Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:06 pm

ccs1702 wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
ccs1702 wrote:It's getting hot in here. Maybe we should take off all our clothes.

Oooo -- CCS! I like the way you think! SAUNA!


Just sayin'. There's no way to break the ice like getting naked and sweating a little.

+1

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:07 pm

monkey85 wrote:
ccs1702 wrote:It's getting hot in here. Maybe we should take off all our clothes.


Ha ha. CCS, it's even funnier thinking about it coming from the mouth of Megaman (avatar).

Hee hee - now I have a crazy voice in my head!

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SanBun » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:10 pm

nygrrrl wrote:LOL - it's really not about my taste. What you posted was very incendiary and really, not at all what you'd expect on a forum full of people who presumably want to attend the school in question.
Yes, you have complained quite a bit about the school and I understand how that could come from insecurity... but really, I still don't understand.
You want to go to Paris - gotcha (that DOES sound cool!)
But why do you want to go to Fordham?
(Also, I have to say: when you KNOW there are many people here - people you have said you like and trust - waiting and hoping to get into Fordham, to post what you did is rather unkind. Probably should be expected on a forum of this sort and god knows, I'm not one to stifle anyone's freedom of speech, but hey - c'mon. Do you really have to throw chum in the water when the last of the EAs are tense enough, as it is?)

Edit: for the record? Saw your stealth edit there.


I think you're pushing a bit far by calling me "unkind". If you don't like the post, you have every right to ignore it. I believe that for the people accepted, I was bringing up a concern very legitimate in these economic times and potentially important for people when choosing a school. Again, it was all hearsay, and I wanted to see what everyone else thinks. That issue is important to prospective students, but again you're free to ignore it if it doesn't interest you. I've complained about the slowness of the school, and not about it's academic programs, students, professors or any other integral part. I shared the sentiment of about every single person waiting at the time I posted these 'negative' comments, and I'm sorry if that kind of expression of general sentiment offends you. Frankly, I think when you say "you've complained quite a bit about the school", you're singling me out from among probably 30 people on this board who shared an opinion about the slowness of the process, and I don't appreciate it. I m still somewhat in disbelief I wasn't clear enough but: I want to go to Fordham because it offers an academic program that is unique and one I am set on pursuing. (Edit: I want to pursue their concentration in EU law. That, to me, is a big part of Fordham and a darn good reason to attend)

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:16 pm

I can see both perspectives! I don't think SanBun was trying to hurt any feelings or cause any problems.. in fact on her LSN profile (don't mean to stalk haha) she was really excited and happy to get into fordham. that being said, i can see how some people might be annoyed by her comment since this thread is obsessed about fordham.

LETS MAKE PEACE. I love this thread because it is one of the only threads where i'm not scared of being attacked or starting an argument! <3 to you all

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:19 pm

SanBun wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:LOL - it's really not about my taste. What you posted was very incendiary and really, not at all what you'd expect on a forum full of people who presumably want to attend the school in question.
Yes, you have complained quite a bit about the school and I understand how that could come from insecurity... but really, I still don't understand.
You want to go to Paris - gotcha (that DOES sound cool!)
But why do you want to go to Fordham?
(Also, I have to say: when you KNOW there are many people here - people you have said you like and trust - waiting and hoping to get into Fordham, to post what you did is rather unkind. Probably should be expected on a forum of this sort and god knows, I'm not one to stifle anyone's freedom of speech, but hey - c'mon. Do you really have to throw chum in the water when the last of the EAs are tense enough, as it is?)

Edit: for the record? Saw your stealth edit there.


I think you're pushing a bit far by calling me "unkind". If you don't like the post, you have every right to ignore it. I believe that for the people accepted, I was bringing up a concern very legitimate in these economic times and potentially important for people when choosing a school. Again, it was all hearsay, and I wanted to see what everyone else thinks. That issue is important to prospective students, but again you're free to ignore it if it doesn't interest you. I've complained about the slowness of the school, and not about it's academic programs, students, professors or any other integral part. I shared the sentiment of about every single person waiting at the time I posted these 'negative' comments, and I'm sorry if that kind of expression of general sentiment offends you. Frankly, I think when you say "you've complained quite a bit about the school", you're singling me out from among probably 30 people on this board who shared an opinion about the slowness of the process, and I don't appreciate it. I m still somewhat in disbelief I wasn't clear enough but: I want to go to Fordham because it offers an academic program that is unique and one I am set on pursuing. (Edit: I want to pursue their concentration in EU law. That, to me, is a big part of Fordham and a darn good reason to attend)


Well SanBun, I'm terribly sorry that you are offended and in disbelief. I was rather in disbelief that you would post what you did (especially in this particular forum) but I guess that just means that you and I will have to go our separate ways, not understanding one another. Good luck to you!

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SanBun » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:22 pm

nygrrrl wrote:Well SanBun, I'm terribly sorry that you are offended and in disbelief. I was rather in disbelief that you would post what you did (especially in this particular forum) but I guess that just means that you and I will have to go our separate ways, not understanding one another. Good luck to you!



wow, you come off as rather confrontational. This is the first time I've been attacked about a genuine concern I posted. EDIT: I guess if you are that set on not actually responding to me refuting every single point, that's your choice.
Last edited by SanBun on Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:23 pm

SanBun wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:Well SanBun, I'm terribly sorry that you are offended and in disbelief. I was rather in disbelief that you would post what you did (especially in this particular forum) but I guess that just means that you and I will have to go our separate ways, not understanding one another. Good luck to you!



wow, you come off as rather confrontational. This is the first time I've been attacked about a genuine concern I posted.

Best of luck to you, SanBun. Really.

User avatar
Zapatero
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Zapatero » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:26 pm

So, how 'bout that Payton Manning? Doing pretty well this year....

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SanBun » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:27 pm

ccs1702 wrote:So, how 'bout that Payton Manning? Doing pretty well this year....


THANK you! A break from all the negative vibes! I'd agree about Payton Manning.. Anyone else?

User avatar
lawgirl99
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby lawgirl99 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:28 pm

CCS- you make me laugh out loud at my office. now people think I'm crazy and deluded.

keep up the good work though! :wink:

User avatar
monkey85
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby monkey85 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:29 pm

SanBun wrote:ccs1702 wrote:
So, how 'bout that Payton Manning? Doing pretty well this year....


THANK you! A break from all the negative vibes! I'd agree about Payton Manning.. Anyone else?


He gave a speech at my undergrad and it was awesome. Fordham Law should definitely invite him to speak during the year!

User avatar
kmen
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:04 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby kmen » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:33 pm

SanBun wrote:
ccs1702 wrote:So, how 'bout that Payton Manning? Doing pretty well this year....


THANK you! A break from all the negative vibes! I'd agree about Payton Manning.. Anyone else?


+18

User avatar
clem21
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:36 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby clem21 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:34 pm

monkey85 wrote:
SanBun wrote:ccs1702 wrote:
So, how 'bout that Payton Manning? Doing pretty well this year....


THANK you! A break from all the negative vibes! I'd agree about Payton Manning.. Anyone else?


He gave a speech at my undergrad and it was awesome. Fordham Law should definitely invite him to speak during the year!

I'd invite Eli instead...

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:44 pm

clem21 wrote:
monkey85 wrote:
SanBun wrote:ccs1702 wrote:
So, how 'bout that Payton Manning? Doing pretty well this year....


THANK you! A break from all the negative vibes! I'd agree about Payton Manning.. Anyone else?


He gave a speech at my undergrad and it was awesome. Fordham Law should definitely invite him to speak during the year!

I'd invite Eli instead...


-1,000,000 (sorry Clem). Not that I have lots of great things to say about my QB (Roethlisberger, for the record) right now, but I could never be an Eli fan. At least Peyton is likeable.

Edit: This is a long-standing dislike, since he whined about where he was going to be drafted. Couldn't get behind him after that, but I did go to the parade when they won the superbowl (because Brady/The Patriots in general are way worse).
Last edited by LaurenGayle on Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:51 pm

::waves white flag::

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:12 pm

AlanShore wrote:::waves white flag::

I'm with you, Alan. *turns off lights. closes door, softly.*

User avatar
ATOIsp07
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:53 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby ATOIsp07 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:53 pm

this shit's killing me!

sent: 11/17
complete: 12/2

should i surrender already?

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:04 pm

ATOIsp07 wrote:this shit's killing me!

sent: 11/17
complete: 12/2

should i surrender already?

what??? you have a long while, sorry! i sent 11/14 but complete 11/16..... and a lot of people sent earlier than i did and haven't heard back! sit tight!

knows11
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:58 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby knows11 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:05 pm

clem21 wrote:
monkey85 wrote:
SanBun wrote:ccs1702 wrote:
So, how 'bout that Payton Manning? Doing pretty well this year....


THANK you! A break from all the negative vibes! I'd agree about Payton Manning.. Anyone else?


He gave a speech at my undergrad and it was awesome. Fordham Law should definitely invite him to speak during the year!

I'd invite Eli instead...


I am a big Eli fan when he is on the field, but I don't know if I would want to hear him speak; I'd much rather here Peyton speak, if Fordham could get either one of them to speak, I would give them major props.

User avatar
cunni1775
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:06 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby cunni1775 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:14 pm

If Fordham got Peyton or Eli to speak, I would consider not attending. :D Pats for life!

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby goosey » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:58 pm

ATOIsp07 wrote:this shit's killing me!

sent: 11/17
complete: 12/2

should i surrender already?



sent 10/20!! sit tight, buddy :)

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:01 am

i have pretty much median numbers.. a tiny tiny bit better than median. and the way i see it, the longer i stay at "complete", the better it is!

User avatar
clem21
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:36 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby clem21 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:20 am

LaurenGayle wrote:
clem21 wrote:
monkey85 wrote:
SanBun wrote:ccs1702 wrote:
So, how 'bout that Payton Manning? Doing pretty well this year....


THANK you! A break from all the negative vibes! I'd agree about Payton Manning.. Anyone else?


He gave a speech at my undergrad and it was awesome. Fordham Law should definitely invite him to speak during the year!

I'd invite Eli instead...


-1,000,000 (sorry Clem). Not that I have lots of great things to say about my QB (Roethlisberger, for the record) right now, but I could never be an Eli fan. At least Peyton is likeable.

Edit: This is a long-standing dislike, since he whined about where he was going to be drafted. Couldn't get behind him after that, but I did go to the parade when they won the superbowl (because Brady/The Patriots in general are way worse).

While I admire the fact that you are a female football fan (My ex-girlfriend's knowledge did not extend beyond "Oh no those guys in tight pants hugging each other again?!") you could not be more wrong in this case. San Diego was a miserable team with an O-Line that Eli would've been killed behind if he started his first year. Vets request trades all the time and get no flak. Just b/c he was a rookie can you blame the guy for not wanting to start his career in a potentially disastrous situation? And I know he doesn't speak that often but when he does he's actually pretty funny and likable.

In conclusion, I appreciate female football fans and Tony Romo sucks.

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Emma. » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:57 am

nygrrrl wrote:
SanBun wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:LOL - it's really not about my taste. What you posted was very incendiary and really, not at all what you'd expect on a forum full of people who presumably want to attend the school in question.
Yes, you have complained quite a bit about the school and I understand how that could come from insecurity... but really, I still don't understand.
You want to go to Paris - gotcha (that DOES sound cool!)
But why do you want to go to Fordham?
(Also, I have to say: when you KNOW there are many people here - people you have said you like and trust - waiting and hoping to get into Fordham, to post what you did is rather unkind. Probably should be expected on a forum of this sort and god knows, I'm not one to stifle anyone's freedom of speech, but hey - c'mon. Do you really have to throw chum in the water when the last of the EAs are tense enough, as it is?)

Edit: for the record? Saw your stealth edit there.


I think you're pushing a bit far by calling me "unkind". If you don't like the post, you have every right to ignore it. I believe that for the people accepted, I was bringing up a concern very legitimate in these economic times and potentially important for people when choosing a school. Again, it was all hearsay, and I wanted to see what everyone else thinks. That issue is important to prospective students, but again you're free to ignore it if it doesn't interest you. I've complained about the slowness of the school, and not about it's academic programs, students, professors or any other integral part. I shared the sentiment of about every single person waiting at the time I posted these 'negative' comments, and I'm sorry if that kind of expression of general sentiment offends you. Frankly, I think when you say "you've complained quite a bit about the school", you're singling me out from among probably 30 people on this board who shared an opinion about the slowness of the process, and I don't appreciate it. I m still somewhat in disbelief I wasn't clear enough but: I want to go to Fordham because it offers an academic program that is unique and one I am set on pursuing. (Edit: I want to pursue their concentration in EU law. That, to me, is a big part of Fordham and a darn good reason to attend)


Well SanBun, I'm terribly sorry that you are offended and in disbelief. I was rather in disbelief that you would post what you did (especially in this particular forum) but I guess that just means that you and I will have to go our separate ways, not understanding one another. Good luck to you!


I've got your back, nygrrrl! :wink:

edit for misquote

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby jk11287 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:34 am

knows11 wrote:
monkey85 wrote:
knows11 wrote:In today via phone call with 169, 3.56


Congrats. I'm not surprised since you have that LSAT number they want. What does surprise me is the phone call. What up with that? Now, that is some Fordham love for you.


I'm assuming that they called because I applied EA and there was a clarification point that had to be made on my application and the Dean basically wanted to apologize for not getting back to me by the 15th. I'm just really glad that I'm in, it's really exciting that I got into a law school in NYC.

Congratulations. I have the same LSAT, and similar confusion with my app, and I had to call them. And I still have no decision.

Sorry. Anyway, that's great, congrats.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, Bing [Bot], hopes&dreams, liuwenyu, okf731, potterotter, Rio123 and 16 guests