Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:59 am

nygrrrl wrote:
rockthelaw wrote: What's weird is that he uses his same blank expression in that episode as he methodically tortures and kills people as he does during every episode of "Arrested Development."

Reminds of the t-shirt "This kitten thinks of nothing but murder all day."
Hahaha - my husband had never seen A.D. - just made him get it on Netflix. I love that show. Never gets old.
STEVE HOLT!

nymets123

New

Post by nymets123 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:30 pm

even2flow wrote:I wanted to see it in theatres, but never got around to it. I just watched Darjeeling Limited. I'm still up in the air about how I feel about it. I get the same feeling about most of Wes Anderson's movies. People claim brilliant dry humor and story telling, but I wasn't super engaged by it. Rushmore had it's moments, as did I Heart Huckabee's, but I wasn't blown away. Maybe I'm just not artsy enough (not likely, I'm awesome).

On the other hand, I have the Fifth Element coming on my Netflix cause I've never seen it :shock:
I Heart Huckabees was a David O. Russel film not Wes Anderson... wes andersons good, paul thomas anderson is better.

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:06 pm

Oops, I should know better. That's what I get for assuming. :oops:

Cardboardbox

Bronze

Post by Cardboardbox » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:02 am

Happy Thursday party people!

Has anyone started (or finished :x) Getting to Maybe? I just got my copy yesterday and got through the first chapter on the train into work. I feel kind of lucky lol even though I imagine practically every law student and their mother reads it, but reading through the first chapter and right off the bat being told 'This is how people usually screw up' 'This is what you will be TEMPTED to look for' 'However, this is what you SHOULD be looking for' makes me feel a little more at ease knowing I won't be going into LS blind.

I see a lot of people talking about how people overthink 1L to an extreme degree but it's hard not to when you think of how much pressure there is to be top of the class.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:06 am

Cardboardbox wrote:Happy Thursday party people!

Has anyone started (or finished :x) Getting to Maybe? I just got my copy yesterday and got through the first chapter on the train into work. I feel kind of lucky lol even though I imagine practically every law student and their mother reads it, but reading through the first chapter and right off the bat being told 'This is how people usually screw up' 'This is what you will be TEMPTED to look for' 'However, this is what you SHOULD be looking for' makes me feel a little more at ease knowing I won't be going into LS blind.

I see a lot of people talking about how people overthink 1L to an extreme degree but it's hard not to when you think of how much pressure there is to be top of the class.
i'm reading it veeeerrrrryyyy slowly. kinda dull and repetitive at times, but the writing is clear and it makes me feel better, too!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:11 am

hannah87 wrote:

i'm reading it veeeerrrrryyyy slowly. kinda dull and repetitive at times, but the writing is clear and it makes me feel better, too!
Same here, Box & Hannah.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:12 am

we're in good company :wink:

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:58 am

nygrrrl wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

Same here, Box & Hannah.
ha I actually just got my copy the other day but haven't started it yet.

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:20 pm

Is no one still waiting on the WL on TLS?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:32 pm

txhorn wrote:Is no one still waiting on the WL on TLS?
Many people are, actually. Thread's just slowed down.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:18 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
rockthelaw wrote: What's weird is that he uses his same blank expression in that episode as he methodically tortures and kills people as he does during every episode of "Arrested Development."

Reminds of the t-shirt "This kitten thinks of nothing but murder all day."
Hahaha - my husband had never seen A.D. - just made him get it on Netflix. I love that show. Never gets old.
STEVE HOLT!

my boyfriend just introduced me to this show a few weeks ago... we've also got it on netflix (yay for the roku! law school doesn't need cable... I'll probably do what we do here... netflix, internet, free basic cable) and I watched the first two episodes of season 3 today! he saw them the other night but I slept through them... I apparently have viral labrynthitis and am not allowed to go to work =P

also, checking out that book. didn't know about it. apparently should read it if you all are.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:37 pm

--ImageRemoved--

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:44 pm

by the way, sorry for seeming non-caring or whatever earlier. I DO care that I got into fordham and am very happy about it. I just haven't been able to call yet (I'm sick! and I work late hours! and there's no cell phone service at work and using the company phone is against the rules). I will be calling soon, maybe tomorrow of my nausea stays down. and before you butts ask, no I'm not pregnant. I've got labrynthitis! and it sucks.

for anyone still waiting to hear from fordham I do hope you get in soon! when I visited I loved the school... the people seemed awesome and smart and the facilities are really nice (I think... I remember someone posting on here disagreeing but maybe they just want some huge campus with acres and acres of trees) and do a great job of giving students any sort of space they'd want-indoor or outdoor- despite the fact that they're in a notoriously crowded city.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Cardboardbox

Bronze

Post by Cardboardbox » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:59 am

Woah, those are some pretty cool ice cubes...

Anyone have exciting plans for the weekend? I think on sunday I'm finally gonna try the famous Katz Deli and see if there sandwiches are actually worth $16 lol

I'm hoping, seeing as it's a friday, maybe they'll be some more good news from the WL too? =D

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:01 am

Cardboardbox wrote:Woah, those are some pretty cool ice cubes...

Anyone have exciting plans for the weekend? I think on sunday I'm finally gonna try the famous Katz Deli and see if there sandwiches are actually worth $16 lol

I'm hoping, seeing as it's a friday, maybe they'll be some more good news from the WL too? =D
They're not, but it is still sort of a NY landmark so it's worth one visit

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:24 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

Yeah, probably not worth 16 bucks, but they are tasty. Pastrami all the way. Grab an extra pickle or two.

While you're in the neighborhood, go to Doughnut Plant and get the cocount cream, and creme brulee doughnuts. You can thank me later!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:32 am

rockthelaw wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

Yeah, probably not worth 16 bucks, but they are tasty. Pastrami all the way. Grab an extra pickle or two.

While you're in the neighborhood, go to Doughnut Plant and get the cocount cream, and creme brulee doughnuts. You can thank me later!
I bought those ice cubes. There is a shop a block from my house that has cool unnecessary stuff. I go there when I'm upset. DEFINITELY just started crying at work, btw. After 2 days off sick. Leaving early, but feeling poor.

I am going to a smashmouth concert tomorrow night!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:56 am

Holy shit. Anyone else watching soccer? That was a ridiculous game.

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:35 pm

tesoro wrote:Holy shit. Anyone else watching soccer? That was a ridiculous game.
+1. Questionable decisions at best though.

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:49 pm

primusux wrote:
tesoro wrote:Holy shit. Anyone else watching soccer? That was a ridiculous game.
You're referring to the refs, yes? USA was robbed at the end, unquestionably.

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:08 pm

tesoro wrote:
primusux wrote:
You're referring to the refs, yes? USA was robbed at the end, unquestionably.
I didn't see the first half, but I heard the ref was pretty bad during that part of the game.

I did watch the second half, and man, that was a bad call at the end. How many holds were there? At least 2.

Still, USA needs to come out stronger in the first half. At least we saved the tie.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:41 pm

Ya that was a pretty brutal decision but we should be thankful we still even have a shot. Just have to hope Wednesday goes better.

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:48 pm

primusux wrote:Ya that was a pretty brutal decision but we should be thankful we still even have a shot. Just have to hope Wednesday goes better.
Well Algeria gave us new life. If I've done the calculus right, we hold our fate in our hands.

If USA wins, we have 5 points. Assuming the win:

If Slovenia wins, Slovenia has 7 points and England has 2. Slovenia and USA advance.
If England wins, England has 5 points, Slovenia has 4. USA and England advance.
If Slovenia and England tie, Slovenia has 5 points, England has 4. USA and Slovenia advance.

Algeria seems beatable, USA offense looked pretty sharp today. Here's to hoping. Here's also to hoping I don't get fired for spending my entire workweek watching soccer.

timertimer61

Bronze

Post by timertimer61 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:33 pm

when is the orientation and first day of class for parttime students?

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:49 am

tesoro wrote:Here's also to hoping I don't get fired for spending my entire workweek watching soccer.
They have it on in the cafeteria at work. There are some people who walk in, drop their stuff off at their desk, then sit in the cafeteria the entire day.

I'm all for blowing off work, but that's taking it to a new level.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”