Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
englawyer

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby englawyer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:10 pm

jk11287 wrote:So im just catching up to this thread today...
Your Type is
ESFJ
Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences %
78 25 12 67

Uh, you know, just me, MLK, Eleanor Roosevelt and...Elvis Stojko???

wow you are very extraverted!

kman999

Postby kman999 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:11 pm

Waitlisted at Fordham a couple days back...What are folks looking to do? And anyone know when Fordham will start to reply to move with any of these waitlisters?

Seems like they are WL'n plenty of people this year, not sure if that is a good or bad thing

ersh1428

Postby ersh1428 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:13 pm

In via status checker. 167 and 3.95. Big relief. Good luck to everyone else!

knows11

Postby knows11 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:14 pm

In today via phone call with 169, 3.56

Does anyone know if Fordham sends acceptance package to current or permanent address and how long it takes?

Also, I'm sure this has been asked and probably answered, when do scholarships stuff come out?

fsr2

Postby fsr2 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:27 pm

in today!!!
RD PT
164/3.66
good luck everyone!

RubyDoomsday

Postby RubyDoomsday » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:30 pm

Hey everyone!

Long time no post, RL was requiring my time.

How are all my fellow waitlisters coping?

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:34 pm

congrats to all the new acceptances!! when did you all apply/go complete?

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:36 pm

englawyer wrote:
Your Type is
ESFJ
78 25 12 67

Mine is ENTJ
Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
95 19 68 89

also called "The Executive"

Franklin D. Roosevelt
Richard M. Nixon
Dave Letterman
Margaret Thatcher
Bill Gates

2% of the population are ENTJs
boy do i feel special

CONGRATS to those accepted!!

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:38 pm

SanBun wrote:
englawyer wrote:
Your Type is
ESFJ
78 25 12 67

Mine is ENTJ
Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
95 19 68 89

also called "The Executive"

Franklin D. Roosevelt
Richard M. Nixon
Dave Letterman
Margaret Thatcher
Bill Gates

2% of the population are ENTJs
boy do i feel special

CONGRATS to those accepted!!

+1 me too!

RubyDoomsday

Postby RubyDoomsday » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:19 pm

INFJ

Introvert:33
Intuative:88
Feeling:12
Judging: 22

I think that is accurate

"Idealist Portrait of the Counselor" the one link gives me....which I am not sure what Idealism has to do with anything

Although acording to the link of famous INFJ personalities I am in good company with fellow playwright Shakespeare.

monkey85

Postby monkey85 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:24 pm

knows11 wrote:In today via phone call with 169, 3.56

Congrats. I'm not surprised since you have that LSAT number they want. What does surprise me is the phone call. What up with that? Now, that is some Fordham love for you.

Oban

Postby Oban » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:51 pm

I'm ENTJ

knows11

Postby knows11 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:55 pm

monkey85 wrote:

Congrats. I'm not surprised since you have that LSAT number they want. What does surprise me is the phone call. What up with that? Now, that is some Fordham love for you.

I'm assuming that they called because I applied EA and there was a clarification point that had to be made on my application and the Dean basically wanted to apologize for not getting back to me by the 15th. I'm just really glad that I'm in, it's really exciting that I got into a law school in NYC.

eye

Postby eye » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:27 pm

knows11 wrote:
monkey85 wrote:

I'm assuming that they called because I applied EA and there was a clarification point that had to be made on my application and the Dean basically wanted to apologize for not getting back to me by the 15th. I'm just really glad that I'm in, it's really exciting that I got into a law school in NYC.

+1

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:34 pm

eye wrote:I'm assuming that they called because I applied EA and there was a clarification point that had to be made on my application and the Dean basically wanted to apologize for not getting back to me by the 15th. I'm just really glad that I'm in, it's really exciting that I got into a law school in NYC.

+1, but I still have my reservations about actually attending. While I love the location and the vibe I get from the school, and obviously the prospect of an ueber-exciting life in the best city of the world (probably too optimistic here), I'm a little concerned about career prospects coming out of Fordham... I heard A LOT of the firms that normally recruit actually cut Fordham as an interview place for the summer internship positions (more so than was the case for NYU and Columbia)... kind of a bad sign huh?

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:59 pm

SanBun wrote: I heard A LOT of the firms that normally recruit actually cut Fordham as an interview place for the summer internship positions (more so than was the case for NYU and Columbia)... kind of a bad sign huh?

edit: You know, I started by posting a "really? I hadn't heard that? what on earth do you mean?" comment... but then I thought, what the heck. Why pussyfoot around.
If you're going to make a statement like that, you need to back it up.
No photos = it didn't happen.
Name the firms.

I've been reading your posts and as far as I can recall, you've said very little that is positive, about Fordham. If you don't mind my asking, why did you apply, in the first place? Not snarking - seriously interested.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:08 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
SanBun wrote: I heard A LOT of the firms that normally recruit actually cut Fordham as an interview place for the summer internship positions (more so than was the case for NYU and Columbia)... kind of a bad sign huh?

edit: You know, I started by posting a "really? I hadn't heard that? what on earth do you mean?" comment... but then I thought, what the heck. Why pussyfoot around.
Name the firms.

I've been reading your posts and as far as I can recall, you've said very little that is positive, about Fordham. If you don't mind my asking, why did you apply, in the first place? Not snarking - seriously interested.

Ha -- nygrrrl, I like you more and more every post!!

DrGuano

Postby DrGuano » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:12 pm

SanBun wrote:
eye wrote:I'm assuming that they called because I applied EA and there was a clarification point that had to be made on my application and the Dean basically wanted to apologize for not getting back to me by the 15th. I'm just really glad that I'm in, it's really exciting that I got into a law school in NYC.

+1, but I still have my reservations about actually attending. While I love the location and the vibe I get from the school, and obviously the prospect of an ueber-exciting life in the best city of the world (probably too optimistic here), I'm a little concerned about career prospects coming out of Fordham... I heard A LOT of the firms that normally recruit actually cut Fordham as an interview place for the summer internship positions (more so than was the case for NYU and Columbia)... kind of a bad sign huh?

I work at one of the best firms in NYC and one of the few still doing well. They send out the summer associate interviewee list out to everyone and there were plenty of Fordham students on there. Not as many as NYU/Columbia of course, but thats the norm. No difference from last year.

clem21

Postby clem21 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:30 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

Name the firms.

Ha -- nygrrrl, I like you more and more every post!!

+2, because I'm special and I count double.

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:44 pm

nygrrrl wrote:

Name the firms.

I purposely used the word "heard"- I did not say "I know for a fact it happened" and therefore feel no need to justify my statement. It is what it is, hearsay, and I never wanted it to come off as anything else. As common in a forum, I put it out there to see what other people have heard and whether they can confirm or give any other kind of input. DrGuano did exactly that, and I am glad he did- Thanks for that!

When you say " you've said very little that is positive, about Fordham" do you have an expectation that people are going to the Acceptances, Denials and Waitlists forum to discuss how great the schools they applied to really are? I expect people to discuss... well, acceptances, denials and waitlists, and related issues. I post my concerns about whether or not to accept my spot as a result of my being admitted, and that's completely appropriate here. I could've posted that in the "Discuss Your Law School" section, but I've gotten to know some people here and trust their input, plus I know they've probably been doing research just like me. That being said, just in my last post, the one you replied to, I praised Fordham's location and the 'vibe' I get, and frankly, I don't know how much more positive it gets without actually having visited the school. The times I've actually outright bitched about Fordham were related to my insecurity about whether or not I'll be admitted/ they would meet the EA deadline.

I applied because unlike many people who have Fordham as a back up to T14 (read: NYU and Columbia), I am interested in some of their unique international programs. I want to study abroad in Paris, and Fordham is one of the few schools to offer a year-long study abroad at the Paris II university know for its speciality in EU law.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:58 pm

LOL - it's really not about my taste. What you posted was very incendiary and really, not at all what you'd expect on a forum full of people who presumably want to attend the school in question.
Yes, you have complained quite a bit about the school and I understand how that could come from insecurity... but really, I still don't understand.
You want to go to Paris - gotcha (that DOES sound cool!)
But why do you want to go to Fordham?
(Also, I have to say: when you KNOW there are many people here - people you have said you like and trust - waiting and hoping to get into Fordham, to post what you did is rather unkind. Probably should be expected on a forum of this sort and god knows, I'm not one to stifle anyone's freedom of speech, but hey - c'mon. Do you really have to throw chum in the water when the last of the EAs are tense enough, as it is?)

Edit: for the record? Saw your stealth edit there.

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:00 pm

It's getting hot in here. Maybe we should take off all our clothes.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:03 pm

ccs1702 wrote:It's getting hot in here. Maybe we should take off all our clothes.

Oooo -- CCS! I like the way you think! SAUNA!

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:05 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
ccs1702 wrote:It's getting hot in here. Maybe we should take off all our clothes.

Oooo -- CCS! I like the way you think! SAUNA!

Just sayin'. There's no way to break the ice like getting naked and sweating a little.

monkey85

Postby monkey85 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:06 pm

Ha ha. CCS, it's even funnier thinking about it coming from the mouth of Megaman (avatar).

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”