Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
painsinmysides

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby painsinmysides » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:53 pm

What are people's opinions of school choice between BU and Fordham and USC? Assume scholarships are not an issue...

DrGuano

Postby DrGuano » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:56 pm

Got the same question looming for me Pain. I'm still holding out hope for a few better schools (Cornell, Berkeley, UCLA, Mich, Duke) but odds are those will be my best options.

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:20 pm

painsinmysides wrote:What are people's opinions of school choice between BU and Fordham and USC? Assume scholarships are not an issue...

most would say base the choice on your desired city of practice.

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:57 pm

hi fordham friends. i posted this on another thread but not sure if anyone will answer-- what do you guys think?

So I got a 3.9 this semester but I have one W this sem as well (this is my first W). It is nonpunitive.

It raises my gpa from a 3.5 something to a 3.6. before this semester's grades, for fordham i am 75th lsat and above 25th. this would put my closer to median gpa. also i feel like a 3.6 just sounds better than 3.5 something? Should I send an update of my transcript since my gpa is now boosted up a bit even though I have a W?

dms87

Postby dms87 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:13 pm

Hey, just updating I got a letter from Fordham today.
I was EA, FT, accepted on 12/14.
Got a merit scholarship offer of $20,000/yr renewable automatically for the 3 years along with the acceptance letter.

roguetester

Postby roguetester » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:21 pm

AlanShore wrote:hi fordham friends. i posted this on another thread but not sure if anyone will answer-- what do you guys think?

So I got a 3.9 this semester but I have one W this sem as well (this is my first W). It is nonpunitive.

It raises my gpa from a 3.5 something to a 3.6. before this semester's grades, for fordham i am 75th lsat and above 25th. this would put my closer to median gpa. also i feel like a 3.6 just sounds better than 3.5 something? Should I send an update of my transcript since my gpa is now boosted up a bit even though I have a W?

I would submit the updated transcript - in my head, one W is minimal with respect to a GPA boost/evidence of a strong semester.

Sig218

Postby Sig218 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:24 pm

goodolgil wrote:I just got the scholarship letter in the mail, and I seriously can't tell if they mean the money is per year or over three years ($25,000) because of the way the letter is phrased ("it will be renewed automatically each year, etc...). I'm assuming it's over three years, which is a bummer.

Called the office today. The person was really nice and helpful. She said it was for each year, not a one time offer over three years.

kmen

Postby kmen » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:53 pm

DrGuano wrote:Anyone know how long it takes to get the formal letter after you receive an acceptance email?

I got mine two weeks ago today and still no letter/package.

Same with me I got in 12/8 and still no letter. I am going to wait till the later in the week to call and check on it. I assume that Holiday mail craziness is in effect so I guess that we just have to wait. I am in Arlington, Virginia.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:20 pm

dms87 wrote:Hey, just updating I got a letter from Fordham today.
Got a merit scholarship offer of $20,000/yr renewable automatically for the 3 years along with the acceptance letter.

We have the exact same numbers. I applied RD, how long ago did you apply? Thanks.

roguetester

Postby roguetester » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:27 pm

kmen wrote:
DrGuano wrote:Anyone know how long it takes to get the formal letter after you receive an acceptance email?

Same with me I got in 12/8 and still no letter. I am going to wait till the later in the week to call and check on it. I assume that Holiday mail craziness is in effect so I guess that we just have to wait. I am in Arlington, Virginia.

Check your status checker to see if it shows an "Acceptance Letter Mailed" date.

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:31 pm

I could most certainly just be insane by this point, but I think my status checker page changed (*deja vu of waiting for lsat scores*)

I dont remember seeing a mailings section, and it randomly appeared and has under it the date my complete email was sent. :?:

kmen

Postby kmen » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:46 pm

roguetester wrote:
kmen wrote:

Check your status checker to see if it shows an "Acceptance Letter Mailed" date.

Thanks, it is now updated to letter mailed 12/17. I guess since it didn't update at all the first week I assumed that it wasn't going to be updated. Is it common that they hold off on sending the acceptance letter for that long?

dms87

Postby dms87 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:28 pm

Kim617 wrote:
dms87 wrote:Hey, just updating I got a letter from Fordham today.

We have the exact same numbers. I applied RD, how long ago did you apply? Thanks.

I applied 11/1, early action. They guaranteed me an answer by December 15th. Good luck to you!

akw009

Postby akw009 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:51 pm

mannn you all have high numbers..im really banking on either getting a decent score in the next few days or begging and pleading for PT!!

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:16 am

kmen wrote:
roguetester wrote:
kmen wrote:

Thanks, it is now updated to letter mailed 12/17. I guess since it didn't update at all the first week I assumed that it wasn't going to be updated. Is it common that they hold off on sending the acceptance letter for that long?

+1. I'm surprised I haven't received it yet, since I'm in NYC... Hopefully tomorrow, with $$$ attached. :D

goodolgil

Postby goodolgil » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Sig218 wrote:
goodolgil wrote:I just got the scholarship letter in the mail, and I seriously can't tell if they mean the money is per year or over three years ($25,000) because of the way the letter is phrased ("it will be renewed automatically each year, etc...). I'm assuming it's over three years, which is a bummer.

Called the office today. The person was really nice and helpful. She said it was for each year, not a one time offer over three years.

Yeah, I called too. Wow, $75,000 is a lot of money (especially with no strings attached)--I had heard Fordham is pretty stingy. They are definitely in the mix for me now.

beckstar

Postby beckstar » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:50 pm

did you guys receive scholly info with the acceptance letter?

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:50 pm

goodolgil wrote:
Sig218 wrote:

Yeah, I called too. Wow, $75,000 is a lot of money (especially with no strings attached)--I had heard Fordham is pretty stingy. They are definitely in the mix for me now.

:shock: HOLY CRAP!!! 75k is a really great scholarship! Congratulations, guys!!

goodolgil

Postby goodolgil » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:12 pm

beckstar wrote:did you guys receive scholly info with the acceptance letter?

A couple weeks later, but it seems based on what's been said that they might be coming with the accept letters now. Not sure though.

goosey

Postby goosey » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:16 pm

I guess its going to be pretty quiet until after New Years, at which point...all hell will break loose.

js87

Postby js87 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:56 pm

Just got a merit scholarship letter! 20k a year, pretty cool. It's a real coup because last year I was waitlisted and rejected. It's amazing what an LSAT retake can do.

kmen

Postby kmen » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:51 pm

goodolgil wrote:

A couple weeks later, but it seems based on what's been said that they might be coming with the accept letters now. Not sure though.

I just got my acceptance letter today and it came with a 10k scholarship in the same letter.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:22 am

kmen wrote:
goodolgil wrote:

I just got my acceptance letter today and it came with a 10k scholarship in the same letter.

STILL no letter. And I'm in Queens. WTF? I REALLY hope they gave me money.

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:23 am

goosey wrote:I guess its going to be pretty quiet until after New Years, at which point...all hell will break loose.

do they put out a lot of decisions in january?

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:24 am

danidancer wrote:
kmen wrote:
goodolgil wrote:

STILL no letter. And I'm in Queens. WTF? I REALLY hope they gave me money.

your numbers are pretty solid but i didnt think they give money to anyone unless their numbers are VERY high

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”