOUR APPLICATION. Don't wait. Fordham's reviewers want them. Doing that would have cost me a lot of confusion and, quite frankly, terror that I wouldn't get in anywhere cause I screwed something up. I don't want to say this to show that if you write a letter they'll let you in. I just want people to avoid the mistake I made.

Also, the Fordham staff was not only incredibly nice, but their treatment of this case further reinforces why I believe everything good I've heard about this school and the people who work there. I am pretty amazed, and pretty happy. Best of luck to the rest of you!

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:02 pm

klk wrote:Hey all! So I posted here awhile back about a rejection I received from Fordham via my status checker. It was slightly unusual since my numbers are kinda high, and some people suggested writing in to ask the dean what happened, which I did.

I just received a reply from Dean Brown. He stated that I have in fact been admitted (even though I received the snail mail rejection letter), and that due to a problem with my letters of recommendation being filed separately from my initial complete application (I sent them in later due to advice I received to send in the app first since lors aren't required), I was incorrectly coded as denied as some reviewers had wanted to see them.

Story here: SEND IN YOUR LORS WITH YOUR APPLICATION. Don't wait. Fordham's reviewers want them. Doing that would have cost me a lot of confusion and, quite frankly, terror that I wouldn't get in anywhere cause I screwed something up. I don't want to say this to show that if you write a letter they'll let you in. I just want people to avoid the mistake I made.

Also, the Fordham staff was not only incredibly nice, but their treatment of this case further reinforces why I believe everything good I've heard about this school and the people who work there. I am pretty amazed, and pretty happy. Best of luck to the rest of you!

Holy shit. Good thing you wrote to him. Congrats!

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:00 am

klk wrote:Hey all! So I posted here awhile back about a rejection I received from Fordham via my status checker. It was slightly unusual since my numbers are kinda high, and some people suggested writing in to ask the dean what happened, which I did.

Wow, what a crazy and disturbing story. I got rejected from one of my safeties and thought about sending them something like you did ("Dear American: wtf? Love, bw"). But then I just got nervous that if I asked them what was wrong with my app they'd say something awful ("frankly, you came off like a real douche") and make me even more paranoid about the rest of my cycle. Good for you for overcoming that.

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:03 am

beef wellington wrote:

Wow, what a crazy and disturbing story. I got rejected from one of my safeties and thought about sending them something like you did ("Dear American: wtf? Love, bw"). But then I just got nervous that if I asked them what was wrong with my app they'd say something awful ("frankly, you came off like a real douche") and make me even more paranoid about the rest of my cycle. Good for you for overcoming that.

yeah.. i got rejected from Suffolk.. but I really wasnt planning on going even if that was the only school I got into so its okay. I am/was just pretty surprised.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”