Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sibley

Gold

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:53 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
sibley wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
scc430 wrote:I think most people on this thread already know their status but for any 1/29 complete ppl....in via status checker today! Check your statuses!
So, in theory, I should know in a week (2/5 complete).
theory v. practice....

saint c aren't you supposed to be at wash u today??
Not me. I didn't apply to WashU, though with this cycle, I am now feeling like I should have. At this point, Illinois is the front-runner, which puts my girlfriend in a difficult spot trying to get a job to pay her bills.
I'm jealous of your mobile girlfriend. Stupid undergrad clinging on to my boyfriend.... stupid CityYear and Take 5 =(

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:55 pm

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:56 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
sibley wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote: I'm jealous of your mobile girlfriend. Stupid undergrad clinging on to my boyfriend.... stupid CityYear and Take 5 =(
Well, since I moved from Illinois to NYC to be with her, I figure she owes me a return favor.
what do I do? threaten the existence of my relationship by moving to the midwest? or stick out the fordham waitlist and pay sticker if I manage to get in? (11k off of wustl)

scc430

New

Post by scc430 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:57 pm

sibley wrote:
scc430 wrote:I think most people on this thread already know their status but for any 1/29 complete ppl....in via status checker today! Check your statuses!
congrats =)! what are your stats?

169/3.53...I got a 160 the first time around though but I guess fordham just takes highest?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:58 pm

scc430 wrote:
sibley wrote:
congrats =)! what are your stats?

169/3.53...I got a 160 the first time around though but I guess fordham just takes highest?
I hope they just take the highest. no way I'm getting off of the WL otherwise.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:59 pm

Fordham is like hmmmn....

That kinda attractive/shy girl you never pay any attention to at work. Then one day you guys end up at a mutual friend's party and you're both kinda tipsy and a few hours later you find yourself in bed with her and also amazed she had such a wild side. You may or may not have other interests (you most likely do, but you're not holding out hope) , on the other hand, the sex was pretty good and she doesn't look too bad in the morning either! She leaves before you wake up but she left her number and while you don't text her that day, you send her one the next day to get coffee. After coffee you realize she's actually quite cool and you ask your friends about her and no one has anything really bad to say about her, save for this one dude who tried dating her but came into the relationship with sky high expectations. You grow more and more comfortable with the idea of spending a significant amount of time with her and you are now seriously pondering whether or not to pop the question to her....

I'd keep writing but I haven't gotten past the last stage....

andreea7

Bronze

Post by andreea7 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:03 pm

Thanks for the tip! I am in as well, but the April 15 deposit is a bit too soon considering that people are waiting on financial aid decisions in April.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:06 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:Fordham is like hmmmn....

That kinda attractive/shy girl you never pay any attention to at work. Then one day you guys end up at a mutual friend's party and you're both kinda tipsy and a few hours later you find yourself in bed with her and also amazed she had such a wild side. You may or may not have other interests (you most likely do, but you're not holding out hope) , on the other hand, the sex was pretty good and she doesn't look too bad in the morning either! She leaves before you wake up but she left her number and while you don't text her that day, you send her one the next day to get coffee. After coffee you realize she's actually quite cool and you ask your friends about her and no one has anything really bad to say about her, save for this one dude who tried dating her but came into the relationship with sky high expectations. You grow more and more comfortable with the idea of spending a significant amount of time with her and you are now seriously pondering whether or not to pop the question to her....

I like you.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:07 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:Fordham is like hmmmn....

Fordham is like that super hot broad I paid way too much attention to four months ago, who then rejected me and went on to sleep with everyone else I work with, but the decided to reconsider and said "maybe we'll grab coffee or something at some point" only she never returns my calls / txts and here I am, sitting here just like Lloyd Christmas, hanging desperately onto that "one-in-a-million talk" while the world passes me by...
Last edited by H. E. Pennypacker on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chutzpah

Bronze

Post by chutzpah » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:08 pm

sibley wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
sibley wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote: I'm jealous of your mobile girlfriend. Stupid undergrad clinging on to my boyfriend.... stupid CityYear and Take 5 =(
Well, since I moved from Illinois to NYC to be with her, I figure she owes me a return favor.
what do I do? threaten the existence of my relationship by moving to the midwest? or stick out the fordham waitlist and pay sticker if I manage to get in? (11k off of wustl)
These things are deeply personal, obviously, and long distance relationships take a lot of work. That said, being unhappy could also threaten your relationship and if you see yourself happier (however you define that) at WUSTL then your bf should understand.

tigrelis

New

Post by tigrelis » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:10 pm

Last edited by tigrelis on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:10 pm

chutzpah wrote:
sibley wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
sibley wrote: Well, since I moved from Illinois to NYC to be with her, I figure she owes me a return favor.
These things are deeply personal, obviously, and long distance relationships take a lot of work. That said, being unhappy could also threaten your relationship and if you see yourself happier (however you define that) at WUSTL then your bf should understand.
I'm big on interpersonal relationships. I loved college, but I loved it more with him there... ugh... It's probalby against the rules to admit this... but if I had to pick him or a law school I'd pick him. you know, provided I had alternatives that weren't too terrible. but it's just weird to give up $$$ at a top 20 for a 30 at sticker... especially when I went into this whole process REFUSING to pay sticker.

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:14 pm

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:15 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
sibley wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote: Well, since I moved from Illinois to NYC to be with her, I figure she owes me a return favor.
Me, I love the midwest. I miss it immensely. I think the problem is that with fordham sticker, you're going to be stuck with the golden handcuffs and be chained to NYC. If that's what you want, sure, go for it. Me, I can only take so much of NYC, and I'm ready to head back unless I get in at Columbia or get a serious tuition break at Fordham. I don't think you can raise a family here (not in the way I'd like, anyway - I know people do it all the time), and I miss Midwestern sensibilities. I miss being able to just hop in the car and drive to the store. I miss really good friends - the kind you see twice a week instead of four times a year. I miss living in a place where not everything was about money.

But that's just me. It could be totally different for you. I *LOVE* the WUSTL campus, and my g/f grew up in STL. It's a really nice place to be. But if NYC is your thing, you should do Fordham. I think the s/o thing is more about what you want at this stage. First, evaluate where you would go if you didn't have anything tying you down. If it's Fordham, then the decision would be the same either way. If it's WUSTL, then you have to work it out with him, I guess. If you're not ready relationship-wise for a joint discussion, then, IMO, your decision should not hinge on a relationship. If you are, then talk it out.
<3 you. thanks.

Always Credited

Gold

Post by Always Credited » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:19 pm

I'm big on interpersonal relationships. I loved college, but I loved it more with him there... ugh... It's probalby against the rules to admit this... but if I had to pick him or a law school I'd pick him. you know, provided I had alternatives that weren't too terrible. but it's just weird to give up $$$ at a top 20 for a 30 at sticker... especially when I went into this whole process REFUSING to pay sticker.
Shit happens.

If your relationship is worth extra debt, go to Fordham if you can. If avoiding debt is worth giving up on a relationship, go to WUSTL. The choices are clear; the decision between them is up to you. No random Joe's on the internet should take priority over your own judgment concerning your life.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:22 pm

Always Credited wrote:

Shit happens.

If your relationship is worth extra debt, go to Fordham if you can. If avoiding debt is worth giving up on a relationship, go to WUSTL. The choices are clear; the decision between them is up to you. No random Joe's on the internet should take priority over your own judgment concerning your life.
I think saint c's was pretty good though. as is yours. my whole family's east coast so midwest is a culture shock anyway. and I might not even get into fordham. his parents say if I go to school in ny I can live with them til I find a place I like... just commute in with his dad every day =P
another thing is I'm ready for a big city. I grew up in a small town, went to UG in a small city with a nice campus (like wash u but smaller...similar students and everything)... I'm ready to be able to take the subway everywhere (I don't like to drive) and to not have to go out of my way whenever I need anything. and I want fluff and fold. but, of course, I could do this after law school.

what does this mean? "The secret of happiness is a thick briefcase! " that's what my ug pres just sent me when I told him washu was lovely.

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:29 pm

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:32 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
On a side note, Astoria's a nice place to live in the city. Cheaper than Manhattan, but easily accessible. My g/f would take the V train to work in midtown and it was 20 minutes max. I also like the culture there. It just seems... nice.
I am Astoria's biggest fan. :-D

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:32 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
On a side note, Astoria's a nice place to live in the city. Cheaper than Manhattan, but easily accessible. My g/f would take the V train to work in midtown and it was 20 minutes max. I also like the culture there. It just seems... nice.
closer to westchester than manhattan? very accessible? like, trains run past midnight?

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:34 pm

sibley wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
closer to westchester than manhattan? very accessible? like, trains run past midnight?
Not closer to Westchester, no -- there are no trains directly from Queens to the Bronx. But my subway line (the N/W) runs 24 hours a day, and it takes me 10 minutes to get into Manhattan.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:36 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
Not closer to Westchester, no -- there are no trains directly from Queens to the Bronx. But my subway line (the N/W) runs 24 hours a day, and it takes me 10 minutes to get into Manhattan.
so not on metro north? =/

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

evilgenius

Bronze

Post by evilgenius » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:39 pm

No - Astoria isnt on metro north. But 42nd street is only 20 minutes away, so it won't be too hard to catch a metro north train. Metro north only runs through a few neighborhoods in Manhattan (Harlem, Upper East Side, Mid town) and then through the Bronx.

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:39 pm

sibley wrote:
so not on metro north? =/
Not to the best of my knowledge. But it only takes 20 min or less to get to Grand Central, 25 or so to get to 125th street.

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:40 pm

Me, I love the midwest. I miss it immensely. I think the problem is that with fordham sticker, you're going to be stuck with the golden handcuffs and be chained to NYC. If that's what you want, sure, go for it. Me, I can only take so much of NYC, and I'm ready to head back unless I get in at Columbia or get a serious tuition break at Fordham. I don't think you can raise a family here (not in the way I'd like, anyway - I know people do it all the time), and I miss Midwestern sensibilities. I miss being able to just hop in the car and drive to the store. I miss really good friends - the kind you see twice a week instead of four times a year. I miss living in a place where not everything was about money.

This is my main concern with Fordham. Im in southern california, granted not the midwest, but i like the neighborhood feel, the ability to "drive to the store" the spread outness of it all, the weather, the beach, the slow pace in comparison to NYC. People do love money here though. My concern is the aptly termed "golden handcuff" situation. I would love to spend 3 years in NYC at school; I'm single, no kids. But then what? I don't really see myself having a career there, and Id rather not start and raise a family there.

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:41 pm

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”