Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jk11287

Bronze

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by jk11287 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:19 pm

tesoro wrote:
jk11287 wrote:
RubyDoomsday wrote:
robin600 wrote:I just got waitlisted at Fordham for full-time 163/3.65 (I'm blind). Anything I can do to get off this damn thing? Any chance of getting off the waitlist?
OperaSoprano needs to get on here and calm people down. She spent over 3 months on the WL and got in.

Out of curiosity, did any of the high splitters also apply to NYU or CLS?
I'm not exactly a high splitter either, but I'm sort of freaking out now in light of these and other circumstances, and may start just sending applications off to everywhere (including maybe NYU-but not Columbia, lets be realistic here) so that I get in SOMEWHERE. I only applied to four schools as of now. I can't see me being WL for YP...from the list of other schools I put down on the app, its pretty clear that I want to be in either NY or DC and I didn't apply to any schools really ranked far and away above Fordham, except GULC.
Have you applied to GMU? It's T50 and you should get in so it might be a good safety to look into. It's just outside of DC and right on the DC metro, and is absolutely dirt cheap. The application is free if you submit it online.

Sorry about Fordham. Don't give up on them yet though - just keep giving them reasons to admit you through LOCI.
Thank you. I wasn't aware that the app was free online-I'll definitely submit one now though. I was considering applying to DC area schools (in addition to GW/GULC) in hopes of maybe transferring to one of those two after 1L.

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Based on the numbers that were accepted, there's no reason to believe any splitter WL was YP. I think it's clear that Fordham, like almost every top school, has set a GPA minimum since they have the luxury of so many grade inflated applicants.

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:21 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:Based on the numbers that were accepted, there's no reason to believe any splitter WL was YP. I think it's clear that Fordham, like almost every top school, has set a GPA minimum since they have the luxury of so many grade inflated applicants.
I think that's only true up until a certain point. There are plenty of t14 that would consider accepting a high LSAT splitter with a low GPA. Its not like the WL people here have a GPA of 2.4, they're all in the 3.XX range.

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:22 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:Based on the numbers that were accepted, there's no reason to believe any splitter WL was YP. I think it's clear that Fordham, like almost every top school, has set a GPA minimum since they have the luxury of so many grade inflated applicants.
So what's the minimum? 3.4?

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:23 pm

If they want to move up on their LSAT median, they may have to lower their GPA minimum. I still believe that like most other schools, that they want to see the entire pool before they make decisions on splitters and reverse splitters. Then they may try to raise the LSAT median if anything or try to keep it steady.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:28 pm

jk11287 wrote:
Thank you. I wasn't aware that the app was free online-I'll definitely submit one now though. I was considering applying to DC area schools (in addition to GW/GULC) in hopes of maybe transferring to one of those two after 1L.
You're welcome. GMU is consistently ranked neck-and-neck with American, and both schools are leaps and bounds ahead of CUA (also expensive). The tuition break makes it the clear winner as far as your next best DC area school to apply to beyond GW/GULC. I personally applied to GULC, GWU, and Fordham with some level of excitement and GMU as my solid backup plan.

A word of caution: common advice on this forum is to not attend somewhere you wouldnt be happy at for 3 years because transferring is a tenuous plan at best.

Best of luck-

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:30 pm

finalaspects wrote:
If they want to move up on their LSAT median, they may have to lower their GPA minimum. I still believe that like most other schools, that they want to see the entire pool before they make decisions on splitters and reverse splitters. Then they may try to raise the LSAT median if anything or try to keep it steady.
This is true, but it doesn't really explain why people with CLS and NYU numbers would get accepted.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:30 pm

RubyDoomsday wrote:I told them explicitly in my PS that it was my top choice and if accepted I will attend. I hope that counts for something given that my numbers are fairly middle of the group.
I did the same thing. I was in the second group of apps (complete 11/16); today's numbers are making me nervous.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:33 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
RubyDoomsday wrote:I told them explicitly in my PS that it was my top choice and if accepted I will attend. I hope that counts for something given that my numbers are fairly middle of the group.
I did the same thing. I was in the second group of apps (complete 11/16); today's numbers are making me nervous.
I'm in the second group as well and today has not given me high hopes. I didn't write a Fordham specific PS, but I still think it's pretty good...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

RubyDoomsday

Bronze

Post by RubyDoomsday » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:36 pm

Hmmm, 11/2 complete....now I am scared.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:37 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
I'm in the second group as well and today has not given me high hopes. I didn't write a Fordham specific PS, but I still think it's pretty good...
My PS was VERY Fordham specific. And I am getting very nervous.
:shock:

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:40 pm

nygrrrl wrote:And I am getting very nervous.
:shock:
+1

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:40 pm

H.E.P. - you applying FT or PT?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:41 pm

Wow today shocked me! I cant believe such #'s were waitlisted!

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:42 pm

nygrrrl wrote:H.E.P. - you applying FT or PT?
FT.

brewinbruin

New

Post by brewinbruin » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:43 pm

3.52/165 applied for FT, went complete on 11/2...still no answer. arghhhhhhh

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:43 pm

Waitlisted today via status checker, 177/2.95. Splitter, but still... ouch.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

HJO

Bronze

Post by HJO » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:43 pm

WL FT 163/3.95

sigh.

edit.

Has anyone gotten in?

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:44 pm

WL has to mean deferral. It HAS to.

clem21

New

Post by clem21 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:45 pm

ACCEPTEDACCEPTEDACCEPTED!!!!

FT, 166, 3.6

so excited right now!!!!

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:45 pm

clem21 wrote:ACCEPTEDACCEPTEDACCEPTED!!!!

FT, 166, 3.6

so excited right now!!!!
YAY welcome to the club!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mdgold

New

Post by mdgold » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:45 pm

waitlisted: 168/3.35 :(

RubyDoomsday

Bronze

Post by RubyDoomsday » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:45 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:WL has to mean deferral. It HAS to.
Agreed, it means "You might get into a better school, or we might get better applicants....so just hang out"

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:46 pm

clem21 wrote:ACCEPTEDACCEPTEDACCEPTED!!!!

FT, 166, 3.6

so excited right now!!!!
CONGRATS!!
When did you submit??
Last edited by SanBun on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:46 pm

I huurrrrd it wuz crazzzy up in here....

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”