Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nygrrrl

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:08 pm

jk11287 wrote:All right, I just called the admissions office and I'm actually still on hold, but apparently EA applicants who took the Dec. LSAT had their applications held. I didn't realize that was what was going to happen, and in truth, I didn't want it to...I have a 169, I really just wanted my app to be considered with that score. I don't know what the deal is with this...I'll let everyone know when I figure it out.

That makes total sense and I actually wondered if that would happen, when I checked the "taking December LSAT" box on the app.
Thanks so much for letting everyone know!

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:15 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
jk11287 wrote:All right, I just called the admissions office and I'm actually still on hold, but apparently EA applicants who took the Dec. LSAT had their applications held. I didn't realize that was what was going to happen, and in truth, I didn't want it to...I have a 169, I really just wanted my app to be considered with that score. I don't know what the deal is with this...I'll let everyone know when I figure it out.

That makes total sense and I actually wondered if that would happen, when I checked the "taking December LSAT" box on the app.

You want them to hold your app in most cases. If you have a 169 already, I guess there is little point in the exercise, and you would be justified in asking them to disregard your pending score, though I'm not sure whether they'd let you know much sooner.

From what I am hearing, they are waitlisting very strong candidates so they can balance out the class later in the cycle. This year, like last, it seems that most of the money will go to early admits. It was long gone by the time I got in, though I would hardly have qualified in any case.

goosey

Postby goosey » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:21 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

You want them to hold your app in most cases. If you have a 169 already, I guess there is little point in the exercise, and you would be justified in asking them to disregard your pending score, though I'm not sure whether they'd let you know much sooner.

From what I am hearing, they are waitlisting very strong candidates so they can balance out the class later in the cycle. This year, like last, it seems that most of the money will go to early admits. It was long gone by the time I got in, though I would hardly have qualified in any case.

how did you do this until May and still have the sanity to actually *be* in law school

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:24 pm

goosey wrote:how did you do this until May and still have the sanity to actually *be* in law school

+1

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:08 pm

For those of you looking to kill some time.....

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

I'm a "Rational Mastermind"

sounds about right

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:11 pm

grr sorry to you EAers who took dec lsat and have to wait. this is frustrating!

but i did get my first acceptance today! northeastern w/ a little money. not a top choice (like fordham <3) but i'm happy anyway.. relieved!!

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:15 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
goosey wrote:how did you do this until May and still have the sanity to actually *be* in law school

+1

My sanity, then as now, is very much up for questioning. You would question it a lot if you read half the things I wrote last spring. I was going to withdraw from the waitlist with just a week to go, without telling my future classmates about it, but Cleareyes forbade me to do it.

Waiting was the hardest thing I've ever done... perhaps even worse than taking finals.

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:23 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:

+1

My sanity, then as now, is very much up for questioning. You would question it a lot if you read half the things I wrote last spring. I was going to withdraw from the waitlist with just a week to go, without telling my future classmates about it, but Cleareyes forbade me to do it.

Waiting was the hardest thing I've ever done... perhaps even worse than taking finals.

now i want to read the things you wrote...!!!!! can we have a peek?? ;)

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:23 pm

AlanShore wrote:grr sorry to you EAers who took dec lsat and have to wait. this is frustrating!

but i did get my first acceptance today! northeastern w/ a little money. not a top choice (like fordham <3) but i'm happy anyway.. relieved!!

Congrats on the acceptance -- I'm sure its the first of many!

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:26 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
AlanShore wrote:grr sorry to you EAers who took dec lsat and have to wait. this is frustrating!

Congrats on the acceptance -- I'm sure its the first of many!

:D thanks!

fenderjsm88

Postby fenderjsm88 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:32 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:For those of you looking to kill some time.....

sounds about right

The Myers-Briggs has poor test-retest reliability, but I usually end up scoring as an INFP. According to wikipedia, notable INFPs include Neil Diamond, Princess Diana, and Fred Savage...hmm...

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:33 pm

fenderjsm88 wrote:

sounds about right

The Myers-Briggs has poor test-retest reliability, but I usually end up scoring as an INFP. According to wikipedia, notable INFPs include Neil Diamond, Princess Diana, and Fred Savage...hmm...

Ha -- I always score ENFJ...same as Bill Clinton, Tony Blair and Ronald Reagan. Am I missing my calling as the leader of a country?

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:35 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
fenderjsm88 wrote:

sounds about right

Ha -- I always score ENFJ...same as Bill Clinton, Tony Blair and Ronald Reagan. Am I missing my calling as the leader of a country?

Nice. I scored ENFJ as well, though I have scored INFJ in the past as well. Usually I'm right on the line of E/I.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:37 pm

fenderjsm88 wrote:

sounds about right

What do you have against Fred Savage?????

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:44 pm

Your Type is
INTP

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
11 38 88 22

Architect

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:56 pm

ENTJ
FIELD MARSHAL
"TRADEMARK: -- "I'm really sorry you have to die." (I realize this is an overstatement. However, most Fs and other gentle souls usually chuckle knowingly at this description.) "

hahahaha yes. i did chuckle when i read that...

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:58 pm

As an ENFP, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you take things in primarily via your intuition. Your secondary mode is internal, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit in with your personal value system.

ENFPs are warm, enthusiastic people, typically very bright and full of potential. They live in the world of possibilities, and can become very passionate and excited about things. Their enthusiasm lends them the ability to inspire and motivate others, more so than we see in other types. They can talk their way in or out of anything. They love life, seeing it as a special gift, and strive to make the most out of it.

http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFP.html

I guess it's not shocking, is it?

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:06 pm

lawgirl99

Postby lawgirl99 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:11 pm

What does it say on your status checkers? Mine just says "current application status: complete" but it doesnt have decision status on there anywhere like all my other applications do.

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:25 pm

lawgirl99 wrote:What does it say on your status checkers? Mine just says "current application status: complete" but it doesnt have decision status on there anywhere like all my other applications do.

yep, thats normal. no worries.

meluvmuzic

Postby meluvmuzic » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:27 pm

My apologies if this has already been discussed, but has anyone received any scholarship/fin aid info yet? Would be helpful if any PTers could weigh in. I was admited PT in the first wave on 11/6.

Also, congrats to all those who have been admitted so far!

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:41 pm

How long after submitting the application should I expect to wait for a status checker email from Fordham? Sent it in on 12/10, still nothing from them...

lawgirl99

Postby lawgirl99 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:56 pm

AlanShore wrote:
lawgirl99 wrote:What does it say on your status checkers? Mine just says "current application status: complete" but it doesnt have decision status on there anywhere like all my other applications do.

yep, thats normal. no worries.

Thanks, I was starting to worry

fsr2

Postby fsr2 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:27 pm

anyone get a decision today?

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:08 pm

So im just catching up to this thread today...
Your Type is
ESFJ
Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences %
78 25 12 67

Uh, you know, just me, MLK, Eleanor Roosevelt and...Elvis Stojko???

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”