Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nygrrrl

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:21 am

LaurenGayle wrote:
+1 -- promise they aren't doing this on purpose!

I did hear Dean Brown say yesterday that they had admitted about 700 students so far. Based on previous years, that is probably about 1/3 of the total amount they will admit this year, so don't despair!

Good luck and I have my fingers crossed for you :-)

Thanks Lauren. I don't think that any of us who are still waiting believe Fordham Ad coms are "stringing us along" or anything like that -- some of us have a good idea of why we're in limbo, some do not, but I think we all understand the process of putting a class together and that this just takes time. We're just frustrated by the wait, is all! Thanks again for your support (and for those numbers - that's exactly where I figured they would be, this time of year - good to know!)

sjedood

Postby sjedood » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:50 am

nygrrrl wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:

I did hear Dean Brown say yesterday that they had admitted about 700 students so far. Based on previous years, that is probably about 1/3 of the total amount they will admit this year, so don't despair!

Thanks Lauren. I don't think that any of us who are still waiting believe Fordham Ad coms are "stringing us along" or anything like that -- some of us have a good idea of why we're in limbo, some do not, but I think we all understand the process of putting a class together and that this just takes time. We're just frustrated by the wait, is all! Thanks again for your support (and for those numbers - that's exactly where I figured they would be, this time of year - good to know!)

so then nygrrrl, where do you think i stand....my file went complete on dec. 9th...though they were waiting on my december lsat as well as my fall semester grades...

SAE

Postby SAE » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:21 am

sjedood wrote:so then nygrrrl, where do you think i stand....my file went complete on dec. 9th...though they were waiting on my december lsat as well as my fall semester grades...

Pretty much exactly the same place as I am.. (less the grades)

Let me know of any updates. 8)

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:23 am

sjedood wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:

so then nygrrrl, where do you think i stand....my file went complete on dec. 9th...though they were waiting on my december lsat as well as my fall semester grades...

Well, not knowing anything about your scores or your app (!), I'd have to say that you're in the pile of people being considered. My feeling is that those of us who were complete as of 11/16 have been evaluated and are - for whatever various reasons - in a holding pattern. December apps and onward? Beats me. Are you sure they've received your new grades? Best of luck - personally, I think I've been spoiled by hearing friends with ED/EA answers... and I've lost track of the fact that many, many schools are just barely beginning to make decisions! Hang in there, dood.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:57 am

Good Morning all.

Though I'm hoping for you all to hear good news, I was taking a look at LSN this morning and for last years cycle, it looks as though there were a ton a decisions going out starting at the very end of January and continuting every 2 weeks for about 3 days. The batches seem mixed. However, I'm not sure how reliable that is because it also shows a bunch of WLs and rejects during what would have been either last week or this week and it doesn't seem as though anyone has heard much of anything. But hopefully by the end of this week / early next week, you all will get some good news.

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:00 am

Today is a new day! The waiting continues.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:03 am

AlanShore wrote:Today is a new day! The waiting continues.

ONCE MORE unto the Breach, Dear Friends....
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:15 am

nygrrrl wrote:
AlanShore wrote:Today is a new day! The waiting continues.

ONCE MORE unto the Breach, Dear Friends....
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

<3

It's been a year and three days since I was waitlisted. How time flies. Fordham does have a pattern of WLing a lot this time of year, then admitting a bunch of people in May-July. The trick is getting the timing down so you won't have to waste a seat deposit elsewhere. I only just made it... Northeastern's was due on the day Fordham let me in, and Cardozo would have been due 12 days later.

The wait doesn't get easier, but I should tell you guys that waitlisted students can and do succeed academically. I've had a few conversations with friends, and their experiences were in line with my expectations... people who are living out their dream tend to put their hearts and souls into preparation, and sometimes that kind of concerted and researched effort pays off.

In my time here, it does seem that Fordham returned the love in many ways.

I wish you guys speedy and happy news!

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:20 am

So, I have a dumb question and hopefully this won't kill my anonymity (sp?).

So one of my LoRs got to LSAC super late, and I know Fordham doesn't request em, but I opted to have it sent there anyway. My status checker says complete, since they don't need any LoRs, and LSAC hasn't sent the letter to Fordham yet, so I called to ask if they were going to, and they said it was slated to head over there Feb 1. Granted, that's in a week, but it went out to all the other schools already EXCEPT Fordham, so I was wondering if that means they haven't looked at my file yet and have requested it for that date? Or if that's just LSAC doing its own thing on its own time. Just kinda curious if anyone knows.

Fordham's a super reach for me so I'm just stressing for fun pretty much.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:48 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:It's been a year and three days since I was waitlisted. How time flies.

How much do I love that you know the exact day? :lol:

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:53 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:It's been a year and three days since I was waitlisted. How time flies.

A year from now, when you are a Fordham student, you'll also look back on this time in wonder.

sjedood

Postby sjedood » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:54 pm

Does anyone have any insight as to the facility itself. The only school I have been to thus far is cardozo, and the building was very modern and well kept. One student I met there who was visiting as well told me Fordham looked like an "old highschool"...please tell me he was just exaggerating!

Thirteen

Postby Thirteen » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:55 pm

Anyone think it's too late to apply to Fordam for the PT program? I'm a low-GPA splitter (below 3.0), but my LSAT is above their median. I would consider going there, but don't want to waste 70 bucks if I have no shot.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:57 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

A year from now, when you are a Fordham student, you'll also look back on this time in wonder.

Yeah, when we're all drinking beers together next year, we won't even remember this 8)

umichgrad

Postby umichgrad » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:00 pm

Good luck today everybody!!!!

qbid250ks

Postby qbid250ks » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:07 pm

Hey guys,

I am in need of some advice!

I was waitlisted last semester (I applied EA for Fall 2010 admission). I have a 3.85 LSAC UGPA and (unfortunately) a 163 LSAT score. I've sent an LOCI, have talked to Deans, and have really expressed my strong interest in Fordham Law.

Is there anything else that you think I could do? I will be continuing (on a monthly basis) to express my continued interest, keep them informed on the legal research that I have recently been doing as an undergraduate. What more can be done? What do you think my chances are at being taken off the wait list, for either the part-time or full-time divisions?

Thanks in advance for your input! It is greatly appreciated!

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:10 pm

sjedood wrote:Does anyone have any insight as to the facility itself. The only school I have been to thus far is cardozo, and the building was very modern and well kept. One student I met there who was visiting as well told me Fordham looked like an "old highschool"...please tell me he was just exaggerating!

Haha, my own cycle twin geoanthem said that. I always thought Fordham was beautiful, and I still can't stand in the atrium without having this profound sense of happiness wash over me. We'll also be getting a new law building in the next couple of years.

To the person above: tell Dean Brown you want to go part time, get in quickly due to killer GPA, prosper.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:15 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:

<3

SAE

Postby SAE » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:15 pm

OperaSoprano wrote: We'll also be getting a new law building in the next couple of years.

Any concrete information on the this? Timing, location, etc.? I saw a blurb on this on the website, which contained a computer generated image and nothing specific..

EDIT: nm the location part. I just went back and to the page and saw the virtual tour. Still want to know WHEN.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:20 pm

SAE wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote: We'll also be getting a new law building in the next couple of years.

Any concrete information on the this? Timing, location, etc.? I saw a blurb on this on the website, which contained a computer generated image and nothing specific..

EDIT: nm the location part. I just went back and to the page and saw the virtual tour. Still want to know WHEN.

Can't.... respond.... hypnotized by .... TAR.....

SAE

Postby SAE » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:22 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
SAE wrote:

lol

Did more research. From Wikipedia (fwiw):

As part of the university's Lincoln Center Master Plan, unveiled in 2005, a new law school building will be completed some time around 2011. The new law school building is part of the university's Phase 1 redevelopment of its Lincoln Center Campus.

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:23 pm

The wait is killing me already and I only went complete 1/12... I'm in for a long wait I guess :(

I need to go part time and stay in the city so Fordham is like my only option (the only one I could live with anyway)

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:24 pm

SAE wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
SAE wrote:

lol

Did more research. From Wikipedia (fwiw):

As part of the university's Lincoln Center Master Plan, unveiled in 2005, a new law school building will be completed some time around 2011. The new law school building is part of the university's Phase 1 redevelopment of its Lincoln Center Campus.

It's the way the trunk FLICKS, at the end...

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:25 pm

jl2032 wrote:The wait is killing me already and I only went complete 1/12... I'm in for a long wait I guess :(

I need to go part time and stay in the city so Fordham is like my only option (the only one I could live with anyway)

Welcome to our Waiting Thread! C'mon in! Settle into a comfy chair.... would you like some popcorn? Maybe a soda?

edited for spelling fail

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:36 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
jl2032 wrote:The wait is killing me already and I only went complete 1/12... I'm in for a long wait I guess :(

Welcome to our Waiting Thread! C'mon in! Settle into a comfy chair.... would you like some popcorn? Maybe a soda?

edited for spelling fail

Thanks, I guess I could stay for a little bit... should get back to work eventually.

I'm worried about what someone else said about YP. I'm a splitter so maybe it doesn't apply to me, but 172 for PT seems high. Should I send some kind of LOCI even if I haven't heard anything yet?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”