Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
beef wellington

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby beef wellington » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:18 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
beef wellington wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Well I don't know about all of you, but even with all the WL from yesterday, and the general confusion about what it means, I'm glad we're not in the same boat as those on the Georgetown thread. It's starting to get pretty crazy over there.

Care to summarize the situation for us?

Well basically a ton of people got a DR 12/1 and no one has heard anything yet. People are organizing mass phone barages on the admissions office, flipping out cause no one gets the same answer from a rep, etc.

lol. Just play it cool people.

RubyDoomsday

Postby RubyDoomsday » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:20 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
beef wellington wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Well I don't know about all of you, but even with all the WL from yesterday, and the general confusion about what it means, I'm glad we're not in the same boat as those on the Georgetown thread. It's starting to get pretty crazy over there.

Well basically a ton of people got a DR 12/1 and no one has heard anything yet. People are organizing mass phone barages on the admissions office, flipping out cause no one gets the same answer from a rep, etc. Also the dean announced he was going to the UN on 12/2 so no one really knows what's happeneing down there.

That is silly, how is Deffered to Regular confussing? Why badger the adcoms? Why flip out?

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:21 pm

RubyDoomsday wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
beef wellington wrote:

Well basically a ton of people got a DR 12/1 and no one has heard anything yet. People are organizing mass phone barages on the admissions office, flipping out cause no one gets the same answer from a rep, etc. Also the dean announced he was going to the UN on 12/2 so no one really knows what's happeneing down there.

That is silly, how is Deffered to Regular confussing? Why badger the adcoms? Why flip out?

DR=Decision Rendered.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:21 pm

RubyDoomsday wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
beef wellington wrote:

I think DR here means "decision rendered." So, they know a decision is coming, but don't know what it is yet.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:22 pm

RubyDoomsday wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
beef wellington wrote:

When I said DR, I meant Decision Rendered. Maybe I'm not up on the message board lingo. Sorry for the confusion. All they know is that a decision was made, nothing else.

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:23 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
beef wellington wrote:

Plus, someone got it out of the admissions office that the 12/1 DR group's letters/emails/whatever the hell they are were delayed for awhile for a phantom reason. But to make a long story short, we all wen tto decision a week ago and have heard nothing. Its sort of torture.

Anyway, not to burst anyone's bubble, but I think someone called FOrdham and found out like ten pages back that WL is WL, not deferral. But again, keep your hopes up because it does seem like they get pretty deep into their waitlist.

As of this morning, I am STILL complete 10/19 and STILL a splitter and STILL have not received anything!

RubyDoomsday

Postby RubyDoomsday » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:25 pm

Sorry for my confussion about DR....I feel like a shnook :P

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:26 pm

UM...my status just changed this minute from complete to "in review-recomendation received."

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:27 pm

jk11287 wrote:UM...my status just changed this minute from complete to "in review-recomendation received."

Mine never said that. Did they ever actually REVIEW the people they WLed? Huh?! HUH FORDHAM?!

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:27 pm

jk11287 wrote:UM...my status just changed this minute from complete to "in review-recomendation received."

OMG - mine just did the same.
:shock:

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:28 pm

nygrrrl wrote:

WHAT ARE YOUR NUMBERS?!?!??! lol

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:29 pm

nygrrrl wrote:

What recommendation???? What does that mean???

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:29 pm

jk11287 wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

WHAT ARE YOUR NUMBERS?!?!??! lol

My numbers suck but I have a very bizarre story and crazy WE
This could go either way.

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:30 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

LOL i'll be damned if i know

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:31 pm

jk11287 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

LOL i'll be damned if i know

Just when you think you have it all figured out...

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:33 pm

I am not kidding when I say that in the past week I've found SEVEN new gray hairs. SEVEN!!

RubyDoomsday

Postby RubyDoomsday » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:36 pm

Were they waiting on a LOR?

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:37 pm

RubyDoomsday wrote:

Not from me: I submitted my package, complete. :shock:

RubyDoomsday

Postby RubyDoomsday » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:38 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
RubyDoomsday wrote:

Calm, everyone, calm....

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:39 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
RubyDoomsday wrote:

Maybe a guardian angel called the admissions office on your behalf JUST as they were about to make a decision on your application. Do you know any cherubs?

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:41 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:I am not kidding when I say that in the past week I've found SEVEN new gray hairs. SEVEN!!

LOL -- I lost count a long time ago...but, honestly, most of those grays came from teaching first grade. When my students pointed them out, I told them that I named the grays after them. So, at least one of those grays should definitely be called "Fordham."

We can just have a big dye party once everyone gets in/off the WL ;-)

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:42 pm

RubyDoomsday wrote:

Nope, I've been complete since Oct. 19.

RubyDoomsday

Postby RubyDoomsday » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:44 pm

Do you think that maybe they asked for a reccomendation from someone on your resume or something? Or maybe they wanted your GPA explained by your university if it was different from LSAC?

Clair1331

Postby Clair1331 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:44 pm

Waitlisted 12/7, still there. Good luck to you that might get off the waitlist!

Jornste

Postby Jornste » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:46 pm

jk11287 wrote:11287 wrote:
UM...my status just changed this minute from complete to "in review-recomendation received."

Nope, I've been complete since Oct. 19.

I went complete a couple days ago.....I feel like Its gonna be a while...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”