Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gitls

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby gitls » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:21 pm

Have people gotten scholarship information in their acceptance packages?

pikalove

Postby pikalove » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:29 pm

Why haven't I heard from Fordham yet?? I've been complete since 11/2 and have stats at the 25th GPA and wayyyyyy above the 75th LSAT.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

RubyDoomsday

Postby RubyDoomsday » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:33 pm

pikalove wrote:Why haven't I heard from Fordham yet?? I've been complete since 11/2 and have stats at the 25th GPA and wayyyyyy above the 75th LSAT.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

same sort of boat pikalove, between the 25 and 50 for GPA and right on the 75 for LSAT

Good to know I am not alone....I was starting to feel lonely in the "I think I can get in with this, but right now, I have no clue"

my hope is that we are just on the cusp of WL and Acceptance, which could put us really high on a WL if that happens.

Oban

Postby Oban » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:36 pm

Wait Listed, i'm not going to lie, it hurts.

But i also got not one, but two full ride schollys yesterday to other schools. And i stand to get some good money out of Cardozo too. Life is good.

pikalove

Postby pikalove » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:38 pm

RubyDoomsday wrote:
pikalove wrote:Why haven't I heard from Fordham yet?? I've been complete since 11/2 and have stats at the 25th GPA and wayyyyyy above the 75th LSAT.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

same sort of boat pikalove, between the 25 and 50 for GPA and right on the 75 for LSAT

Good to know I am not alone....I was starting to feel lonely in the "I think I can get in with this, but right now, I have no clue"

my hope is that we are just on the cusp of WL and Acceptance, which could put us really high on a WL if that happens.

Its just really bizarre because I was admitted immediately at Georgetown, but we aren't good enough for Fordham?? Fordham is a serious consideration for me, so I wish they'd hurry up!! Ugh..

texaspecial88

Postby texaspecial88 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:39 pm

RubyDoomsday wrote:

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Same here. Complete since 11/2. Applied PT and my stats are right at the medians. Hmmmmmm

klk

Postby klk » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:41 pm

pikalove wrote:
RubyDoomsday wrote:

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Its just really bizarre because I was admitted immediately at Georgetown, but we aren't good enough for Fordham?? Fordham is a serious consideration for me, so I wish they'd hurry up!! Ugh..

In at Georgetown and not at Fordham sounds odd... I feel like I'm set up for just the opposite. Would you mind sharing/PMing your numbers to me? I'd like to know where I stand for both if possible...

RubyDoomsday

Postby RubyDoomsday » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:13 pm

pikalove wrote:
RubyDoomsday wrote:

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Maybe it's because you got in at Georgetown? Like they are concerned that you will not ultimately attend because you are such a competative applicant at higher ranked schools.

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:17 pm

So I called and figured out what "In Review-Recommendation Received" means. Apparently that's like an in-house note for a recommendation that's been added to your application not through LSDAS...I guess like if someone affiliated with the school like an alumni or something writes one on your behalf and sends it personally to the school. I was assured that all of us that have that notation are still eligible for the EA deadline.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:19 pm

jk11287 wrote:So I called and figured out what "In Review-Recommendation Received" means. Apparently that's like an in-house note for a recommendation that's been added to your application not through LSDAS...I guess like if someone affiliated with the school like an alumni or something writes one on your behalf and sends it personally to the school. I was assured that all of us that have that notation are still eligible for the EA deadline.

Damn, someone's hooked up.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:27 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
jk11287 wrote:So I called and figured out what "In Review-Recommendation Received" means. Apparently that's like an in-house note for a recommendation that's been added to your application not through LSDAS...I guess like if someone affiliated with the school like an alumni or something writes one on your behalf and sends it personally to the school. I was assured that all of us that have that notation are still eligible for the EA deadline.

All's fair in love, war, and law school admissions

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:29 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:

I would imagine that someone with the resources and status such as H.E. Pennypacker could write his own in-house recommendation.

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:30 pm

RubyDoomsday wrote:
pikalove wrote:
RubyDoomsday wrote:

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Maybe it's because you got in at Georgetown? Like they are concerned that you will not ultimately attend because you are such a competative applicant at higher ranked schools.

I think they just aren't even looking at apps and waitlisting based on cutoffs. Pika is a little bit more borderline though so...

RubyDoomsday

Postby RubyDoomsday » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:33 pm

Argh, thus making me think I should get some more almuni to send in reccomendations for me....

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:41 pm

jk11287 wrote:So I called and figured out what "In Review-Recommendation Received" means...I was assured that all of us that have that notation are still eligible for the EA deadline.

JK - thank you so much for posting this! This actually makes sense (I think an alum DID just send an unsolicited letter on my behalf) and I am now taking a small breath of relief. :)

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:49 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:

I would imagine that someone with the resources and status such as H.E. Pennypacker could write his own in-house recommendation.

That's true, Rock. I'm a wealthy American industrialist and philanthropist and, uh, a bicyclist, who recently opened a lucrative silver mine in the mountains of Peru. I might see if my associate, Dr. van Nostrand would be so kind as to write one for me.

RubyDoomsday

Postby RubyDoomsday » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:52 pm

So, is this what we all think is going on?:

Splitters - Most waitlisted, some got in if they were not below 25% in their low end split. EA and RD

Reviews - Splitters with guardian angels. EA or EA and RD?

Rejected - Below the 25% in both, EA

In - At the median or above, EA

Still Pending - Everyone else?

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:54 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

That's true, Rock. I'm a wealthy American industrialist and philanthropist and, uh, a bicyclist, who recently opened a lucrative silver mine in the mountains of Peru. I might see if my associate, Dr. van Nostrand would be so kind as to write one for me.

I also hear that Mr. Art Vandelay is very generous with his reviews.

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:57 pm

RubyDoomsday wrote:Rejected - Below the 25% in both, EA

Rejected, RD - GPA just below 25th, LSAT just below 75th

165/3.3

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:59 pm

sdegarmo wrote:

165/3.3

Did you apply PT? Cause the median LSAT for FT for last years class was 166

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:01 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:

165/3.3

No, FT, im pretty shocked and discouraged that I didn't at least get waitlisted

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:02 pm

Are everybody's decisions just popping up on the status checker?

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:03 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:

165/3.3

No, FT, im pretty shocked and discouraged that I didn't at least get waitlisted

Yeah that sucks! My numbers are probably about the same as yours, and I was waitlisted. (I say probably because I have no GPA, so who knows how they calculate that...) I don't know why they rejected you! Seems totally effed up.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:05 pm

dakatz wrote:Are everybody's decisions just popping up on the status checker?

Mine did, email came a few hours later.

Edit: this was yesterday. not sure if they're only emailing accepts.

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:06 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
Yeah that sucks! My numbers are probably about the same as yours, and I was waitlisted. (I say probably because I have no GPA, so who knows how they calculate that...) I don't know why they rejected you! Seems totally effed up.

yeah i dunno, competitive cycle + everyone <3 NY may have something to do with it... maybe it was cause instead of being just above 25 w/ GPA, i was just below it

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”