Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SAE

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SAE » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:37 pm

jl2032 wrote: Should I send some kind of LOCI even if I haven't heard anything yet?

No.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:51 pm

jl2032 wrote: Should I send some kind of LOCI even if I haven't heard anything yet?

LOL. Breathe. You went complete 2 weeks ago. Here - have some tea. It's mint. You'll like it.

(edited because initially I just included way too much back story.)

Lolek

Postby Lolek » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:56 pm

Wow, this thread blew up since I posted yesterday afternoon.

Yeah nygrrrl I am FT. You're PT right? Either way, I think we made a good choice when we put that (but technically, it just worked out that way cause it's the truth haha). This tells them it's do or die and we're serious about going there and there only. Maybe it's played an influence in our waiting game since the 16th? I don't know...but here's what I do know:

People asking how long they should expect to wait for a decision and they filed anytime after 11/16 realize that there's a bunch of people who've been waiting since then so I'm not saying you'll have to wait as long but don't completely ignore the possibility that your decision won't be made for a long while.

tate033

Postby tate033 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:58 pm

OperaSoprano wrote: To the person above: tell Dean Brown you want to go part time, get in quickly due to killer GPA, prosper.

I'm in the same situation, but I really have no need to go pt. I just reeeeally want to get in! I would be ok with working/interning somewhere part time during the day, but how difficult is it to find a position that would actually give me meaningful experience and not look like i'm just doing busy work for a year?

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:00 pm

nygrrrl wrote:

LOL. Breathe. You went complete 2 weeks ago. Here - have some tea. It's mint. You'll like it.

LOL. As you wrote this, I actually went to make myself some tea. Lemon Zinger, anyone?

I might need something stronger as the wait goes on.

For all of you waiting since November, I don't know how you've done it.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:05 pm

jl2032 wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

LOL. As you wrote this, I actually went to make myself some tea. Lemon Zinger, anyone?

I might need something stronger as the wait goes on.

For all of you waiting since November, I don't know how you've done it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
(And in answer to your question, in my case? HUMOR)
Last edited by nygrrrl on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Lolek wrote:Wow, this thread blew up since I posted yesterday afternoon.

Yeah nygrrrl I am FT. You're PT right? Either way, I think we made a good choice when we put that (but technically, it just worked out that way cause it's the truth haha). This tells them it's do or die and we're serious about going there and there only. Maybe it's played an influence in our waiting game since the 16th? I don't know...but here's what I do know:

People asking how long they should expect to wait for a decision and they filed anytime after 11/16 realize that there's a bunch of people who've been waiting since then so I'm not saying you'll have to wait as long but don't completely ignore the possibility that your decision won't be made for a long while.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (And ya, went back and checked the thread so I realize you're FT. I don't know how we could express our interest in THIS program any more fully... but if I think of one, I'll let you know!)

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:40 pm

knfaklefneal nothing yet!!

based on LSN, it looks like a ton of acceptances come out through march and then the WL/rejections take over. i know fordham is very backed up this year so its delayed even more!

<3 to everyone waiting.

nimhnimh

Postby nimhnimh » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:33 pm

I stopped by the admissions office last week. The person at the front desk had a stack (and I mean a STACK!) of wait list forms acceptance forms (those forms you send in saying you want to remain on the waitlist). So it looks like the waitlist is huge.

OperaSoprano, does Fordham actually look at its wait list and take LOCIs into consideration?

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:14 pm

nimhnimh wrote:I stopped by the admissions office last week. The person at the front desk had a stack (and I mean a STACK!) of wait list forms acceptance forms (those forms you send in saying you want to remain on the waitlist). So it looks like the waitlist is huge.

OperaSoprano, does Fordham actually look at its wait list and take LOCIs into consideration?

yikes

beebs

Postby beebs » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:54 pm

Hey guys, best of luck to all those still waiting! I keep checking this thread to see if nygrrrl and goosey are in yet. Soon I hope!

Just wanted to say that I stopped by the admissions office today to meet with some folks, and there were application files literally everywhere. So don't worry, they are not there reading this thread and laughing at all the speculation, it looked like they are really hard at work getting them all processed.

Best of luck!

tamlyric

Postby tamlyric » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:02 pm

all right. come on, fordham! do the right thing and admit the lovely and gifted Nygrrrl.

i mean, srsly, fordham. let's get with the program. :wink:

sincerely, - tamlyric

p.s. please also start admitting the rest of these fine people. kthx bai.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:09 pm

BEEBS! TL!
You guys are so sweet.
We know they're working hard... (I'd be happy to come on over and help out...get coffee... maybe some bagels... :lol: )
As others have said, the amazing spirit of the Fordham Crew makes us want it, all the more!
Thanks so much for the support, you guys....
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: <3

nimhnimh

Postby nimhnimh » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:06 pm

Has anyone been accepted off of the waitlist yet?

Emma.

Postby Emma. » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:55 pm

tamlyric wrote:all right. come on, fordham! do the right thing and admit the lovely and gifted Nygrrrl.

i mean, srsly, fordham. let's get with the program. :wink:

sincerely, - tamlyric

p.s. please also start admitting the rest of these fine people. kthx bai.

+10,000

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:33 am

nimhnimh wrote:Has anyone been accepted off of the waitlist yet?

There have been a few, yes.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:54 am

In response to nimhnimh:

When I met with someone in the admissions office, I learned that Fordham places upwards of 400 people (definitely a STACK) on the waitlist, and might admit upwards of half these people. This is a result of a couple factors. First, many folks that receive an acceptance to Fordham end up going to Columbia, NYU, and other higher-ranking schools. Second, many folks that get accepted decide that the tuition and CoL is too high for Fordham, and opt to attend schools to which they've received bigger scholarships. Third, some folks just decide that Fordham is the wrong fit for them. Fourth, the same thing happens with some of the 400 folks on the waitlist: Some get better (subjective term, of course, because what's better than Fordham!?) offers, some take larger scholarship offers at similarly-ranked or lower-ranked schools, and some just decide that another school will provide them the experience they desire.

Basically, Fordham tries to attract as many high-numbered candidates as possible, and then fills the class appropriately as some of those candidates opt to attend other schools. From what I understand, this is called "law school admissions."

It's a game for them. It's a game for us. The rules of engagement are clear. Just stay positive!

SAE

Postby SAE » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:12 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

How much sense does it make, given that there is a TON of people who have not gotten decisions? Am I missing something?

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:14 am

ok its another day!! staying positive over here. good luck nyg, goosey, [strike]emrose[/strike], lolek, SAE and alllllll the other people waiting
Last edited by AlanShore on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

umichgrad

Postby umichgrad » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:18 am

Good luck everyone! Today's the day, for sure. Nygrrrl, I'm sending fordham cookies with my mind that have "let nygrrrl in!" all over them in swirly pink frosting, elle-woods style.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:19 am

SAE wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

How much sense does it make, given that there is a TON of people who have not gotten decisions? Am I missing something?

I don't know the reasoning, just that they did it.

tamlyric

Postby tamlyric » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:22 am

umichgrad wrote:Good luck everyone! Today's the day, for sure. Nygrrrl, I'm sending fordham cookies with my mind that have "let nygrrrl in!" all over them in swirly pink frosting, elle-woods style.

THIS. :mrgreen:

Emma.

Postby Emma. » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:22 am

AlanShore wrote:ok its another day!! staying positive over here. good luck nyg, goosey, emrose, lolek and alllllll the other people waiting

Awwww, thanks! I am not waiting though, just trying to offer my support to you guys... especially nygrrrl <3

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:24 am

umichgrad wrote:Good luck everyone! Today's the day, for sure. Nygrrrl, I'm sending fordham cookies with my mind that have "let nygrrrl in!" all over them in swirly pink frosting, elle-woods style.

roflmao - WHY didn't I think of that? THANK YOU, umichgrad!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hopeful thoughts for ALL of us, today.... ONCE MORE!!!

[edit: SAE - uuuuup... FLICK..dooown....uuuuuuup..FLICK..doooown}

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:49 am

Fordham is going to have to have a seperate "Nygrrrl/Goosey/AlanShore" acceptance weekend where everyone here shows up in celebration of their good news.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”