Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kim617

Silver

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:50 pm

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote: 3) Going to see Alice in Wonderland tonight,
Me too! Can't wait to see it in 3D.

eeeeeep!!! at the good imax in manhattan?
Ha, no. I saw The Dark Knight in imax and almost vomited from motion sickness. I had first seen it a the opening midnight showing and seeing it in imax was cool but not worth the nausea. I'm sure it was a one time thing, but I chose against seeing Avatar in imax, too. So I'm going to see it where I live-- Staten Island! :D

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:51 pm

Thank you, Amazon.
Thank you SO MUCH for sending me an email, suggesting that I might be interested in purchasing the PowerScore Reading Comprehension Bible.
You tryin' to tell me something, Amazon?

Cardboardbox

Bronze

Post by Cardboardbox » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:51 pm

All of you going to see Alice are super lucky, I've gotta babysit my niece (and grandmother XD) this weekend. Atleast maybe I can go see it for free on Tuesday now and take advantage of the optimum rewards thing.

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:51 pm

sibley wrote:
I wonder if I can convince my bf to do this. He refuses to see imax in Westchester - I couldn't get him to go to Avatar with me and he ended up going in Manhattan later. Because he's a snob and the imaxes in westchester have too-small screens =P
Hahaha, that's great. This will actually be my boyfriend's first 3D movie since it changed from those weird red/blue glasses!

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:08 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:
I wonder if I can convince my bf to do this. He refuses to see imax in Westchester - I couldn't get him to go to Avatar with me and he ended up going in Manhattan later. Because he's a snob and the imaxes in westchester have too-small screens =P
Hahaha, that's great. This will actually be my boyfriend's first 3D movie since it changed from those weird red/blue glasses!
I'm very excited to see it as well. Never seen a 3D in IMAX before, I bet it's ridiculous.

Sibley, I didn't realize you were a fellow Westchester area person.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:17 pm

hello everyone! me weekend is pretty boring, but I DID start a home based business :) setting up the site as we speak..I ordered some samples of packaging so that I can get pictures taken of the products and then put them on the site. Hoping to launch mid-april. Am very excited :mrgreen: Its going to be cookies, brownies, truffles, macaroons, and bars. Wish me luck!

I am glad I will be part-time though, hopefully I will be able to keep this going throughout law school. Im hoping it adds enough income to help me pay for law school. atleast partially.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:19 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:
I'm very excited to see it as well. Never seen a 3D in IMAX before, I bet it's ridiculous.

Sibley, I didn't realize you were a fellow Westchester area person.
I'm not, that's just where his family is and I visit semi-frequently when he's there

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:19 pm

goosey wrote:hello everyone! me weekend is pretty boring, but I DID start a home based business :) setting up the site as we speak..I ordered some samples of packaging so that I can get pictures taken of the products and then put them on the site. Hoping to launch mid-april. Am very excited :mrgreen: Its going to be cookies, brownies, truffles, macaroons, and bars. Wish me luck!

I am glad I will be part-time though, hopefully I will be able to keep this going throughout law school. Im hoping it adds enough income to help me pay for law school. atleast partially.
Two business related questions:

1) Do your friends get a free sample?
2) If so, can we be friends?

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:23 pm

sibley wrote: I'm not, that's just where his family is and I visit semi-frequently when he's there
ohhh gotcha.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:27 pm

even2flow wrote:
goosey wrote:hello everyone! me weekend is pretty boring, but I DID start a home based business :) setting up the site as we speak..I ordered some samples of packaging so that I can get pictures taken of the products and then put them on the site. Hoping to launch mid-april. Am very excited :mrgreen: Its going to be cookies, brownies, truffles, macaroons, and bars. Wish me luck!

Two business related questions:

1) Do your friends get a free sample?
2) If so, can we be friends?

hahah sure!!!!!!
if i get into fordham, I am so baking them a cake with the fordham logo and delivering it. accept me fordham, so you can get your yummy cake! (i hope a hungry adcom is reading this)

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:30 pm

goosey wrote: hahah sure!!!!!!
if i get into fordham, I am so baking them a cake with the fordham logo and delivering it. accept me fordham, so you can get your yummy cake! (i hope a hungry adcom is reading this)
LOL - Congrats, Goosey!

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:30 pm

Good luck goosey!

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:37 pm

thanks nygrrrl and kim.

I am craving something sweet so bad, but Im on a diet (cuz I gained 50 pounds!!!) so I really shouldnt be eating anything sweet. sugar is my downfall. gahhh. Maybe ill go buy some fat free ice cream later. sweet tooth=the worst!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jl2032

Bronze

Post by jl2032 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:38 pm

For those of you thinking of IMAX in the city, do NOT go to the AMC on 42nd and 8th.

I saw Star Trek there with some friends... my first IMAX and we were NOT impressed...

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:39 pm

jl2032 wrote:For those of you thinking of IMAX in the city, do NOT go to the AMC on 42nd and 8th.

I saw Star Trek there with some friends... my first IMAX and we were NOT impressed...
the one I'm thinking of is hugeeeeeee

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:45 pm

goosey wrote:thanks nygrrrl and kim.

I am craving something sweet so bad, but Im on a diet (cuz I gained 50 pounds!!!) so I really shouldnt be eating anything sweet. sugar is my downfall. gahhh. Maybe ill go buy some fat free ice cream later. sweet tooth=the worst!
I gained 15 and am also on a diet... though it's not keeping me from eating reese's pieces right now =/

jl2032

Bronze

Post by jl2032 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:47 pm

sibley wrote:
jl2032 wrote:For those of you thinking of IMAX in the city, do NOT go to the AMC on 42nd and 8th.

That's probably the Lincoln Center AMC on 66th and Broadway. I heard it's probably the best in the city.

Another plus for Fordham location!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:49 pm

sibley wrote:

I gained 15 and am also on a diet... though it's not keeping me from eating reese's pieces right now =/
Reese's Peanut Butter cups are the best candy ever created.

There, I said it.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:52 pm

jl2032 wrote:
sibley wrote:

That's probably the Lincoln Center AMC on 66th and Broadway. I heard it's probably the best in the city.

the lincoln center one is the best. i saw harry potter 5 there :D

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:57 pm

sibley wrote:

It's so funny, because I've been going to a nutritionist since November (for medical purposes, not to lose weight) and the time before last that I saw her, she said that my sugar (i'm insulin resistant) and cholesterol were perfect, and that I'm perfect weight. So I go back the next time, and I gained two pounds in like 2 weeks, which doesn't seem like a lot, but it is for me, because I'm pretty short and petite, so I was like really pissed. She's like "what's changed since the last time?" and I'm thinking in my head that it's Fordham's fault that I ordered a chicken finger melt at the diner and got raisinettes (best candy--yeah I said it) at the movie theater. I am actually working on becoming a little underweight, so once law school starts I can stress eat without worrying about my weight. Seem like a good plan? I'm a pretty big pasta fiend, so this is probably the way I'm going.

Reese's are good, but raisinettes are God's gift to the world. And italian bread of course. A nice, big loaf of italian bread dipped in olive oil, salt, and pepper. MMM.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:58 pm

hannah87 wrote:
jl2032 wrote:
sibley wrote:

I saw Dark Knight there. It's pretty amazing, besides the motion sickness which is really only my problem LOL

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:00 pm

Kim617 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
jl2032 wrote:

I saw Dark Knight there. It's pretty amazing, besides the motion sickness which is really only my problem LOL
i heard Avatar is really bad for those prone to motion sickness (which i am), but i'm dying to see it there! if i go this weekend, i'll let you know if it's really that awful :wink:

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:00 pm

PS just checked the weather for nyc this weekend-- it's gonna be in the 50s party people! that's like summer!

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:01 pm

Kim617 wrote: And italian bread of course. A nice, big loaf of italian bread dipped in olive oil, salt, and pepper. MMM.
Take about 2 spoonfuls of freshly shredded parmesean cheese and pour olive oil around it and dip your bread it that. Your head might explode.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:01 pm

Kim617 wrote:PS just checked the weather for nyc this weekend-- it's gonna be in the 50s party people! that's like summer!

yay!!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”