Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jk11287

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby jk11287 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:07 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:
Yeah that sucks! My numbers are probably about the same as yours, and I was waitlisted. (I say probably because I have no GPA, so who knows how they calculate that...) I don't know why they rejected you! Seems totally effed up.

yeah i dunno, competitive cycle + everyone <3 NY may have something to do with it... maybe it was cause instead of being just above 25 w/ GPA, i was just below it

Don't be discouraged, I think Fordham sort of lost its mind this year. A lot of schools are weird this cycle.

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:08 pm

jk11287 wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:
Yeah that sucks! My numbers are probably about the same as yours, and I was waitlisted. (I say probably because I have no GPA, so who knows how they calculate that...) I don't know why they rejected you! Seems totally effed up.

yeah i dunno, competitive cycle + everyone <3 NY may have something to do with it... maybe it was cause instead of being just above 25 w/ GPA, i was just below it

Don't be discouraged, I think Fordham sort of lost its mind this year. A lot of schools are weird this cycle.

yeah, i feel like fordham is kind of 'hot' as of recent years too because there are a lot of good students that don't have #s for NYU or Columbia want to live in NY

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:11 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
jk11287 wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:

yeah, i feel like fordham is kind of 'hot' as of recent years too because there are a lot of good students that don't have #s for NYU or Columbia want to live in NY

They could also be trying to gain some ground after last year's rankings?

dms87

Postby dms87 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:25 pm

Fordham what's your deal?
I'm above both medians
Seventy-Fifths Too

Where's my Decision?
I applied Early Action
Status Still "Complete"

I love NYC
My fiancee made NYU
Dental School, not Law

We could be happy
In our tiny apartment
Accept me soon, please?

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:58 pm

Last edited by Burger in a can on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:01 pm

dms87 wrote:Fordham what's your deal?
I'm above both medians
Seventy-Fifths Too

Where's my Decision?
I applied Early Action
Status Still "Complete"

I love NYC
My fiancee made NYU
Dental School, not Law

We could be happy
In our tiny apartment
Accept me soon, please?

hhahahaaha i loveee this. so cute!

dms87

Postby dms87 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:07 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
dms87 wrote:Fordham what's your deal?
I'm above both medians
Seventy-Fifths Too

Where's my Decision?
I applied Early Action
Status Still "Complete"

I love NYC
My fiancee made NYU
Dental School, not Law

We could be happy
In our tiny apartment
Accept me soon, please?

Nice, but "fiancee" is 3 syllables, at least where I'm from. :) I'm sure you'll get accepted any day now!

Haha, so it seems. I was kinda hoping for a "fjord" type of thing - it's only one syllable, so I was hoping fiancee could pass for 2 syllables.

Thanks AlanShore! :D

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:26 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:That's true, Rock. I'm a wealthy American industrialist and philanthropist and, uh, a bicyclist, who recently opened a lucrative silver mine in the mountains of Peru. I might see if my associate, Dr. van Nostrand would be so kind as to write one for me.

Dr. van Nostrand was just on TV requesting Elaine's medical records...

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:48 pm

ok but so...no decisions today? I HOPE that means the rest of us EA apps will hear tomorrow or Friday...they wouldn't be so cruel as to let it go until Tuesday, would they??

march319

Postby march319 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:05 pm

On Friday I emailed Fordham asking to move my application into the regular decision pool because I was re-taking the December LSAT. Someone responded agreeing that they would do so. When I just checked my status online it said that my application has been waitlisted. I don't know what to do. Seems like they screwed me over. Should I call and explain???

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:07 pm

march319 wrote:On Friday I emailed Fordham asking to move my application into the regular decision pool because I was re-taking the December LSAT. Someone responded agreeing that they would do so. When I just checked my status online it said that my application has been waitlisted. I don't know what to do. Seems like they screwed me over. Should I call and explain???

I sort of think Fordham has no "defer" so they just WL everyone. Everyone and their mom got waitlisted the other day, so you might have been heading there anyway...especially if you're even remotely close to a splitter.

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:23 pm

march319 wrote:On Friday I emailed Fordham asking to move my application into the regular decision pool because I was re-taking the December LSAT. Someone responded agreeing that they would do so. When I just checked my status online it said that my application has been waitlisted. I don't know what to do. Seems like they screwed me over. Should I call and explain???

This seems unfair because even if you get a 180 on your next try, you might be at a disadvantage for being on the wait list instead of the RD applicant pool. I would call them about it if I were you, just to ask why you've been waitlisted even though your application isn't technically "complete" because of your pending LSAT.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:12 pm

Burger in a can wrote:

This seems unfair because even if you get a 180 on your next try, you might be at a disadvantage for being on the wait list instead of the RD applicant pool. I would call them about it if I were you, just to ask why you've been waitlisted even though your application isn't technically "complete" because of your pending LSAT.

That's true, assuming they use their waitlist like everyone else. If they look at it as a deferrment (even though it is called the waitlist) your application may get reviewed again with the RD pool and then you will either remain on the waitlist in perpetuity or you will be accepted. Who knows, though. Definitely not me.

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:37 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:

That's true, assuming they use their waitlist like everyone else. If they look at it as a deferrment (even though it is called the waitlist) your application may get reviewed again with the RD pool and then you will either remain on the waitlist in perpetuity or you will be accepted. Who knows, though. Definitely not me.

I agree that this might be the case, but if I were in march319's shoes, I would definitely call them to see what's up.

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:53 pm

Hey Pika, your LSN says you were accepted to NYU ED. I don't get why you're still worrying about Fordham instead of withdrawing your application.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:55 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
I agree that this might be the case, but if I were in march319's shoes, I would definitely call them to see what's up.

agreed.

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:04 pm

beef wellington wrote:Hey Pika, your LSN says you were accepted to NYU ED. I don't get why you're still worrying about Fordham instead of withdrawing your application.

I think she was accepted yesterday, and hasn't posted on here since then. At least that's what I suspect after peeking at her LSN. Jealous??? haha :)

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:15 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
beef wellington wrote:Hey Pika, your LSN says you were accepted to NYU ED. I don't get why you're still worrying about Fordham instead of withdrawing your application.

I think she was accepted yesterday, and hasn't posted on here since then. At least that's what I suspect after peeking at her LSN. Jealous??? haha :)

No doubt. She was posting here this morning and her LSN listed 12/1 for her NYU decision, so I was confused enough to go check the NYU website to see if I had missed out on a non-binding ED or something. Looking at it again she must have been so excited that she entered 12/9 into "received" instead of "decision."

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:25 pm

jk11287 wrote:ok but so...no decisions today? I HOPE that means the rest of us EA apps will hear tomorrow or Friday...they wouldn't be so cruel as to let it go until Tuesday, would they??

This new "In Review" thing has me so spooked, I don't know what to hope for.

goosey

Postby goosey » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:00 am

Another day of torture awaits us, kids..

Just out of curiousity, anyone complete 11/2 and not received a reply yet?

goosey

Postby goosey » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:21 am

Dear Fordham,

Please accept me today.

Sincerely,
Goosey

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:45 am

goosey wrote:Dear Fordham,

Please accept me today.

Sincerely,
Goosey

Dear Fordham:
What he said.
Love, NYGrrrl

nsinger

Postby nsinger » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:34 am

Burger in a can wrote:
nsinger wrote:Accepted RD 165/3.75.. Don't really know how seeing as my EC activities were "intramural sports and school employee" but shit I ain't complaining. G/l to everyone else.

Nice! Congratulations, and thanks for giving hope to the 165 club! :) Do you think you might attend?

P.S. Intramural Sports ain't nothin to f#$k with.

Not really sure, got a ton more schools to wait on and W&M gave me the fellowship offer which is pretty sweet. However, if I attended Fordham I could live it at home (N. Jersey and yeah I know Fuck the Jersey Shore show).

goosey

Postby goosey » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:27 am

nygrrrl wrote:

Please accept me today.

Sincerely,
Goosey

Dear Fordham:
What he said.
Love, NYGrrrl

I'm a she :)

dms87

Postby dms87 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:31 am

nygrrrl wrote:

Please accept me today.

Sincerely,
Goosey

Dear Fordham:
What he said.
Love, NYGrrrl

""
""
" dms

P.S. My cat's name is Goosey.
P.P.S. I submitted 11/1, complete 11/2 (EA).

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”