Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
even2flow

Silver

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by even2flow » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:34 pm

rockthelaw wrote:I'm not a big acoustic guy either. I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio model that I love because the tone is so clear and warm (as opposed to the heavier and slightly muddier sound of the Standard). For acoustic I've found that the Martins and the Gibsons are great, but they're gonna run you a pretty penny. My advice would be to go into GC and play all the acoustics. No, seriously. I can almost guarantee you'll find a less expensive acoustic that sounds and plays as well as some of the higher-end instruments. The Diamond in the Rough, so to speak.

That's about as much as I know, though. I do hope that whenever you go to GC, though, that you pick up the most offensively-metal guitar and shred for the requisite 10 minutes before doing anything else.
Dude! I LOVE the ultra metal guitars they have in there. Just to see if I can make peolpe really uncomfortable, I'll pick up the freakiest guitar I can find and start playing Jewel or something. I bought a PRS 24 a few years ago and I love the hell outta that guitar, but that cost more money than I wanna talk about considering how little I play it now a days :( I did the band thing in college and was hoping that would continue once I started grad school but...yeah, not so much.

Yeah for the acoustic I've sat in their acoustic room before and it's actually pretty cool to just have them pull guitars off the wall and screw around with them until I found something I really liked the sound of. I jsut want to be able to get teh same or similar full sound my buddy has with his Martin. I haven't played the Gibsons, but I did have a crush on the Les Paul for a loooong time. That and the Fender Strat, cause I'm a grunge fanboy.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:36 pm

Where's nygrrrl?.... she seems missing.

Also, are you guys visiting a lot of the schools? I'm trying to work it in but it's hard because of taking off of work. But I feel like I really should visit as many as possible, or at least as many that will give me travel stipends, regardless of if work lets me off (I may call in sick on purpose). The thing is, some of these schools I don't want to go to... but maybe if I visited I'd change my mind...

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:38 pm

sibley wrote:Where's nygrrrl?.... she seems missing.

Also, are you guys visiting a lot of the schools? I'm trying to work it in but it's hard because of taking off of work. But I feel like I really should visit as many as possible, or at least as many that will give me travel stipends, regardless of if work lets me off (I may call in sick on purpose). The thing is, some of these schools I don't want to go to... but maybe if I visited I'd change my mind...
I'm only gonna visit the schools I'm very seriously considering.

That or the one's out in Cali so that I have an excuse to go to Cali.

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:39 pm

even2flow wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:I'm not a big acoustic guy either. I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio model that I love because the tone is so clear and warm (as opposed to the heavier and slightly muddier sound of the Standard). For acoustic I've found that the Martins and the Gibsons are great, but they're gonna run you a pretty penny. My advice would be to go into GC and play all the acoustics. No, seriously. I can almost guarantee you'll find a less expensive acoustic that sounds and plays as well as some of the higher-end instruments. The Diamond in the Rough, so to speak.

That's about as much as I know, though. I do hope that whenever you go to GC, though, that you pick up the most offensively-metal guitar and shred for the requisite 10 minutes before doing anything else.
Dude! I LOVE the ultra metal guitars they have in there. Just to see if I can make peolpe really uncomfortable, I'll pick up the freakiest guitar I can find and start playing Jewel or something. I bought a PRS 24 a few years ago and I love the hell outta that guitar, but that cost more money than I wanna talk about considering how little I play it now a days :( I did the band thing in college and was hoping that would continue once I started grad school but...yeah, not so much.

Yeah for the acoustic I've sat in their acoustic room before and it's actually pretty cool to just have them pull guitars off the wall and screw around with them until I found something I really liked the sound of. I jsut want to be able to get teh same or similar full sound my buddy has with his Martin. I haven't played the Gibsons, but I did have a crush on the Les Paul for a loooong time. That and the Fender Strat, cause I'm a grunge fanboy.
PRS 24 Custom? That's my favorite guitar ever! I almost made the leap when it was on sale, but I held back. One day, though...

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:49 pm

rockthelaw wrote:PRS 24 Custom? That's my favorite guitar ever! I almost made the leap when it was on sale, but I held back. One day, though...
It's the Standard (...I thought the only difference was the bird frets? But I may not be remembering...this was like 4 years ago)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:51 pm

I played the triange once...

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:52 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:I played the triange once...
And I like birds! Though not birds that fret. Little birdies should always be happy.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:59 pm

I'm here, my lovelies... Working, today, so not able to post much. Enjoying the hell out of the guitar convo- i'm a singer who did the band thing, dated bass players and still dreams of learning to play the mandolin.... What a band we could have, what with H. E.'s triangle and all....!!! I still believe there will be news today\tomorrow on the Fordham front... More later in the day! <3

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:01 pm

nygrrrl wrote:I'm here, my lovelies... Working, today, so not able to post much. Enjoying the hell out of the guitar convo- i'm a singer who did the band thing, dated bass players and still dreams of learning to play the mandolin.... What a band we could have, what with H. E.'s triangle and all....!!! I still believe there will be news today\tomorrow on the Fordham front... More later in the day! <3
:shock: :shock:
Nygrrrl = Gwen Stefani?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:02 pm

even2flow wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:I'm here, my lovelies... Working, today, so not able to post much. Enjoying the hell out of the guitar convo- i'm a singer who did the band thing, dated bass players and still dreams of learning to play the mandolin.... What a band we could have, what with H. E.'s triangle and all....!!! I still believe there will be news today\tomorrow on the Fordham front... More later in the day! <3
Nygrrrl = Gwen Stefani?

has gwen got kids under age 6??? and just traveled west for sport???

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:06 pm

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:
Nygrrrl = Gwen Stefani?

has gwen got kids under age 6??? and just traveled west for sport???
i'm pretty sure she has kids under 6! halfway there!

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:10 pm

I dunno, but nygrrrl's silence is just further proof that my theory holds true.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:17 pm

even2flow wrote:I dunno, but nygrrrl's silence is just further proof that my theory holds true.
Valid.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:21 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
even2flow wrote:I dunno, but nygrrrl's silence is just further proof that my theory holds true.
Valid.
tabloids pay pretty well, don't they?...

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:24 pm

sibley wrote:tabloids pay pretty well, don't they?...
So well. I can't wait until law school starts so I can spread true stories that I make up.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:31 pm

even2flow wrote:
So well. I can't wait until law school starts so I can spread true stories that I make up.
zOMG I love you guys so much. :lol: :lol: :lol:
How much would I love that? I adore Gwen. And my kids ARE about the same ages...
but sadly, NO. :wink:

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:32 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
even2flow wrote:
zOMG I love you guys so much. :lol: :lol: :lol:
How much would I love that? I adore Gwen. And my kids ARE about the same ages...
but sadly, NO. :wink:
Nygrrrl is way hotter than Gwen.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:36 pm

I also play mandolin, so if we all get into Fordham, I can teach you.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:44 pm

rockthelaw wrote:I also play mandolin, so if we all get into Fordham, I can teach you.
So noted; I will hold you to that!

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:46 pm

LOL this thread is, by far, the biggest love fest on TLS.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:50 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:LOL this thread is, by far, the biggest love fest on TLS.

lol. love fest. truth!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:52 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:Nygrrrl is way hotter than Gwen.
Not surprised.
nygrrrl wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:I also play mandolin, so if we all get into Fordham, I can teach you.
I want in on learning the mandolin too! We could have a Partridge Family style thing going. I'm gonna go find a bus, you can call me Keith Partridge.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:01 pm

even2flow wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:Nygrrrl is way hotter than Gwen.
Not surprised.
nygrrrl wrote:
I want in on learning the mandolin too! We could have a Partridge Family style thing going. I'm gonna go find a bus, you can call me Keith Partridge.
I always wanted to be Laurie....

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:09 pm

nygrrrl wrote:I always wanted to be Laurie....
Deal, looks like we've got a show to put on!

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:11 pm

even2flow wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:I always wanted to be Laurie....
Deal, looks like we've got a show to put on!
People were talking about how to make money during law school. I think a Partridge Family tribute might just be the way.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”