Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kim617

Silver

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:01 pm

hannah87 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
jl2032 wrote:
That's probably the Lincoln Center AMC on 66th and Broadway. I heard it's probably the best in the city.

Another plus for Fordham location!
the lincoln center one is the best. i saw harry potter 5 there :D
I saw Dark Knight there. It's pretty amazing, besides the motion sickness which is really only my problem LOL
i heard Avatar is really bad for those prone to motion sickness (which i am), but i'm dying to see it there! if i go this weekend, i'll let you know if it's really that awful :wink:
prob because of all the flying around!! i was even hesitant to see it in 3D but i'm so glad i did because it's AMAZING. i saw it twice in 3D with no problems, but the imax screen is massive so i'm not sure i'd handle it lol

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:02 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Kim617 wrote: And italian bread of course. A nice, big loaf of italian bread dipped in olive oil, salt, and pepper. MMM.
Take about 2 spoonfuls of freshly shredded parmesean cheese and pour olive oil around it and dip your bread it that. Your head might explode.
+1

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:03 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Kim617 wrote: And italian bread of course. A nice, big loaf of italian bread dipped in olive oil, salt, and pepper. MMM.
Take about 2 spoonfuls of freshly shredded parmesean cheese and pour olive oil around it and dip your bread it that. Your head might explode.
+1
grated, not shredded. shredded's too hard to scoop up.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:03 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
+1
YUM

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:04 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
haha i'm the only sicilian who HATES parmesan cheese. like if it's near me on the table i get nauseous from the smell. it's really not normal. though i do put it in my meatballs, just because they need it and i overpower it with garlic anyway. there is NOTHING negative about garlic (besides garlic breath). also, i use chicken bullion pretty extensively, it's amazing. if you make a pasta with broccoli, definitely add chicken bullion. crazy good.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:05 pm

Kim617 wrote:raisinettes (best candy--yeah I said it)
Oh. We're fighting.
Kim617 wrote:I'm a pretty big pasta fiend, so this is probably the way I'm going.
And italian bread of course. A nice, big loaf of italian bread dipped in olive oil, salt, and pepper. MMM.
I eat pasta like it's going out of style. Some variation of it makes up 50% of my meals for the week. As for the bread, oil salt and pepper are valid, I typically like to eat it with either the gravy or some red pepper flakes in it.

I too am short and petite.

Well...sorta.

Also, parmesean cheese is gross, completely agree.

Edit for embarassing spelling failure.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:07 pm

Kim617 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
haha i'm the only sicilian who HATES parmesan cheese. like if it's near me on the table i get nauseous from the smell. it's really not normal. though i do put it in my meatballs, just because they need it and i overpower it with garlic anyway. there is NOTHING negative about garlic (besides garlic breath). also, i use chicken bullion pretty extensively, it's amazing. if you make a pasta with broccoli, definitely add chicken bullion. crazy good.
How can you hate parmesean cheese????? I'd eat whole blocks of the stuff if I could. That and fresh mozz. If there's a way to live off of those two things, sign me up.

And yes, I meant grated.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:07 pm

i LOVE the smell of parmesan. of any cheese, actually.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:08 pm

even2flow wrote:
Kim617 wrote:raisinettes (best candy--yeah I said it)
Oh. We're fighting.
It's on.

Don't get me wrong, I love meat (like love it, in the sense that I like my steak almost still alive) but pasta could be the basis of every meal I eat for the rest of my life, and I'd be very happy.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:09 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
How can you hate parmesean cheese????? I'd eat whole blocks of the stuff if I could. That and fresh mozz. If there's a way to live off of those two things, sign me up.

And yes, I meant grated.
Dude it's WAY too strong for my tastes. Fresh mozz is different tho, that's like eating a delicious...I can't think of an adequate word, the closest I could come up with is "cloud."

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:09 pm

i love all cheese. period.

and for the record, the best candy ever= sour patch.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:09 pm

I want italian bread with some dipping sauce now.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:09 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

And yes, I meant grated.
It's actually the ONLY cheese I hate. I can't explain it, just like I can't explain my hatred of spaghetti unless it's mixed with ricotta and butter or garlic and oil.

fresh mozzarella and imported prosciutto=heaven.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Cardboardbox

Bronze

Post by Cardboardbox » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:10 pm

Being a meatatarian I feel out of the loop :(

I'll still be looking forward to the juicy steak waiting at home for me tonight anyways though!

Oh and while parm is good my vote goes to cheddar! :D

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:10 pm

Parmesan cheese, pasta and gravy made up 75% of my meals growing up. How anyone could hate any one of these things is beyond me.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:10 pm

goosey wrote:i love all cheese. period.

maybe when we're 5! raisinettes are sophisticated.

haha jk i love sour patch but chocolate forms the basis for candy entered into the best candy argument. but i do love sour squirms. mm.

Cardboardbox

Bronze

Post by Cardboardbox » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:11 pm

goosey wrote:i love all cheese. period.

+2!!!

I'm pretty sure anything covered in cheese = delicious

and sour patch...mmmmmm, I'm kinda tempted to go get some from the vending machine now...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:11 pm

rockthelaw wrote:Parmesan cheese, pasta and gravy made up 75% of my meals growing up. How anyone could hate any one of these things is beyond me.
YES!! Everyone thinks I'm so weird when I call it gravy!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:12 pm

I vote for Asiago. mmmmm.

fresh mozzarella is good sometimes, like with tomatoes, or sliced up and melted onto a margherita pizza, but the texture grosses me out usually. and I also hateeee prosciutto, texture again. unless it's baked until crispy on pizza (pizza mit schenken was a staple of my diet when I lived in italy... that and ice cream. basically, anything I could eat one-handed while riding my bike)

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:13 pm

rockthelaw wrote:Parmesan cheese, pasta and gravy made up 75% of my meals growing up. How anyone could hate any one of these things is beyond me.
my mom gets mad because i'm EXTREMELY picky. and my food cannot touch. like if there's a steak and it's all bloody like i like it, the broccoli has to be in a separate plate so no juice gets on it.

another thing, i'm an absolute potato fiend. like boiled, roasted, baked-- anything except mashed. i hate mashed potatoes, corn, and macaroni and cheese. tell me i wasn't the worst and most annoying child ever?

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:14 pm

even2flow wrote:
When I started dating my girlfriend 2 years ago, I invited her over for dinner. I told her I was making gravy. She thought she was getting biscuits or something. Little did she know the wonders of gravy slow-cooked for 4 hours.

It's all good, even2flow. We're just part of the cool kids club.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:14 pm

even2flow wrote:
i get that all the time! i'm like what do you call it, sauce? psh.

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:16 pm

Kim617 wrote:
my mom gets mad because i'm EXTREMELY picky. and my food cannot touch. like if there's a steak and it's all bloody like i like it, the broccoli has to be in a separate plate so no juice gets on it.

another thing, i'm an absolute potato fiend. like boiled, roasted, baked-- anything except mashed. i hate mashed potatoes, corn, and macaroni and cheese. tell me i wasn't the worst and most annoying child ever?
I'll agree about mac and cheese, I can't eat that stuff, never could. Only recently have I started enjoying corn, but mashed potatoes? really? how could ANYONE hate mashed potatoes?

Hold on, I'm gonna call my ma, she'll FedEx you some.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:16 pm

my favorite sandwich from this great italian deli in white plains has sliced eggplant (another thing I could eat everyday for teh rest of my life), prosciutto, and fresh mozz on fresh baked italian bread. doesn't get much better, if you ask me.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:17 pm

Kim617 wrote:
even2flow wrote:
i get that all the time! i'm like what do you call it, sauce? psh.

gross. gravy is made out of meat drippings....

do you guys know if the admissions office is open on the weekends? the website says to go anytime between 9 and 4, doesn't say during the week, and they're taking a while to email me back today... but I'm going to be there this weekend wether or not they respond.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”