Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nygrrrl

Gold

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:09 pm

finalaspects wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
tram988 wrote: absolutely...pm'd....I noticed that as well...there is no other person on LSN to my knowledge right now who was accepted PT. Am I the first? An honor I must say.
Um... meluvmuzic was accepted PT on 11/6 with 166/3.15

so was Tesoro on 11/6 with a 165/3.52
Didn't realize they were PT.
There is a search function on LSN. You can do a search based only on PT. There was a 3rd person accepted PT as well almost over a month ago.
Ah cool - thanks!

beebs

Bronze

Post by beebs » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:11 pm

Congrats to everyone who was accepted today! I knew our haikus and songs would garner some acceptances from the admissions office. 8)

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:12 pm

beebs wrote:Congrats to everyone who was accepted today! I knew our haikus and songs would garner some acceptances from the admissions office. 8)
Haha yes I must thank you all for those magnificent haikus.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:14 pm

Fordham we thank you -
You have brought much joy, today.
Keep up the good work.

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:02 pm

Congrats to all of today's admits!

If any of you receive an offer for financial aid when you receive your letter in the mail, please update the thread! I don't need you to disclose the amount, I'm just trying to figure out if unsolicited aid is coming or if it only arrives with the acceptance letter.

Good luck to all those still waiting!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:05 pm

tesoro wrote:Congrats to all of today's admits!

If any of you receive an offer for financial aid when you receive your letter in the mail, please update the thread! I don't need you to disclose the amount, I'm just trying to figure out if unsolicited aid is coming or if it only arrives with the acceptance letter.

Good luck to all those still waiting!
Will do. Anyone know what address its going to? Perm or current?

alm2127

New

Post by alm2127 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:06 pm

my acceptance letter went to permanent address. i haven't gotten the packet yet, but would guess that's probably going to go there too then.

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:08 pm

alm2127 wrote:my acceptance letter went to permanent address. i haven't gotten the packet yet, but would guess that's probably going to go there too then.
My acceptance letter went to my temporary address. I don't think the big admissions packets have been mailed yet to anybody - my letter says they're coming "in a few weeks" (as of 11/6).

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:32 pm

Congrats to everyone who got in today!!

I, on the other hand, am about to give up on Fordham... I felt that I had a very good shot ("strong consider/ admit" on lsp), but now it feels like Fordham really doesn't want me :(

If that's the case it'll me a blow to my ego like whoa.. along with the probable Georgetown rejection of 12/1.. still waiting for that letter, but pretty sure i'm out at GULC

this admissions game is killing me. :cry:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:39 pm

SanBun wrote:Congrats to everyone who got in today!!

I, on the other hand, am about to give up on Fordham... I felt that I had a very good shot ("strong consider/ admit" on lsp), but now it feels like Fordham really doesn't want me :(

If that's the case it'll me a blow to my ego like whoa.. along with the probable Georgetown rejection of 12/1.. still waiting for that letter, but pretty sure i'm out at GULC

With those #'s youre fine..Dont you worry my friend..your day will come.

beebs

Bronze

Post by beebs » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:28 pm

SanBun wrote:Congrats to everyone who got in today!!

Don't get down. Chin up, kid!

You submitted 10/29, and no one who submitted after 10/24 has received a decision yet. It's looking like they are going by date submitted as to who gets decisions first. Unlike GTown, which has no method to their madness.

Good things are on the way!

dms87

Bronze

Post by dms87 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:46 pm

Core wrote:In at Fordham via online status checker just now! Stats and dates on LSN.
What's your handle on LSN? I didn't see anything under "Core".

P.S. Crime Scene: Scene of the Crime

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:02 am

dms87 wrote:
Core wrote:In at Fordham via online status checker just now! Stats and dates on LSN.
What's your handle on LSN? I didn't see anything under "Core".

P.S. Crime Scene: Scene of the Crime
Hint: eliforP

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

march319

New

Post by march319 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:05 am

For those who applied EA and have yet to receive a decision, what does your status checker say? Mine says "Your application is complete." Is this what it is supposed to say at this EA stage? Or do other people have "Under review" or "Decision pending" or anything else like that?

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:07 am

march319 wrote:For those who applied EA and have yet to receive a decision, what does your status checker say? Mine says "Your application is complete." Is this what it is supposed to say at this EA stage? Or do other people have "Under review" or "Decision pending" or anything else like that?
it says complete and doesn't change until you get your decision

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:07 am

Congratulations to all of today's admits! You guys should come to Fordham at noon on the 7th. That will be my final official tour, and I really want to show off my beloved school.

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:08 am

tram988 wrote:
With those #'s youre fine..Dont you worry my friend..your day will come.
beebs wrote:

Don't get down. Chin up, kid!

You submitted 10/29, and no one who submitted after 10/24 has received a decision yet. It's looking like they are going by date submitted as to who gets decisions first. Unlike GTown, which has no method to their madness.

Good things are on the way!
Thanks you guys! It's good to hear such positive things when I'm down! As much as this forum drives me crazy at times, I love being able to talk to people that are going through the same things, and are actually willing to discuss this.. A bunch of people I know are applying this cycle but they don't seem to eager to talk about it... It's more like they've been avoiding me :?

but this is great, thanks!

P.S.: Seriously, if the entering class is half as cool as the people here, then it'll be an easy decision for me :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

monkey85

Bronze

Post by monkey85 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:33 am

For those admitted: Did you all actually answer the application section "other law schools applied to" or did you leave it blank?

Would be interesting to know whether answering that truly is harmless or whether it slows down the application. Congrats on Fordham, btw!

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:33 am

monkey85 wrote:For those admitted: Did you all actually answer the application section "other law schools applied to" or did you leave it blank?

Would be interesting to know whether answering that truly is harmless or whether it slows down the application. Congrats on Fordham, btw!
I answered it.

js87

Bronze

Post by js87 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:34 am

JUST GOT ACCEPTED VIA EMAIL! Yes, at 11:30 PM. They're burning the midnight oil! Either that, or my email is significantly delayed.

Accepted to Full time
Originally complete 11/2/09 I believe
I'm a REAPPLICANT, which makes it a sweet victory. I was waitlisted and ultimately rejected with a 161 (3.75 GPA) last year. Retook the LSAT, scored a 171, and was accepted this year!

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:36 am

js87 wrote:JUST GOT ACCEPTED VIA EMAIL! Yes, at 11:30 PM. They're burning the midnight oil! Either that, or my email is significantly delayed.

Accepted to Full time
I'm a REAPPLICANT, which makes it a sweet victory. I was waitlisted and ultimately rejected with a 161 (3.75 GPA) last year. Retook the LSAT, scored a 171, and was accepted this year!
Did you check your status checker? I was accepted around 5pm via status checker and just received that email as well. Great news. Congrats!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

js87

Bronze

Post by js87 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:37 am

tram988 wrote:
js87 wrote:JUST GOT ACCEPTED VIA EMAIL! Yes, at 11:30 PM. They're burning the midnight oil! Either that, or my email is significantly delayed.

Accepted to Full time
Did you check your status checker? I was accepted around 5pm via status checker and just received that email as well. Great news. Congrats!!
Thanks! I must have checked it 3 or 4 times today while at work. I probably last checked it around 4:30 and figured "Well, it's the end of the day. Nothing will happen after this." :p

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:39 am

haha wow! Thats great news though!! Is Fordham a top choice for you?

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:42 am

CONGRATS! Good to see there's some movement, I'm really happy for you guys despite lack of any answer for me so far! AWESOME NEWS FOR YOU GUYS!!! :mrgreen:

dms87

Bronze

Post by dms87 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:58 am

Accepted to Full time
Congrats! You are my stats twin.

Did you apply EA to Fordham?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”