Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
clem21

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby clem21 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:19 pm

beebs wrote::D :D :D ACCEPTED! :D :D :D
I'm not sure what to do - scream or cry. Fordham is my number one choice, so needless to say, this feels amazing.

Submitted 10/31, Complete 11/02
167, 3.6

Decision Status: Congratulations you have been admitted!
Decision Status Date: 12/8/2009

Some of the best words I've ever read. I can't get the smile off my face!

Congratulations! And I'll see you there!

Well, most probably. Unless Fordham retracts my acceptance and laughs mercilessly in my weeping face while crushing me with a giant flaming boulder.

And here I thought those visions would stop after I got accepted...

daniel5215

Postby daniel5215 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:44 pm

waitlisted today....Int'l student, 169, "above average" GPA

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:46 pm

beebs wrote:I'm so excited - I'm going to pick up a Fordham Law sweatshirt and wear it to bed everynight. As cliche as this sounds, I feel like the luckiest kid in the world today. :D

Go for it. I spent $200 in the Fordham bookstore the day after I was admitted, and couldn't explain to the bemused student workers why I was clutching the merchandise and crying.

Love and luck to those still waiting. Back to studying.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:50 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
beebs wrote:I'm so excited - I'm going to pick up a Fordham Law sweatshirt and wear it to bed everynight. As cliche as this sounds, I feel like the luckiest kid in the world today. :D

Go for it. I spent $200 in the Fordham bookstore the day after I was admitted, and couldn't explain to the bemused student workers why I was clutching the merchandise and crying.

LOL - I love that image. I am still "In Review." As long as I am still in the running, I am happy.

(edited for correct phraseology)

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:52 pm

I'm freaking out. After getting rejected ED from GULC, I'm pretty much counting on Fordham as my number one and I'm in the weird group of "recommendation received" people.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:54 pm

jk11287 wrote:I'm freaking out. After getting rejected ED from GULC, I'm pretty much counting on Fordham as my number one and I'm in the weird group of "recommendation received" people.

Me, too. I am actually nauseous. Fordham is my #1.

goosey

Postby goosey » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:58 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:

OS, any ideas as to the odd status? Did they have "recommendation received" last cycle, and how did that play out for those with the status?

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:07 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:

Is there a Lincoln Center bookstore?? :lol: I'm know what I'm getting myself for christmas this year!

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:14 pm

goosey wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:

OS, any ideas as to the odd status? Did they have "recommendation received" last cycle, and how did that play out for those with the status?

I was never aware that it meant anything special, other than an acknowledgment that someone added something to your file. Fordham keeps physical paper files on every single applicant. You would not believe what it looked like in Dean Brown's office that day in May, when I first met him. Honestly, I think he meant what he said in the interview. Splitters get waitlisted, but many get in in May and June. I know this is not what you want to hear, and I didn't want to hear it either a year ago, but the people with both numbers near the medians, like beebs, get accepted first.

You may have a long wait, but your chances are still just fine. Try not to let it take over your life, the way it did to me. Five and a half months is not an unheard of length for a cycle at Fordham. I've heard of people waiting seven months (last minute WL/IN kids).

I would do it all again, because it was worth every minute of that wait.

To Tesoro: yes. Use the entrance closest to Columbus Circle to get there.

clem21

Postby clem21 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:18 pm

tesoro wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:

Is there a Lincoln Center bookstore?? :lol: I'm know what I'm getting myself for christmas this year!

Woohoo! Sweatshirts all around!

I request more poems and songs though. Just cuz some decisions have been rendered doesn't mean we have to lose the creative enjoyment...

js87

Postby js87 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:20 pm

Does anyone know the average time between an acceptance via status checker and the corresponding physical mailing? I was accepted 12/3 and another poster, accepted on 11/18, is still waiting too. I'm anxious! :D

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:24 pm

js87 wrote:Does anyone know the average time between an acceptance via status checker and the corresponding physical mailing? I was accepted 12/3 and another poster, accepted on 11/18, is still waiting too. I'm anxious! :D

I was accepted 11/6. I went on vacation 11/10 and it was home when I got back from vacation on 11/16. So something between 5 and 10 days for me.

My letter said that an accepted student package is coming "in a few weeks." I'd assume the delay on the 11/18 poster is because Fordham is going to attempt to just initially send the package to all admits, rather than sending two separate mailings. Be patient, the hard part is over :)

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:06 pm

tesoro wrote:
js87 wrote:Does anyone know the average time between an acceptance via status checker and the corresponding physical mailing? I was accepted 12/3 and another poster, accepted on 11/18, is still waiting too. I'm anxious! :D

I was accepted 11/6. I went on vacation 11/10 and it was home when I got back from vacation on 11/16. So something between 5 and 10 days for me.

My letter said that an accepted student package is coming "in a few weeks." I'd assume the delay on the 11/18 poster is because Fordham is going to attempt to just initially send the package to all admits, rather than sending two separate mailings. Be patient, the hard part is over :)

What about money decisions? I'm not expecting much with my numbers & Fordham's notorious stinginess, but should I expect something with the packet (whenever that comes), or later in the spring, or...?

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:28 pm

danidancer wrote:
tesoro wrote:

What about money decisions? I'm not expecting much with my numbers & Fordham's notorious stinginess, but should I expect something with the packet (whenever that comes), or later in the spring, or...?

Boy, if I knew the answer to that question I'd be a lot happier right now.

I'm waiting until the end of Jan ... I think the picture will be a lot clearer then given LSN postings and people reporting here on TLS. If you look at LSN, there are a few people reporting scholarships.

superflush

Postby superflush » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:40 pm

tesoro wrote:Is there a Lincoln Center bookstore?? :lol:

Yes. --LinkRemoved--

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:21 pm

Anyone know if they'll get around to emailing us waitlisters? My other WL I got an automated email from the Dean with some info about the waitlist.

beebs

Postby beebs » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:34 pm

Just got to drink the bottle of champagne that has been sitting on my desk since October in preparation for this day. :D

Also, to cap off the day, was accepted to Notre Dame this afternoon with an 18k/year renewable scholarship. I don't this this perma-grin has left my face since this afternoon. :D

Congrats to all the acceptance, and good luck to all the WL's. Here's to an amazing class of 2013!

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:17 am

beebs wrote:Just got to drink the bottle of champagne that has been sitting on my desk since October in preparation for this day. :D

Also, to cap off the day, was accepted to Notre Dame this afternoon with an 18k/year renewable scholarship. I don't this this perma-grin has left my face since this afternoon. :D

Congrats to all the acceptance, and good luck to all the WL's. Here's to an amazing class of 2013!

Glad you got to drink the champagne! That's so exciting!

Can't wait to get my sweatshirt either (which I will do once I finally just get my rejection from Columbia, where I applied ED before I got my LSAT score haha)!

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:52 am

Good Morning all, just catching up on yesterdays news and congrats to all those accepted! Hopefully today a few more of us will join your ranks.

miami..

Postby miami.. » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:08 am

JUST GOT THE ACCEPTANCE E-MAIL!!! WOOHOO! :)

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:14 am

miami.. wrote:JUST GOT THE ACCEPTANCE E-MAIL!!! WOOHOO! :)

congrats!! stats? when did u apply/complete??

woohoo come on fordham! keep going with the acceptances!

miami..

Postby miami.. » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:33 am

applied 10/30 went complete 11/2 and 3.81, 166. good luck to everyone else!!!

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:35 am

has anyone gotten accepted who didnt apply ea?

prob not but when does everyone think RD people can expect to hear?

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:41 am

AlanShore wrote:has anyone gotten accepted who didnt apply ea?

Only a few have been accepted, but many have heard (most on WL)
http://fordham.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:50 am

nygrrrl wrote:
AlanShore wrote:has anyone gotten accepted who didnt apply ea?

Only a few have been accepted, but many have heard (most on WL)
http://fordham.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants

+1. RD, waitlisted.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”