Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kim617

Silver

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by Kim617 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:05 pm

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
td6624 wrote:um

my status just updated to 2/18

does this mean anything???
UGH WHY DID I GIVE UP THE STATUS CHECKER FOR LENT?! I'm dying to check mine!
1) Great Satchmo, that is an option. But I'm doing okay between my laptop (which, incidentally Kim, occasionally dies of heat exhaustion) and my ipod touch. I really NEED a laptop that will let me play sims 3... at least until September. so I'll wait =P

2) I'm pretty sure what you give up for lent is supposed to be difficult! plus we can all help you out, even that meany who didn't give enough details right there. you know shabbos goys? we'll be your lent jews. even if we're not jewish. still stands.

edit: I just made my first ever bill payment by check! the rest go straight from my account. checks are very confusing.
haha i know, but this is like a sacrifice of isaac proportions!

i've never even written a check. except when i was like 6 and i played "store" with my cousin, and my mom gave us her old check book to play with.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:07 pm

Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
td6624 wrote:um

my status just updated to 2/18

does this mean anything???
UGH WHY DID I GIVE UP THE STATUS CHECKER FOR LENT?! I'm dying to check mine!
1) Great Satchmo, that is an option. But I'm doing okay between my laptop (which, incidentally Kim, occasionally dies of heat exhaustion) and my ipod touch. I really NEED a laptop that will let me play sims 3... at least until September. so I'll wait =P

2) I'm pretty sure what you give up for lent is supposed to be difficult! plus we can all help you out, even that meany who didn't give enough details right there. you know shabbos goys? we'll be your lent jews. even if we're not jewish. still stands.

edit: I just made my first ever bill payment by check! the rest go straight from my account. checks are very confusing.
haha i know, but this is like a sacrifice of isaac proportions!

i've never even written a check. except when i was like 6 and i played "store" with my cousin, and my mom gave us her old check book to play with.

they taught us how in middle school =) it's so obsolete. little did they know.

and... isn't isaac the one who was told to kill his son? he was never actually supposed to do it... just to go about like he was going to do it... right? so if some factor steps in and makes you check your status...as in, tons of people posting on here,... you're supposed to too, right?

td6624

Silver

Post by td6624 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:11 pm

sibley wrote:

and... isn't isaac the one who was told to kill his son? he was never actually supposed to do it... just to go about like he was going to do it... right? so if some factor steps in and makes you check your status...as in, tons of people posting on here,... you're supposed to too, right?
Isaac was the son, I'm fairly sure. Abraham was the dude who was going to murder him.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:13 pm

td6624 wrote:
sibley wrote:

Isaac was the son, I'm fairly sure. Abraham was the dude who was going to murder him.
oh. I thought Abraham only wrestled because his wife needed to convert or something?

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:20 pm

sibley wrote:
td6624 wrote:
sibley wrote:

oh. I thought Abraham only wrestled because his wife needed to convert or something?
isaac was the son. God told abraham to kill isaac just to test his faith. and then when he was about to do it God was like "oh hey no jk lol!" and made him kill a ram instead.

and i don't know if lent really has a loophole lol

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:23 pm

wait so if you get accepted/waitlisted/rejected, fordham will let you know, right? like i'm not just relying on a status checker, they'll send me an email? this was the worst effin idea ever.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:45 pm

Kim617 wrote:wait so if you get accepted/waitlisted/rejected, fordham will let you know, right? like i'm not just relying on a status checker, they'll send me an email? this was the worst effin idea ever.

=0

Call Fordham and tell them you need to be notified for religious reasons!

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:55 pm

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:wait so if you get accepted/waitlisted/rejected, fordham will let you know, right? like i'm not just relying on a status checker, they'll send me an email? this was the worst effin idea ever.

=0

Call Fordham and tell them you need to be notified for religious reasons!
they should understand, they're a jesuit school!

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:00 pm

Kim617 wrote:[
Ya, no Lent Goys (Lent Jews?) for us. Ha ha.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:29 pm

It took them over two weeks to mail me my WL letter after the status checker had notified me. No email.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:42 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
OMG I'm so dense. You can cheat during lent on Sundays! Sunday, I am checking my status checker. Yeah Fordham, I'm looking at you!

Matteliszt

Silver

Post by Matteliszt » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 pm

WL 2/12 no letter in the mail yet, no email. 163/3.43

Looks like you and I are flying standby Beef :)

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 pm

Kim617 wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
OMG I'm so dense. You can cheat during lent on Sundays! Sunday, I am checking my status checker. Yeah Fordham, I'm looking at you!
LOL, different church than the one I was raised in but WHATEVER WORKS, FOR YOU!!! (gotta keep your sanity here - most important thing!)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:02 pm

Well, my lambs... another day down.
What do we think, about tomorrow?
Any chance at the Evening/PT list moving? Iono.
My guess is, if we don't hear anything tomorrow, we can all relax until after the 1st....
Have a good night, all!!! :mrgreen:

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:04 pm

so I'm not a Christian and I didnt have to give up anything for lent. is it cheating if I check your status for you? haha

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:06 pm

goosey wrote:so I'm not a Christian and I didnt have to give up anything for lent. is it cheating if I check your status for you? haha
this is my shabbos goy idea!

shabbos goy --> lent jew/other sort of heretic

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:10 pm

sibley wrote:
goosey wrote:so I'm not a Christian and I didnt have to give up anything for lent. is it cheating if I check your status for you? haha

lol. reminds me of the sabbath elevators--very clever.

we just saw a very depressing presentation on the holocaust and I was amazed at how ugly human beings can actually be. I mean, I am reminded every now and then when I hear about some guy molesting a 3 yr old or something, but this is like..mass ugliness. its just no match :?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:14 pm

goosey wrote:
sibley wrote:

we just saw a very depressing presentation on the holocaust and I was amazed at how ugly human beings can actually be. I mean, I am reminded every now and then when I hear about some guy molesting a 3 yr old or something, but this is like..mass ugliness. its just no match :?
whoaaaa I had to google that elevator! all I know is in the old days they used to hire neighborhood kids to come short off the lights. obviously they'd be paid on another day too...

as for holocaust... kind of happening now in several africans countries, yeah? only difference is they have (somehow. despite the 70something year difference) less ability to communicate with the outside world.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:42 pm

sibley wrote:
goosey wrote:
sibley wrote:

whoaaaa I had to google that elevator! all I know is in the old days they used to hire neighborhood kids to come short off the lights. obviously they'd be paid on another day too...

as for holocaust... kind of happening now in several africans countries, yeah? only difference is they have (somehow. despite the 70something year difference) less ability to communicate with the outside world.
i think the difference is that two ethnic groups are killing each other (in the case of rwanda, not sure about sudan, though the UN still continues to deny that its a genocide, the UN is the most impotent organization in the world, nevermind), whereas in the case of the holocaust is was the a dictator and his government exterminating ethnic groups, the handicapped, homosexuals, and anyone else he could blame germany's economic problems on. and in fact that would have been further ignored as well, but he decided to invade poland and of course territorial expansion is just unacceptable. everyone ignored the ussr's mass atrocities and the mass murders of communist china and cuba; saddam hussein murdered hundreds of thousands. why is that so easy for people to ignore i wonder? a professor of mine last semester was cursing the united states for not getting more involved in africa, but in all honesty, anything short of an invasion would be futile. ah, i'm going off on a tangent. i just have an extreme interest in war crimes/genocide and why they happen. i'm going to bow out and watch listen to taylor swift. she makes me happy.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:42 pm

haha yes, yes i think that would be cheating.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:45 pm

Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:
goosey wrote:
sibley wrote: this is my shabbos goy idea!

i think the difference is that two ethnic groups are killing each other (in the case of rwanda, not sure about sudan, though the UN still continues to deny that its a genocide, the UN is the most impotent organization in the world, nevermind), whereas in the case of the holocaust is was the a dictator and his government exterminating ethnic groups, the handicapped, homosexuals, and anyone else he could blame germany's economic problems on. and in fact that would have been further ignored as well, but he decided to invade poland and of course territorial expansion is just unacceptable. everyone ignored the ussr's mass atrocities and the mass murders of communist china and cuba; saddam hussein murdered hundreds of thousands. why is that so easy for people to ignore i wonder? a professor of mine last semester was cursing the united states for not getting more involved in africa, but in all honesty, anything short of an invasion would be futile. ah, i'm going off on a tangent. i just have an extreme interest in war crimes/genocide and why they happen. i'm going to bow out and watch listen to taylor swift. she makes me happy.

Ok I'll finish for you
....and we obviously can't invade because that brings up issues of sovereignty which supersede issues of human rights because humans don't run the world sovereigns do.
k the end!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:47 pm

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:
goosey wrote:

Ok I'll finish for you
....and we obviously can't invade because that brings up issues of sovereignty which supersede issues of human rights because humans don't run the world sovereigns do.
k the end!
haha there you go!

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:37 am

Jesus, heavy talk last night. What happened to all the haikus?

Sitting at my desk
Another day of working
Someone just farted

umichgrad

Bronze

Post by umichgrad » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:36 am

hey party people
another day of waiting
hurrah hurrah-hey

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:37 am

rockthelaw wrote:Jesus, heavy talk last night. What happened to all the haikus?

Sitting at my desk
Another day of working
Someone just farted
HAHAHA - excellent.
And for what it's worth, regarding checks? I run my own company and we write checks, every day.
It's not entirely obsolete... !!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”