Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tesoro

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby tesoro » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:23 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
tesoro wrote:A meeting is useful if you have relevant questions. The admissions officer will not even let you share your name or background to ensure that nothing you say will contribute at all to your application or chances. So if you go to their office, make sure you have a purpose in doing so or you're wasting your time.

Wow. So you went to the office and met with someone, but that someone wouldn't let you share any personally identifying information with them?

There were no introductions. I could have forced one, but there was no purpose. I offered to give a little background to put my visit in context and was quickly cut off and requested to jump right to any specific questions I had. Eventually, the content of the discussion led to my telling a little background about myself but it was purely incidental.

Expect a meeting to be informative and nothing more. It's worthwhile, because they are much more frank and up-front when you discuss things in person.

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Has everyone else that met with an admissions rep found this to be the case? Wouldn't they have to know your name if you set up an appointment? Or did you just show up one day?

I requested an appointment on a certain day, and a certain admissions officer responded to my e-mail asking me to stop by between 9-5 and say the adcomm's name at the reception desk. There was no exchange of personal information in setting up the appointment.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:25 pm

very interesting. thanks!

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:26 pm

Hey nygrrl have you heard anything yet? I haven't, and I'm sort of surprised they are waiting until the last minute..

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:28 pm

jk11287 wrote:Hey nygrrl have you heard anything yet? I haven't, and I'm sort of surprised they are waiting until the last minute..

LOL - just checked my status AGAIN and logged on here to see if there was any news.
Nada.
And I have to admit it... NOW I'm nervous.

boss

Postby boss » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:29 pm

Don't worry, at the 11th hour there will be a flood of acceptances and we will all laugh this off.

dms87

Postby dms87 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:30 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
jk11287 wrote:Hey nygrrl have you heard anything yet? I haven't, and I'm sort of surprised they are waiting until the last minute..

LOL - just checked my status AGAIN and logged on here to see if there was any news.
Nada.

D to the itto.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:31 pm

nygrrrl wrote:

Nada.

Don't be. Hopefully your good news is coming soon! You were just after the EA deadline, so likely you'll find out in January, when I did. I hope the response you get is a lot happier than the one I got then, but I have reason to think it will be. You are a more singular applicant than I was.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:31 pm

boss wrote:Don't worry, at the 11th hour there will be a flood of acceptances and we will all laugh this off.

HA! HA HA HA! Ha. haha. ha. hurm...... :|

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:32 pm

boss wrote:Don't worry, at the 11th hour there will be a flood of acceptances and we will all laugh this off.

Don't laugh. It happened last year. July and August admits are quite common.

tram988

Postby tram988 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:32 pm

Have all the EA's received their decisions?

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:32 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

Nada.

Don't be. Hopefully your good news is coming soon! You were just after the EA deadline, so likely you'll find out in January, when I did. I hope the response you get is a lot happier than the one I got then, but I have reason to think it will be. You are a more singular applicant than I was.

AGH! You're like some kind of Tinkerbelle, popping in out of nowhere! Thank you - you say the sweetest things. (I'm sort of expecting January, honestly.) How go the finals?

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:37 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

Nada.

AGH! You're like some kind of Tinkerbelle, popping in out of nowhere! Thank you - you say the sweetest things. (I'm sort of expecting January, honestly.) How go the finals?

I have one at 5pm today, and another on Thursday. It seems Fordham starts after most other schools, since everyone else is halfway through. I'm listening to RENT and pretending people don't do mean and nasty things to one another (Crim Law). I first saw it more than ten years ago, so it's major nostalgia for me at this point. Good luck to you, and to everyone waiting!

<3

texaspecial88

Postby texaspecial88 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:39 pm

tram988 wrote:Have all the EA's received their decisions?

No, i'm still complete as of 11/2..

Anyone else?

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:39 pm

for those waitlisted, what do you plan on doing between now and when the apps are reviewed again to give them more of a reason to accept you?

I'm considering visiting this week and I havent even been waitlisted yet haha

Good luck on finals OS!

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:40 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:I first saw it more than ten years ago, so it's major nostalgia for me at this point. Good luck to you, and to everyone waiting!

<3

Crazy that Rent opened more than 10 years ago! KILL those finals - :twisted:

boss

Postby boss » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:41 pm

texaspecial88 wrote:

Anyone else?

I'm with you.

Are there special markings to indicate EA on the online status checker? I'm pretty sure I sent my application way in advance but my status checker email is dated 11/3, past the EA deadline.

All my online status checker says is "Application complete." (or something to that effect)

tram988

Postby tram988 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:42 pm

Wow so you guys "should" be hearing today or tomorrow at the latest right? Doesnt Fordham notify by the 15th?

texaspecial88

Postby texaspecial88 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:43 pm

boss wrote:
texaspecial88 wrote:

Anyone else?

I'm with you.

Are there special markings to indicate EA on the online status checker? I'm pretty sure I sent my application way in advance but my status checker email is dated 11/3, past the EA deadline.

All my online status checker says is "Application complete." (or something to that effect)

That's just when you went complete. All you had to do was send it in 11/1 or before. Good luck with Fordham, mind PMing me your #'s?

motloe

Postby motloe » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:43 pm

172 4.0 non traditional (bachelor of talmudic law) just got waitlisted. Im bugging out does anyone have any ideas?

texaspecial88

Postby texaspecial88 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:44 pm

Also, for all you guys stuck in limbo with me....

I called fordham and they said they haven't finished reviewing apps yet for EA and will notify us by tomorrow

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:46 pm

motloe wrote:172 4.0 non traditional (bachelor of talmudic law) just got waitlisted. Im bugging out does anyone have any ideas?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

texaspecial88

Postby texaspecial88 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:47 pm

have you heard back nygrrrl?

tram988

Postby tram988 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:47 pm

motloe wrote:172 4.0 non traditional (bachelor of talmudic law) just got waitlisted. Im bugging out does anyone have any ideas?

jesus..YP.

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:48 pm

If it's not flame, it might be because they don't think he'll go there anyhow

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:48 pm

texaspecial88 wrote:have you heard back nygrrrl?

Nope - and I'm starting to think that I won't, for a while. I just missed EA but
was one of those who had the strange "In Review" message last week.... so
I had my hopes up. I'm guessing they have their hands full right now, just
processing the last of the EAs.
(Good luck to everyone!!!)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”