Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nygrrrl

Gold

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by nygrrrl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:19 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote: oh no no no!!!!! i didn't mean it like that!!!!! just that we're all pulling for you!!!!
Oh - OK. I know I walk a fine line between "character" and "annoying"!
:mrgreen: (Thanks, H.E. - I love that we're all pulling for one another, in this thread!)

J-tow10

Bronze

Post by J-tow10 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:24 pm

Wow, 120 pages! Haven't been to this thread in a while.

Funny story: So in mailing Fordham my WL form and LOCI, I forgot to put a stamp on the envelope. It has yet to be returned to me. FAIL.

Zapatero

Silver

Post by Zapatero » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:35 pm

J-tow10 wrote:Wow, 120 pages! Haven't been to this thread in a while.

Funny story: So in mailing Fordham my WL form and LOCI, I forgot to put a stamp on the envelope. It has yet to be returned to me. FAIL.
--ImageRemoved--

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:40 pm

knickfan

Bronze

Post by knickfan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:02 am

This thread definetely has the most camaraderie. The 'feel-good' thread of TLS.....gotta love that everyone is pulling for one another

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:40 am

I love being at work at the crack of dawn. Morning everyone.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:43 am

even2flow wrote:I love being at work at the crack of dawn. Morning everyone.

Right here with you. Had to drive through the snow to get here, too!

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:17 am

Are people submitting their LOCIs including updates on decisions from other schools? They do ask about this on the application after all, it seems like they might appreciate it.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:28 am

beef wellington wrote:Are people submitting their LOCIs including updates on decisions from other schools? They do ask about this on the application after all, it seems like they might appreciate it.
There was a thread posted here a while back from OS where she had a copy of her LOCI, and she mentioned that she had acceptances from other schools, but didn't mention them by name. I could see that it would make sense to say you have other options but this is still the place I care about and where I really want to go.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:33 am

beef wellington wrote:Are people submitting their LOCIs including updates on decisions from other schools? They do ask about this on the application after all, it seems like they might appreciate it.
It seems like the tactful thing to write is something like, "I have already received offers from other great schools, however your school is still my top/one of my top choices."

But maybe you can say to them, "Hey dudes, I'm in at XXX Top 14 School, and while I am interested in attending XXX, Fordham is still my number 1 for reasons A, B, C."

I don't know. I think LOCIs are mainly just to let the school know you're still interested in receiving an offer, and a chance for them to gauge how serious you are about accepting an offer. I can see how updating them on specific schools could either benefit or hinder your chances. It probably also depends how you phrase it in the letter. Writing "No big deal, bros, but I got into NYU, but those fools aren't offering me any scholly. So screw them! Come on, Fordham, you know I love you...please don't YP me," probably won't reflect as favorably as, "While I received an acceptance from NYU, I still feel Fordham is the right fit for me because of its location uptown and the wonderful interactions I've had with Fordham students and graduates in my personal and professional life."

Wow, I write a lot.

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:37 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
There was a thread posted here a while back from OS where she had a copy of her LOCI, and she mentioned that she had acceptances from other schools, but didn't mention them by name. I could see that it would make sense to say you have other options but this is still the place I care about and where I really want to go.
Well it would immediately become my most attractive offer (I like Fordham sticker over UMN $$) but I've got a few pending apps and a few other WLs that would cause me to withdraw here...there's no tactful way to say all this is there?

Thanks for the replies.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:43 am

beef wellington wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Well it would immediately become my most attractive offer (I like Fordham sticker over UMN $$) but I've got a few pending apps and a few other WLs that would cause me to withdraw here...there's no tactful way to say all this is there?

Thanks for the replies.
Well if there are still offers that you would accept over Fordham, you could still tactfully tell them that Fordham remains a place you are very interested in attending, just be careful how you word it so you don't make it sound like you will definitely go to Fordham if they accept you, regardless of what the other schools do.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:56 am

VLADIMIR: So there you are again.
ESTRAGON: Am I?
VLADIMIR: I'm glad to see you back. I thought you were gone forever.
ESTRAGON: Me too.
VLADIMIR: Together again at last! We'll have to celebrate this. But how? (he reflects) Get up till I embrace you.
ESTRAGON: (irritably) Not now, not now.

Morning, Party People. :mrgreen:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

newlaw77

New

Post by newlaw77 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:16 am

So todays my birthday, I have been complete since 12/9. Will I get the best birthday present I have ever received from Fordham today?

AlanShore

Silver

Post by AlanShore » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:17 am

newlaw77 wrote:So todays my birthday, I have been complete since 12/9. Will I get the best birthday present I have ever received from Fordham today?
i didnt get a present from fordham on my birthday. :( they must have forgotten!!

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:18 am

AlanShore wrote:
newlaw77 wrote:So todays my birthday, I have been complete since 12/9. Will I get the best birthday present I have ever received from Fordham today?
i didnt get a present from fordham on my birthday. :( they must have forgotten!!
If I have to wait until MY birthday to hear anything, I will probably kill myself.

[born some time in the summer]

knickfan

Bronze

Post by knickfan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:22 am

Happy Birthday! Good Luck.. Today I think is going to be a BIG day out of of Fordham, I feel it..

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:22 am

SAE wrote:
AlanShore wrote:
If I have to wait until MY birthday to hear anything, I will probably kill myself.

[born some time in the summer]
+1

newlaw77

New

Post by newlaw77 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:24 am

Don't worry AS I hear their belated presents are just incredible.

AlanShore

Silver

Post by AlanShore » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:24 am

knickfan wrote:
Happy Birthday! Good Luck.. Today I think is going to be a BIG day out of of Fordham, I feel it..
I say that every day and it hasnt come true.

AlanShore

Silver

Post by AlanShore » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:24 am

also HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU newlaw.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

newlaw77

New

Post by newlaw77 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:25 am

knickfan wrote:

Thanks knickfan! I hope your right!

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:27 am

There's a 2/2 and a 2/3 acceptance on LSN (fwiw).

Will the floodgates open today?

newlaw77

New

Post by newlaw77 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:29 am

SAE wrote:There's a 2/2 and a 2/3 acceptance on LSN (fwiw).

Wawawa what, see AlanShore maybe our collective will is helping your predictions. and Thank you

AlanShore

Silver

Post by AlanShore » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:29 am

SAE wrote:There's a 2/2 and a 2/3 acceptance on LSN (fwiw).

from this cycle?????

the floodgates have to open at some point........... im thinking this week. esp for those who applied in nov and early dec

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”