Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rockthelaw

Bronze

Re: paradise Waiting Room

Post by rockthelaw » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:49 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
even2flow wrote:Ah, Friday.

What's going on for the weekend kids?
54 holes of golf / beers / ladies 8)
Oh man golfin' season has arrived!

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:52 am

rockthelaw wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

my husband is playing beth page black today. i am sitting in my cubicle. i am so jealous right now, and i don't even like golf!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:53 am

hannah87 wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

my husband is playing beth page black today. i am sitting in my cubicle. i am so jealous right now, and i don't even like golf!

have you got windows in your cube at least? I'm in a box inside a bigger box inside a bigger box. I have to walk pretttyyy far to see outside

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:53 am

hannah87 wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

I've played Red, but I caddied for my buddy when he played a high-stakes skins game on Black. That track is unreal to walk.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:56 am

rockthelaw wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
I've played Red, but I caddied for my buddy when he played a high-stakes skins game on Black. That track is unreal to walk.
i've never been there, but i know it's supposed to be really great. he loves playing there. i really have to learn to like/play golf...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:02 pm

hannah87 wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
i've never been there, but i know it's supposed to be really great. he loves playing there. i really have to learn to like/play golf...
There is no better way to spend a weekend when the weather is this nice out. Never played BPB, but it's on my bucket list.

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:05 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
There is no better way to spend a weekend when the weather is this nice out. Never played BPB, but it's on my bucket list.
I'm a tennis person myself. Or swimming (another point for Astoria -- great pool in the park :-))

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:08 pm

LaurenGayle wrote: I'm a tennis person myself. Or swimming (another point for Astoria -- great pool in the park :-))
Tennis is great too. I'm terrible at it, but still like playing.

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:10 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote: I'm a tennis person myself. Or swimming (another point for Astoria -- great pool in the park :-))
Tennis is great too. I'm terrible at it, but still like playing.
Oh, I am not awesome. I taught myself (I've played volleyball since I was 12 so I figured it was kind of similar, and you don't need to round up as many people). But it's the best on summer days :-)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

danidancer

Silver

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by danidancer » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:45 pm

Does anyone know if the Fordham deposit HAS to be by check? Can I put it on a credit card?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:48 pm

danidancer wrote:Does anyone know if the Fordham deposit HAS to be by check? Can I put it on a credit card?
I think I remember someone saying they called and were told it couldn't be done by credit card

jl2032

Bronze

Post by jl2032 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:28 pm

Looks like they're working over the holiday break after all. Just got an email from Dean Brown regarding $.

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:29 pm

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:30 pm

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mattalones

Silver

Post by Mattalones » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:31 pm

jl2032 wrote:Looks like they're working over the holiday break after all. Just got an email from Dean Brown regarding $.
Was is asking your opinion about whether or not to give some to me? ... Put in a good word for me, jl2032 ;-)

jl2032

Bronze

Post by jl2032 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:33 pm

Mattalones wrote:
jl2032 wrote:Looks like they're working over the holiday break after all. Just got an email from Dean Brown regarding $.
Was is asking your opinion about whether or not to give some to me? ... Put in a good word for me, jl2032 ;-)
Will do! ... in my next email...

he offered me what looks like a lot of money over 3 years full time ... but I'm a PT applicant, so how would that work?

Mattalones

Silver

Post by Mattalones » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:38 pm

jl2032 wrote:
Mattalones wrote:

he offered me what looks like a lot of money over 3 years full time ... but I'm a PT applicant, so how would that work?
Dude, take it, and then use it as leverage to tak your way into the FT program!

Duh! ;-)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jl2032

Bronze

Post by jl2032 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:48 pm

Mattalones wrote:
jl2032 wrote:
Mattalones wrote:

Dude, take it, and then use it as leverage to tak your way into the FT program!

Duh! ;-)
The $20,000/yr is what I would have gotten if I had applied full time, and I think he just overlooked that I applied part time.

I just want to be able to graduate without debt and my job offered to pay salary plus part of the tuition if I do part time. I want Fordham to pay the rest of the tuition and maybe a bit more.

If they don't give me at least $15,000/yr part time, I'm going to UPenn.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:51 pm

jl2032 wrote:
The $20,000/yr is what I would have gotten if I had applied full time, and I think he just overlooked that I applied part time.

I just want to be able to graduate without debt and my job offered to pay salary plus part of the tuition if I do part time. I want Fordham to pay the rest of the tuition and maybe a bit more.

sounds like the right call. that way, you'll have time to give all of your time and attention to your ivy league studies!

jl2032

Bronze

Post by jl2032 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:58 pm

hannah87 wrote:
jl2032 wrote:

sounds like the right call. that way, you'll have time to give all of your time and attention to your ivy league studies!

So, are you thinking UVA??? or taking the Fordham money?

NYU needs to get back to us pronto... or not, I'll wait forever for both NYU and Columbia if it means an acceptance... at least I'll hear from Columbia within two or three weeks

Edit: Dean Brown just wrote back to say it was a typo. It's $20,000 per year for four years - total of $80,000.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:05 pm

jl2032 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
jl2032 wrote:

NYU needs to get back to us pronto... or not, I'll wait forever for both NYU and Columbia if it means an acceptance... at least I'll hear from Columbia within two or three weeks
i'm thinking Fordham because of the money and the fact that my husband and i would be able to stay in brooklyn/he'd be able to keep his job. it will kill me to withdraw from UVA though. :(

all of that is meaningless if i get into nyu (or cls, of course), though!! i'm rooting for you!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:12 pm

jl2032 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
jl2032 wrote:

Edit: Dean Brown just wrote back to say it was a typo. It's $20,000 per year for four years - total of $80,000.
Congrats on the money!

Question: If Penn is not an option due to financial reasons, why are NYU and Columbia options? I ask because I'm in a similar spot - I'm on hold at CLS and if they admit me life becomes confusing wrt quitting my job (not that I'm holding my breath for an acceptance). Is it just that the added prestige of these >>> Penn and is worth taking on debt/opportunity cost of working?

jl2032

Bronze

Post by jl2032 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:19 pm

tesoro wrote:
jl2032 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
jl2032 wrote:

Congrats on the money!

Question: If Penn is not an option due to financial reasons, why are NYU and Columbia options? I ask because I'm in a similar spot - I'm on hold at CLS and if they admit me life becomes confusing wrt quitting my job (not that I'm holding my breath for an acceptance). Is it just that the added prestige of these >>> Penn and is worth taking on debt/opportunity cost of working?

Penn is not an option because of its location. I just bought a house that I am in love with, and my family's here (not like a husband and kids, but my parents and siblings... we're super tight and even though my 'rents have their own place, they still live with me most of the year because we're actually THAT close). I wouldn't like to be without that support system.

I have my job here, which is nice. Columbia's always been my dream ever since I went there undergrad. NYU is amazing for tax law, which is what I want to do (the joint J.D./L.L.M. would be incredible). Here's hoping!

I need to decide where to put down my deposit now while those two make their minds up. Looks like it will be Fordham!!

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:24 pm

jl2032 wrote:
tesoro wrote: Congrats on the money!

Penn is not an option because of its location. I just bought a house that I am in love with, and my family's here (not like a husband and kids, but my parents and siblings... we're super tight and even though my 'rents have their own place, they still live with me most of the year because we're actually THAT close). I wouldn't like to be without that support system.

I have my job here, which is nice. Columbia's always been my dream ever since I went there undergrad. NYU is amazing for tax law, which is what I want to do (the joint J.D./L.L.M. would be incredible). Here's hoping!

I need to decide where to put down my deposit now while those two make their minds up. Looks like it will be Fordham!!
Gotcha! I totally get it - GULC/GWU/GMU/AU/Catholic (jesus, why is every well/decently well regarded PT program in DC...?) PT are not options for me for similar reasons - my whole life is in NYC, and I need to get back up there and out of DC.

Best of luck with CLS and NYU, but if not we're still both going to be in great hands at Fordham :).

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:25 pm

chutzpah wrote:
starsong wrote:
hannah87 wrote:I agree. Though I am forcing my husband to go to UVA ASW with me to try and convince him to move there with me. Still, I would never ever move there alone and leave him in NYC.

Remember, though, that sibley isn't married so that changes things a little. But not that much, because love is love :) .
Wow, brave soul willing to move to the South! Grew up there, wouldn't go below northern Virginia for a million dollars... :-)
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm from Queens and went to UVA for undergrad and it was awesome. WAHOOWAH!
I also have limited ability to remain neutral on the subject of UVA, though I have only visited. I loved it. I mean, I really loved it. It's hard to imagine a school with friendlier people or a better quality of life, and I say this as one supremely attached to my own school and my beloved city. I had a wonderful time down there, and if I were an applicant, I would seriously consider it. I really want to visit again.

EDIT: though of course Hannah should come to Fordham. :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”