Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SAE » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:56 am

nygrrrl wrote:[edit: SAE - uuuuup... FLICK..dooown....uuuuuuup..FLICK..doooown}

:D

I'm glad I'm making your wait a little easier.

User avatar
Cardboardbox
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Cardboardbox » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:05 am

Hmmm, Elle Woods style? Is that what it takes to get in?

*Preps his mankini and video camera*

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:15 am

Cardboardbox wrote:Hmmm, Elle Woods style? Is that what it takes to get in?

*Preps his mankini and video camera*

:lol: !!!! HOT TUB

User avatar
paminator
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby paminator » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:55 am

Haha, YES YOU ARE!!! I love that elephant!!!


SAE wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:[edit: SAE - uuuuup... FLICK..dooown....uuuuuuup..FLICK..doooown}

:D

I'm glad I'm making your wait a little easier.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby goosey » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:14 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Fordham is going to have to have a seperate "Nygrrrl/Goosey/AlanShore" acceptance weekend where everyone here shows up in celebration of their good news.



yessss!!!

THANK U :)

So my need to get into fordham is getting a bit stronger. I want to write a LOCI, except that I have not gotten any official word yet so it might seem a little weird. I also REALLY need part time law school and my only options in ny for that are brooklyn and fordham. cardozo's part time turns into ft in 2L. I need part time throughout. PLEASE FORDHAM!!! My life has taken a turn towards you, ACCEPT ME!!! be kind!!!!

do you guys think its possible they wait to see if us news changes their ranking process for 2009 before solidifying the pt class? Maybe after the crazy drops last year there was some pressure to maybe have a different list of pt programs rather than factoring it in? I dont know. But I like to speculate haha.

COME ON FORDHAM!!!

umichgrad
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby umichgrad » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:18 pm

goosey, i've sent fordham a mental confetti cake with chocolate icing that says "...and goosey too!!" just for you.

anyone else for admissions confections? i'm taking requests.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:19 pm

umichgrad wrote:goosey, i've sent fordham a mental confetti cake with chocolate icing that says "...and goosey too!!" just for you.

anyone else for admissions confections? i'm taking requests.

can you send one for me pretty please? :|

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:20 pm

I thought you had applied FT...anyway, I've heard LOCI's without a decision are frowned upon, but perhaps if your life circumstances have changed and it really has had an effect on where you CAN go, not just where you WANT to go, it may make sense to let them know. I'm no authority, however, just me $.02.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby goosey » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:21 pm

umichgrad wrote:goosey, i've sent fordham a mental confetti cake with chocolate icing that says "...and goosey too!!" just for you.

anyone else for admissions confections? i'm taking requests.




hahah thank you!!! much appreciated!!! bake some weed into the brownies, that way they get high and think accepting me is the best idea EVER!

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:25 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:I thought you had applied FT...anyway, I've heard LOCI's without a decision are frowned upon, but perhaps if your life circumstances have changed and it really has had an effect on where you CAN go, not just where you WANT to go, it may make sense to let them know. I'm no authority, however, just me $.02.

yes i heard this too. however, OS did say fordham likes to admit people to love and really want to attend (LIKE US OK). where are you goosey? can you maybe make a couple trips to fordham to show your face instead? i think this would be better than a loci

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SAE » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:27 pm

AlanShore wrote:can you maybe make a couple trips to fordham to show your face instead? i think this would be better than a loci

I don't see how these are mutually exclusive. 8)

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:30 pm

SAE wrote:
AlanShore wrote:can you maybe make a couple trips to fordham to show your face instead? i think this would be better than a loci

I don't see how these are mutually exclusive. 8)

haha true.... but maybe a loci and multiple trips to their office would be overkill? haha. but then again..maybe not... OS did it.... :D

umichgrad
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby umichgrad » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:35 pm

fresh out of the oven and on its way to Fordham via teleport, an apple-pear crumble with cinnamon icing dollops that say "A. Shore is a Shore way to go!"

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:36 pm

umichgrad wrote:fresh out of the oven and on its way to Fordham via teleport, an apple-pear crumble with cinnamon icing dollops that say "A. Shore is a Shore way to go!"



HAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAAHAHAH

umichgrad
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby umichgrad » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:37 pm

man, i should get paid for this. y'all owe me commission when you get in.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:44 pm

Umich, if I get in? I will get you Fordham swag.
Goosey - i'm in a meeting right now but will pm you later; debating the same tactics, planning my first assault on the office for tomorrow or Friday!
SAE - uuuuup.... FLICK..dooown..... !

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:45 pm

nygrrrl wrote:Umich, if I get in? I will get you Fordham swag.
Goosey - i'm in a meeting right now but will pm you later; debating the same tactics, planning my first assault on the office for tomorrow or Friday!
SAE - uuuuup.... FLICK..dooown..... !

OK if you guys go try to name drop my name ok?!? thanks!!

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:01 pm

Well I went and visited a few weeks back and I found it to be a worthwhile experience. I had some questions answered and, in my opinion, made a positive impression. The person I spoke with did say that she would make a note in my file of my visit, whatever that may mean. I'm also working on an LOCI for my new PT app. If you're in the area, I would definitely recommend setting up a visit, I emailed the generic admissions email address to do it.

User avatar
Steve Zissou
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Steve Zissou » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:26 pm

I've been out, not paying attention. Just sent in my LOCI...

Now to wait another 6 weeks and send a 2nd, desperate LOCI, full of regret that I stated in my first LOCI that I had a preference for either FT/PT.

I just want to go to Fordham!

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby dakatz » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:28 pm

I stopped into the admissions office today and had a chance to speak with someone about my situation and what strategies I should use for increasing my chances off the WL. Hopefully, this meeting, combined with my LOCI, will make some sort of difference.

User avatar
unknownscholar
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby unknownscholar » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:29 pm

.
Last edited by unknownscholar on Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby goosey » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:08 am

9 days till the lsat.

i was just thinking today, that between waiting for lsat scores and admissions decisions simultaneously, I may just have an aneurysm and die. seriously, how much anticipation can one take before it kills them? Guess we will find out soon.

User avatar
unknownscholar
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby unknownscholar » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:16 am

goosey wrote:9 days till the lsat.

i was just thinking today, that between waiting for lsat scores and admissions decisions simultaneously, I may just have an aneurysm and die. seriously, how much anticipation can one take before it kills them? Guess we will find out soon.



good luck. That's definitely too over the top for me. I purposely took it early so that I could separate the stress. lol.

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:41 am

goosey wrote:9 days till the lsat.

i was just thinking today, that between waiting for lsat scores and admissions decisions simultaneously, I may just have an aneurysm and die. seriously, how much anticipation can one take before it kills them? Guess we will find out soon.


Good luck!

User avatar
paminator
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby paminator » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:14 am

Happy Thursday!

Thank goodness for SOTU coverage to keep me distracted today...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests