Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Cardboardbox

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Cardboardbox » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:19 pm

Stellar wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:So I didn't bring lunch with me today to the office...someone's perfect sandwich is lying in the fridge (whole wheat bread included! I love whole wheat). I'm so tempted to eat it :twisted:

Don't do it! (Think of the addendum you'd have to send Fordham!)

"Dear Members of the Admissions Committee,

While I was working at XXXXX I had a lapse of moral judgement and ate a co-worker's sandwich. I understand the dubiousness of my character that my actions now bring up, however, know that I have learned from my experience and have grown to become a better (and fuller) person.

Sincerely,
Hungry Applicant"

Seriously though, as a guy with a huge appetite, I wouldn't stoop that low, I know I wouldn't want anyone eating my lunch XD

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:23 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:
Stellar wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:So I didn't bring lunch with me today to the office...someone's perfect sandwich is lying in the fridge (whole wheat bread included! I love whole wheat). I'm so tempted to eat it :twisted:

Don't do it! (Think of the addendum you'd have to send Fordham!)

"Dear Members of the Admissions Committee,

While I was working at XXXXX I had a lapse of moral judgement and ate a co-worker's sandwich. I understand the dubiousness of my character that my actions now bring up, however, know that I have learned from my experience and have grown to become a better (and fuller) person.

Sincerely,
Hungry Applicant"

Seriously though, as a guy with a huge appetite, I wouldn't stoop that low, I know I wouldn't want anyone eating my lunch XD

"YOU ATE MY SAAAAANDWICH??? YOU...ATE....MY....SAAAAAAAAAANDWICH?
-Ross

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUtP03kUnTA

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:39 pm

If we're referring to Friends (I can't see YouTube at work), which I'm assuming we are because I don't know anyone named Ross...ever in my life, also regarding sandwiches, my personal favorite moment was when he was describing his frist threesome. It was kind of boring...he had time to get up and make a sandwich. I forget the line and I can't look that up either because I'm at work, but that line was hillarious.

Further: I'm aware that brought nothing to the table, just wanted to share that with you guys as I twiddle my thumbs and wait.

paminator

Postby paminator » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:48 pm

(1) SAE's avatar is kinda awesome. By kinda, I mean beyond.

(2) Checking my application status is so autopilot by now I barely look at the status...I'm probably going to miss when it's actually updated!

Boro88

Postby Boro88 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:23 pm

paminator wrote:(1) SAE's avatar is kinda awesome. By kinda, I mean beyond.

(2) Checking my application status is so autopilot by now I barely look at the status...I'm probably going to miss when it's actually updated!

I know what you mean. I feel like I don't even glance at it. I actually went through my status checks twice before I noticed a change updated from yesterday.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:35 pm

Wait - one day, they'll CHANGE??

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:03 pm

nygrrrl wrote:Wait - one day, they'll CHANGE??

When you least expect it...

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:12 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:Wait - one day, they'll CHANGE??

When you least expect it...

NOOOO!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

vanstone22

Postby vanstone22 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:23 pm

applied 12/28, any chance i will hear back before feb?

side note- just crushed a pb&j and I could use another.

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:24 pm

vanstone22 wrote:applied 12/28, any chance i will hear back before feb?

Did you toast the bread first?

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:33 pm

vanstone22 wrote:applied 12/28, any chance i will hear back before feb?

:lol:

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:28 pm

what's this? Admitted students day coming up tomorrow and Fordham thread on the second page? Now we all know that's not ok :mrgreen:

so, who's gonna be there???? I know I am!!

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:52 pm

Tag.

168 3.87 complete 1/12

ryguy

Postby ryguy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:58 pm

Official waitlist letter received...169/3.42. Not sure why.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:55 pm

SanBun wrote:what's this? Admitted students day coming up tomorrow and Fordham thread on the second page? Now we all know that's not ok :mrgreen:

so, who's gonna be there???? I know I am!!

Not us, SanBun - we are The Ones Who Still Wait.
But I think a lot of people are going - check out Beeb's Fordham Class of 2013/2014 thread! - have a great time.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:07 pm

ryguy wrote:Official waitlist letter received...169/3.42. Not sure why.

Welcome to the "I have no idea how or why I'm waitlisted" club. I sent in an LOCI and will be visiting the school on Wednesday. Not sure what sent Fordham into a WL frenzy this year.

TWoodWil

Postby TWoodWil » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:09 pm

Waitlist mailing came in today. Considering that my Washington and Lee acceptance came at the same time, I don't think I'll be pursuing the Fordham waitlist.

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:52 pm

ryguy wrote:Official waitlist letter received...169/3.42. Not sure why.

yikes sorry. fordham is being crazy. did your status checker change as well or did you jsut get a WL in the mail?

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:00 pm

Hello all.

I went complete at Fordham on 12/9/09 and I have been following the conversation here for the past few pages.

There are people who seem to think that holding us out for so long (without even going under review yet) is a good thing.

I would just like to say I really hope so... my numbers are okay (163/ 3.8 ) but I think everything else is strong.

So I'm really hoping that you guys are right and that they're holding us for good reasons.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:24 pm

cherryalamode wrote:Hello all.

I went complete at Fordham on 12/9/09 and I have been following the conversation here for the past few pages.

There are people who seem to think that holding us out for so long (without even going under review yet) is a good thing.

I would just like to say I really hope so... my numbers are okay (163/ 3.8 ) but I think everything else is strong.

So I'm really hoping that you guys are right and that they're holding us for good reasons.

One thing that I think bears pointing out is that Fordham doesn't have an "Under Review" status. Basically, if you're complete, you ARE Under Review. One day, your status changer will just.... change. (So they tell me! :lol: ) I have been complete since 11/16. Fordham is notorious for taking a long time to make decisions and put together a class; I'm sure this year is more difficult for them, what with the late start and the increase in applicants. Hang in there!

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:29 pm

from all the weird WL it seems to me like fordham is trying to stick very close to their medians. theyve WL a lot of very solid splitters and i think its because they really want to stay within a specific range. for example, they are more likely to take a 166 3.7 over a 170 3.4 even though a 3.4 is still very good.. any thoughts?

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:42 pm

AlanShore wrote:from all the weird WL it seems to me like fordham is trying to stick very close to their medians. theyve WL a lot of very solid splitters and i think its because they really want to stay within a specific range. for example, they are more likely to take a 166 3.7 over a 170 3.4 even though a 3.4 is still very good.. any thoughts?

Considering I'm a high gpa splitter, I hope you're right :D

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:43 pm

AlanShore wrote:from all the weird WL it seems to me like fordham is trying to stick very close to their medians. theyve WL a lot of very solid splitters and i think its because they really want to stay within a specific range. for example, they are more likely to take a 166 3.7 over a 170 3.4 even though a 3.4 is still very good.. any thoughts?

I think a lot of it is that they're also trying to protect their yield. The 166/3.7 is much more likely to actually attend Fordham than the 170/3.4, because the latter will likely get into a T14 or two, and probably money at some T20s.

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:45 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:

I think a lot of it is that they're also trying to protect their yield. The 166/3.7 is much more likely to actually attend Fordham than the 170/3.4, because the latter will likely get into a T14 or two, and probably money at some T20s.

yep i agree. well, i hope we are right. i am not a splitter..

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:58 pm

AlanShore wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:

yep i agree. well, i hope we are right. i am not a splitter..

I am, and I am on the WL. :cry: I do have some $$ offers from some other schools though, but NYC really really really appeals to me, so I was rather disappointed. Visiting in a few weeks, hoping that will help.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”