Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:57 am

Morning all. Generic statement about hearing news today.

fitzgerald86

New

Post by fitzgerald86 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:57 am

Curious: does anyone know if e-mails sent to the admissions office w/ info. related to our applications are automatically added to our files? Or do you have to specifically request this?

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:04 am

fitzgerald86 wrote:Curious: does anyone know if e-mails sent to the admissions office w/ info. related to our applications are automatically added to our files? Or do you have to specifically request this?
What type of info?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:06 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
fitzgerald86 wrote:Curious: does anyone know if e-mails sent to the admissions office w/ info. related to our applications are automatically added to our files? Or do you have to specifically request this?
What type of info?

Good question. It's not actually that unlikely that they woudn't print off all of our emails and stick them on a correspondence tab in our files.

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:06 am

Not 100 percent sure, but I think if you write in the body of the email or in the subject line that you want the info to be added to your file, it will be. I bet they'll add any information you send them even without such a declaration. I mean, if you send an updated resume or something, I doubt someone is going to look at it and say, "Thanks for sending this, but you didn't say you wanted it added to the file, so muahaha FAIL." They've been doing this for a few years, so they know what's up.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fitzgerald86

New

Post by fitzgerald86 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:10 am

I wrote an e-mail saying Fordham was my top choice, and that if accepted, I'd withdraw my other applications and attend. I got a very nice e-mail back from an admissions assistant saying "Thank you, and good luck!" But, nothing indicated it'd be placed in my file.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:14 am

fitzgerald86 wrote:I wrote an e-mail saying Fordham was my top choice, and that if accepted, I'd withdraw my other applications and attend. I got a very nice e-mail back from an admissions assistant saying "Thank you, and good luck!" But, nothing indicated it'd be placed in my file.
I would imagine that they would either put it in there or at least make a note that you wrote something.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:16 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
fitzgerald86 wrote:I wrote an e-mail saying Fordham was my top choice, and that if accepted, I'd withdraw my other applications and attend. I got a very nice e-mail back from an admissions assistant saying "Thank you, and good luck!" But, nothing indicated it'd be placed in my file.
I would imagine that they would either put it in there or at least make a note that you wrote something.
I think "Thank you" is used anthropologically to convey that something was collected, that you added to their information and that they then performed an action based on your addition. If they'd just said "Good luck!" they would have both seemed rude and clearly have not added it...

fitzgerald86

New

Post by fitzgerald86 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:37 am

I suppose the consensus is that this was added and I need not pester them again!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:01 am

Yes, I think you're good to go.

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:25 pm

Slow day, huh? Is everyone working or something?

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:26 pm

even2flow wrote:Slow day, huh? Is everyone working or something?
Ha, I'm just coming up for air after reviewing documents...yeah, working at work...

chameleon

New

Post by chameleon » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:27 pm

i didn't really think i had a shot at fordham, but i just got accepted w/money to UIUC, which is ranked higher ... does this bode well for my fordham app, or should i go back to hoping for a waitlist at best?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:30 pm

chameleon wrote:i didn't really think i had a shot at fordham, but i just got accepted w/money to UIUC, which is ranked higher ... does this bode well for my fordham app, or should i go back to hoping for a waitlist at best?
The worst thing that's gonna happen if you hope for acceptance and get waitlisted is that you'll get your feelings hurt. Best to stay positive. I did a quick stalking of your stats and you've got a strong LSAT which they'll probably drool over. I'd say you got a shot.

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:31 pm

chameleon wrote:i didn't really think i had a shot at fordham, but i just got accepted w/money to UIUC, which is ranked higher ... does this bode well for my fordham app, or should i go back to hoping for a waitlist at best?
Hard to tell. Based on the LSN graph for Fordham, no one with your number combination (assuming what you have in your profile is accurate) has been accepted to Fordham this year, nor was anyone accepted last year. Not that LSN is 100% accurate, of course. Also, UIUC's graph seems to indicate that an LSAT over 167 can do the admissions trick.

jbrowning82

Bronze

Post by jbrowning82 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:33 pm

I got waitlisted at fordham and got 30k/yr at UIUC as well. Who knows why these things work out the way they do.

carlkenneth

Bronze

Post by carlkenneth » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:35 pm

Arrrrrgggghhh! Why are you taking sooo long Fordham? For the love of God...why?!

(Sorry had to get that out. They're the only school in which my app is still pending)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:38 pm

carlkenneth wrote:Arrrrrgggghhh! Why are you taking sooo long Fordham? For the love of God...why?!

(Sorry had to get that out. They're the only school in which my app is still pending)
consider yourself lucky!

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:43 pm

LOL - ya, working like a dog today. Sad that it's such an unusual occurrence, isn't it? :lol:

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:45 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
LOL - ya, working like a dog today. Sad that it's such an unusual occurrence, isn't it? :lol:

Lol I was just thinking this thread was unnaturally quiet. I took off work today to try to find a doctor who was actually accepting new patients (2.5 hours later I found one... a half hour from my house, and an appt March 1, but better than nothing). Now I'm fixing my FAFSA and harrassing Hastings until they realize how silly they were to YP me and fix it.

Here, I will share the cookies I gave to Dozo.
--ImageRemoved--
Last edited by sibley on Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:46 pm

sibley wrote:
carlkenneth wrote:Arrrrrgggghhh! Why are you taking sooo long Fordham? For the love of God...why?!

consider yourself lucky!
Ha, seriously.
nygrrrl wrote:
LOL - ya, working like a dog today.
Ohhhhh, what's that like?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:47 pm

Not busy, just so freakin bored.

Though I did pass the morning by listening to the speeches at CPAC in DC this morning.

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:48 pm

sibley, we never clarified here...when can I expect my cookies? Nygrrrl has openly told me that she hates me and doesn't want to send me any.

By 'openly' of course I mean ignored my plea for free cookies :wink:

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:49 pm

Some days my job really makes me feel like this (and some days, I actually do similar things):

Peter Gibbons: Well see, they wrote all this bank software, and, uh, to save space, they used two digits instead of four. So, like 98 instead of 1998? Uh... so I go through these thousands of lines of code and, uh... it doesn't really matter. I uh... I don't like my job, and, uh... I don't think I'm gonna go anymore.

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:49 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Not busy, just so freakin bored.

Though I did pass the morning by listening to the speeches at CPAC in DC this morning.
More productive than me, I've been trolling facebook looking for a new profile picture.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”