Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby beebs » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:17 pm

Burger in a can wrote:I wrote this for the Cornell waiting room, but I thought maybe it belongs in here too.

Oh, Cornell, I thought we had a chance
with my 165 LSAT, your suggestive glance
ninety-second percentile, I thought with a smile
will surely get me T14 by a mile!

Oh, Cornell, I thought this was going to workley
to me you were more attractive than Berkeley
with your mountains of snow and days without sun
your library pics- I thought you were the one!

But then, oh Cornell, much to my distress
I spent time online, specifically TLS
where I realized that all my 165 pride
was misplaced and I almost broke down and cried,

But I stayed strong, oh Cornell, I made my way through
Didn't let myself get bummed out over you
I even rebuilt my pride some, thought maybe I'd fluke
my way into your arms-make the 170s puke!

But today, sweet Cornell, checking status in boredom
I sank when I saw "waitlisted" at Fordham
So now, oh Cornell, I finally see
that you and I prob'ly aren't meant to be.


Despite the depressive state around here, this is awesome. I read it in the style of Dr. Seuss. I think it needs illustrations.

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby beef wellington » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:43 pm

Waitlisted. 171/3.2( 3.8 ). Strong consider on LSP. I'm a splitter so I'm applying everywhere, and Fordham knows that because they asked. Any chance this is YP?
Last edited by beef wellington on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby dakatz » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:44 pm

beef wellington wrote:Waitlisted. 171/3.16(3.78). Strong consider on LSP. I'm a splitter so I'm applying everywhere, and Fordham knows that because they asked. Any chance this is YP?


With a 3.16, that is definitely not YP.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:45 pm

The Dean hated applications! The whole admissions season!
Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
It could be that his head wasn't screwed on quite right.
It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.
But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that the 1L class size was about 500 TLSers too small.

But,
Whatever the reason,
His heart or his lips that were chapped,
He stood there in his office, hating those apps,
Staring down from his office with a sour, Deany frown
At the warm lighted windows in the upper west side part of town.
For he knew every person that sent in a file
Was not above Fordham's LSAT 75th percentile.

And what happened then...?
Well...on TLS they say
That Fordham's first year class
Grew three sizes that day!
And the minute the Dean's heart didn't feel quite so tight,
He whizzed with acceptances through the bright morning light
And he brought those off the waitlist! And the food for the feast!
And he...

...HE HIMSELF...!
The Dean carved the roast beast!

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby danidancer » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:46 pm

beef wellington wrote:Waitlisted. 171/3.16(3.78). Strong consider on LSP. I'm a splitter so I'm applying everywhere, and Fordham knows that because they asked. Any chance this is YP?


That's what I'M really worried about. When I applied, I only put on the schools I was SURE I would be applying to, so a significantly smaller list than I actually applied to, but still including LOTS of T14s/reaches? Feeling incredibly stupid. :shock:

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby keg411 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:56 pm

Are any splitters that got waitlisted today PT? Or is everyone FT?

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:58 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:The Dean hated applications! The whole admissions season!
Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
It could be that his head wasn't screwed on quite right.
It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.
But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that the 1L class size was about 500 TLSers too small.

But,
Whatever the reason,
His heart or his lips that were chapped,
He stood there in his office, hating those apps,
Staring down from his office with a sour, Deany frown
At the warm lighted windows in the upper west side part of town.
For he knew every person that sent in a file
Was not above Fordham's LSAT 75th percentile.

And what happened then...?
Well...on TLS they say
That Fordham's first year class
Grew three sizes that day!
And the minute the Dean's heart didn't feel quite so tight,
He whizzed with acceptances through the bright morning light
And he brought those off the waitlist! And the food for the feast!
And he...

...HE HIMSELF...!
The Dean carved the roast beast!


Amazing. Even with slightly bad news going around, this forum is still awesome.

User avatar
pikalove
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby pikalove » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:59 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:The Dean hated applications! The whole admissions season!
Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
It could be that his head wasn't screwed on quite right.
It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.
But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that the 1L class size was about 500 TLSers too small.

But,
Whatever the reason,
His heart or his lips that were chapped,
He stood there in his office, hating those apps,
Staring down from his office with a sour, Deany frown
At the warm lighted windows in the upper west side part of town.
For he knew every person that sent in a file
Was not above Fordham's LSAT 75th percentile.

And what happened then...?
Well...on TLS they say
That Fordham's first year class
Grew three sizes that day!
And the minute the Dean's heart didn't feel quite so tight,
He whizzed with acceptances through the bright morning light
And he brought those off the waitlist! And the food for the feast!
And he...

...HE HIMSELF...!
The Dean carved the roast beast!



AMAZING!! Also, I wish that would actually happen.

User avatar
clem21
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:36 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby clem21 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:07 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:The Dean hated applications! The whole admissions season!
Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
It could be that his head wasn't screwed on quite right.
It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.
But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that the 1L class size was about 500 TLSers too small.

But,
Whatever the reason,
His heart or his lips that were chapped,
He stood there in his office, hating those apps,
Staring down from his office with a sour, Deany frown
At the warm lighted windows in the upper west side part of town.
For he knew every person that sent in a file
Was not above Fordham's LSAT 75th percentile.

And what happened then...?
Well...on TLS they say
That Fordham's first year class
Grew three sizes that day!
And the minute the Dean's heart didn't feel quite so tight,
He whizzed with acceptances through the bright morning light
And he brought those off the waitlist! And the food for the feast!
And he...

...HE HIMSELF...!
The Dean carved the roast beast!

Absolutely brilliant!

And hopefully it'll be true as well because barring a miracle NYU acceptance or a giant BU scholarship, I'm coming back to my hometown for Fordham and I want some TLSers there with me.

To answer the question from earlier, Submitted: 10/26 Complete: 11/2

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Burger in a can » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:12 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:The Dean hated applications! The whole admissions season!
Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
It could be that his head wasn't screwed on quite right.
It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.
But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that the 1L class size was about 500 TLSers too small.

But,
Whatever the reason,
His heart or his lips that were chapped,
He stood there in his office, hating those apps,
Staring down from his office with a sour, Deany frown
At the warm lighted windows in the upper west side part of town.
For he knew every person that sent in a file
Was not above Fordham's LSAT 75th percentile.

And what happened then...?
Well...on TLS they say
That Fordham's first year class
Grew three sizes that day!
And the minute the Dean's heart didn't feel quite so tight,
He whizzed with acceptances through the bright morning light
And he brought those off the waitlist! And the food for the feast!
And he...

...HE HIMSELF...!
The Dean carved the roast beast!


Nice! I want a slice of Fordham beast. :D

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby beef wellington » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:16 pm

dakatz wrote:
beef wellington wrote:Waitlisted. 171/3.16(3.78). Strong consider on LSP. I'm a splitter so I'm applying everywhere, and Fordham knows that because they asked. Any chance this is YP?


With a 3.16, that is definitely not YP.


Yeah I don't know. Looking through Fordham apps the last few years for all WL/accepted and WL/rejected candidates. No 170+ in either list. I have to think they figure I'll end up somewhere else. But that doesn't explain the people with better numbers who were accepted... Maybe they figure splitters will bear a WL but people over both medians won't? I can't imagine not getting in if it comes down to it.

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby jk11287 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:20 pm

beef wellington wrote:Waitlisted. 171/3.16(3.78). Strong consider on LSP. I'm a splitter so I'm applying everywhere, and Fordham knows that because they asked. Any chance this is YP?

I really wouldn't feel that bad about it because it seems like virtually every splitter on the planet got WL @ Fordham today (except me, obviously, since im STILL JUST COMPLETE SINCE 10/19-sorry), so it seems like they are pretty arbitrarily WL people below a certain LSAT/GPA number.

And I do think it could be sort of YP because there are some T14 that would probably snap you up...with high lsat splitters its always sort of a crapshoot.

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby beebs » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:20 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:The Dean hated applications! The whole admissions season!
Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
It could be that his head wasn't screwed on quite right.
It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.
But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that the 1L class size was about 500 TLSers too small.

But,
Whatever the reason,
His heart or his lips that were chapped,
He stood there in his office, hating those apps,
Staring down from his office with a sour, Deany frown
At the warm lighted windows in the upper west side part of town.
For he knew every person that sent in a file
Was not above Fordham's LSAT 75th percentile.

And what happened then...?
Well...on TLS they say
That Fordham's first year class
Grew three sizes that day!
And the minute the Dean's heart didn't feel quite so tight,
He whizzed with acceptances through the bright morning light
And he brought those off the waitlist! And the food for the feast!
And he...

...HE HIMSELF...!
The Dean carved the roast beast!


All I want for Christmas is a Fordham Law acceptance.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:45 pm

Thank you, thank you...I do it not for the glory, though that part is nice. We definitely needed a pick-me-up after today's events (on the anniversary of Pearl Harbor of all days). But I'm off now to watch my DVRed Festivus Seinfeld episode.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby robin600 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:51 pm

Congrats to all those accepted!! Sorry/congrats to those waitlisted (at least we're not down right rejected!)

So from what it seems so far is the waitlist at Fordham considered a soft reject?

zgreen
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby zgreen » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:55 pm

wl 3.2/ 172

'your file has been waitlisted'

This phrasing is odd.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SanBun » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:08 pm

zgreen wrote:wl 3.2/ 172

'your file has been waitlisted'

This phrasing is odd.


oh nm wrong thread :)

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby beebs » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:19 pm

Good news today:

Packers are up 17-0 at the half.

I heart Donald Driver.

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby beef wellington » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:23 pm

robin600 wrote:Congrats to all those accepted!! Sorry/congrats to those waitlisted (at least we're not down right rejected!)

So from what it seems so far is the waitlist at Fordham considered a soft reject?


Seems like anything but to me.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby robin600 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:24 pm

beef wellington wrote:
robin600 wrote:Congrats to all those accepted!! Sorry/congrats to those waitlisted (at least we're not down right rejected!)

So from what it seems so far is the waitlist at Fordham considered a soft reject?


Seems like anything but to me.

Really why do you say that?

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby beef wellington » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:27 pm

robin600 wrote:
beef wellington wrote:
robin600 wrote:Congrats to all those accepted!! Sorry/congrats to those waitlisted (at least we're not down right rejected!)

So from what it seems so far is the waitlist at Fordham considered a soft reject?


Seems like anything but to me.

Really why do you say that?


A lot of us have numbers that they would rarely reject and are likely good enough to get us into higher ranked schools. They accepted a lot of people off the waitlist both of the last two years.

dms87
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby dms87 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm

FWIW, I'm a 3.75/171. EA, submitted 11/1, complete 11/2. I listed every school I was planning to apply to, including Columbia, NYU, and Duke; I hope this doesn't hurt me - Fordham is a legitimate consideration for me, especially if I don't get in at NYU/Columbia and/or they offer $$. I'll keep you posted on my status.

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby beef wellington » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:34 pm

dms87 wrote:FWIW, I'm a 3.75/171. EA, submitted 11/1, complete 11/2. I listed every school I was planning to apply to, including Columbia, NYU, and Duke; I hope this doesn't hurt me - Fordham is a legitimate consideration for me, especially if I don't get in at NYU/Columbia and/or they offer $$. I'll keep you posted on my status.


You would appear to be fine judging by LSN. They don't appear to be worried about YP for people above both medians. Best of luck.

dms87
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby dms87 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:54 pm

beef wellington wrote:
dms87 wrote:FWIW, I'm a 3.75/171. EA, submitted 11/1, complete 11/2. I listed every school I was planning to apply to, including Columbia, NYU, and Duke; I hope this doesn't hurt me - Fordham is a legitimate consideration for me, especially if I don't get in at NYU/Columbia and/or they offer $$. I'll keep you posted on my status.


You would appear to be fine judging by LSN. They don't appear to be worried about YP for people above both medians. Best of luck.


Thanks - hoping :). I have a funky situation - my fiancee is going to dental school. Thankfully she got into NYU/Harvard/UFlorida. So far I'm in at Duke/UMiami. Hopefully Fordham will at least open up the NYC option, although BU Law/Harvard Dent > Fordham/NYU Dent probably? But it's all speculation until I get some letters! AHH!

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby beebs » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:57 pm

dms87 wrote:
beef wellington wrote:
dms87 wrote:FWIW, I'm a 3.75/171. EA, submitted 11/1, complete 11/2. I listed every school I was planning to apply to, including Columbia, NYU, and Duke; I hope this doesn't hurt me - Fordham is a legitimate consideration for me, especially if I don't get in at NYU/Columbia and/or they offer $$. I'll keep you posted on my status.


You would appear to be fine judging by LSN. They don't appear to be worried about YP for people above both medians. Best of luck.


Thanks - hoping :). I have a funky situation - my fiancee is going to dental school. Thankfully she got into NYU/Harvard/UFlorida. So far I'm in at Duke/UMiami. Hopefully Fordham will at least open up the NYC option, although BU Law/Harvard Dent > Fordham/NYU Dent probably? But it's all speculation until I get some letters! AHH!


You're missing an important element in your equation:

New York > Boston




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”