Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TripleK

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby TripleK » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:13 am

Cardboardbox wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
AlanShore wrote:
mayosmith wrote:Anyone else going to admitted student day in a few weeks? Just got the email.

I would LOVE to go if they ACCEPTED ME.

lol + a zillion

I third that! I too am hoping that a wave of acceptances are to come leading up to ASD. And am glad to know that I'm not the only one who went complete 11/16 FT and is waiting.

+1

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:25 am

good morning all. hope fordham sends out A LOT of good news today!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:26 am

Cardboardbox wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
AlanShore wrote:
mayosmith wrote:Anyone else going to admitted student day in a few weeks? Just got the email.

I would LOVE to go if they ACCEPTED ME.

lol + a zillion

I third that! I too am hoping that a wave of acceptances are to come leading up to ASD. And am glad to know that I'm not the only one who went complete 11/16 FT and is waiting.

I'm actually 11/16 PT, but same boat. I'm expected a lot of movement, this week....

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:26 am

AlanShore wrote:good morning all. hope fordham sends out A LOT of good news today!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Good morning, AlanShore! What you said, + 100000000000000000000

SAE

Postby SAE » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:27 am

AlanShore wrote:good morning all. hope fordham sends out A LOT of good news today!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm still complete since 12/3. No updates for December LSAT..

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:51 am

*waiting*

something tells me theyre not going to look at my file again until april.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:56 am

goosey wrote:*waiting*

As long as they keep looking at it, you're still good. How's the LSAT prep going?

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:59 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
goosey wrote:*waiting*

As long as they keep looking at it, you're still good. How's the LSAT prep going?

pretty good. I'm feeling much better with the games now--just gonna keep at it. I hope they dont reject me before scores come out haha.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:02 pm

I actually liked the games. It's weird how people either hate them or love them. If you asked them to hold your file for the feb scores, hopefully they won't make (a negative) decision about it.

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:52 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:I actually liked the games. It's weird how people either hate them or love them. If you asked them to hold your file for the feb scores, hopefully they won't make (a negative) decision about it.

I like the games---my poor performance is a result of freezing up during the real thing. I know how to attack them, but for some reason, on game day I freeze up at a single rule and then it throws me off. usually the 3rd game. june it was dinos, sept it was planes. Also, games with very few rules used to get to me and I just now realized those are probably the easiest games. I think its all a matter of it clicking and being comortable.

Yeah, I am probably going to visit the Monday after the lsat and tell them I just retook.

Do you guys think I should update my transcripts? My lsac gpa is pathetic (sub 3) and I was told by not just fordham, but william & mary as well, that the concern is whether or not I will be able to do the work. My Fall gpa 3.3 (3 A-, 1 B+, 1 C+)--Im worried it might hurt, rather than help, me--even though it will bring my lsac gpa up. But I have a gpa addendum explaining the period of crappy grades and the usual "I had an epiphany and realized the value of education"--my fear is that they see fall grades and think "ok, even after her epiphany she still only got a 3.3" or will they look at the coursework (all 400 level phil classes) and think that a 3.3 in 400-level phil classes shows potential.

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:54 pm

goosey wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:I actually liked the games. It's weird how people either hate them or love them. If you asked them to hold your file for the feb scores, hopefully they won't make (a negative) decision about it.

I like the games---my poor performance is a result of freezing up during the real thing. I know how to attack them, but for some reason, on game day I freeze up at a single rule and then it throws me off. usually the 3rd game. june it was dinos, sept it was planes. Also, games with very few rules used to get to me and I just now realized those are probably the easiest games. I think its all a matter of it clicking and being comortable.

Yeah, I am probably going to visit the Monday after the lsat and tell them I just retook.

Do you guys think I should update my transcripts? My lsac gpa is pathetic (sub 3) and I was told by not just fordham, but william & mary as well, that the concern is whether or not I will be able to do the work. My Fall gpa 3.3 (3 A-, 1 B+, 1 C+)--Im worried it might hurt, rather than help, me--even though it will bring my lsac gpa up. But I have a gpa addendum explaining the period of crappy grades and the usual "I had an epiphany and realized the value of education"--my fear is that they see fall grades and think "ok, even after her epiphany she still only got a 3.3" or will they look at the coursework (all 400 level phil classes) and think that a 3.3 in 400-level phil classes shows potential.

what was the C+ in?

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:55 pm

AlanShore wrote:
goosey wrote:

what was the C+ in?

advanced topics in philosophy--its a 420 class

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:55 pm

I would think anything that is above your lsac gpa would help.

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:56 pm

goosey wrote:

Honestly, unless it makes your LSDAS go up significantly, I really wouldn't update, especially if you wrote an addendum about an upward trend.

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:57 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
SanBun wrote:i'll certainly be at the ASD, maybe i'll meet some of you :)

Sure hope I'll be joining you!
Welcome back, SanBun - hope your holidays were nice!

Thanks, hope yours were good too! my holidays were great and super relaxing, now it's back to obsessing about decisions and my uncertain future LOL

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:59 pm

hmm this is tough goosey! i'm not sure what i would do in your position. i think i wouldn't update.. H.E. is right that if it's above your gpa it would help.. but the schools have said that they are worried you won't perform well in LS. A 3.3 and especially a C+ (even though I'm sure it was a super tough class) probably won't help your case much.

let us know what you decide! what were your other classes?

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:07 pm

AlanShore wrote:hmm this is tough goosey! i'm not sure what i would do in your position. i think i wouldn't update.. H.E. is right that if it's above your gpa it would help.. but the schools have said that they are worried you won't perform well in LS. A 3.3 and especially a C+ (even though I'm sure it was a super tough class) probably won't help your case much.

yeah thats my concern as well. and it really only changes the number in the hundredths place. not even a tenth up. and I think sub 3 gpa's arent all that different, especially something like a 2.85 to 2.88, etc--maybe a 2.5 to a 2.8 would matter, but probably not that significantly even so.

the rest were..senior seminar for phil majors, phil of science, etc.

William & Mary specifically asked for fall grades so I will have to send them in, but for Fordham, I might just let it slide. damn c+

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:10 pm

goosey wrote:
AlanShore wrote:hmm this is tough goosey! i'm not sure what i would do in your position. i think i wouldn't update.. H.E. is right that if it's above your gpa it would help.. but the schools have said that they are worried you won't perform well in LS. A 3.3 and especially a C+ (even though I'm sure it was a super tough class) probably won't help your case much.

yeah thats my concern as well. and it really only changes the number in the hundredths place. not even a tenth up. and I think sub 3 gpa's arent all that different, especially something like a 2.85 to 2.88, etc--maybe a 2.5 to a 2.8 would matter, but probably not that significantly even so.

the rest were..senior seminar for phil majors, phil of science, etc.

William & Mary specifically asked for fall grades so I will have to send them in, but for Fordham, I might just let it slide. damn c+

yeah i'd say to play it safe for now. killing the lsat will help more than an increase in the hundredths!

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:24 pm

AlanShore wrote:yeah i'd say to play it safe for now. killing the lsat will help more than an increase in the hundredths!

thanks for the advice. will do.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:53 pm

SanBun wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

Thanks, hope yours were good too! my holidays were great and super relaxing, now it's back to obsessing about decisions and my uncertain future LOL

LOL - totally.

edit: which reminds me. It's been at least an hour since the last Status Check. Gotta go... !

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:08 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
SanBun wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

LOL - totally.

edit: which reminds me. It's been at least an hour since the last Status Check. Gotta go... !

:mrgreen:

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:39 pm

Just checked status, WL :cry:

Well, no time to give up! Time to send a LOCI and pay a visit I guess!

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:48 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:Just checked status, WL :cry:

oh shit they put decisions in the status checker? when did you go complete? thanks and gluck! and stats if you don't mind?

TripleK

Postby TripleK » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:51 pm

Current Status: Your application is complete
Current Status Date: 11/16/2009
Decision Status: Your file has been been waitlisted
Decision Status Date: 1/11/2010

Well, looks like im pretty much out of the running.

Anyone know how deep Fordham typically goes into their waitlist?

Good luck everyone else.

Sucks. Great GPA but LSAT score was lacking.
Last edited by TripleK on Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:52 pm

MissLucky wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:Just checked status, WL :cry:

oh shit they put decisions in the status checker? when did you go complete? thanks and gluck! and stats if you don't mind?

11/16

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”