Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tesoro

Bronze

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by tesoro » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:34 pm

The LIRR is fantastic and very, very rarely off schedule. You'll be golden.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:40 pm

Thanks guys. Looks like the best plan.

I just realized that it looks like nobody is posting because my TLS hasn't quite caught up with daylight savings time yet (do I need to adjust that myself?)

edit: fixed it. love that it now says 'summer time is in effect'

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:46 pm

sibley wrote:Thanks guys. Looks like the best plan.

I just realized that it looks like nobody is posting because my TLS hasn't quite caught up with daylight savings time yet (do I need to adjust that myself?)

did you actually receive a decision from fordham?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:49 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:

yep! they waitlisted me. (it was mean)

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:53 pm

sibley wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:

Do you really wanna go to Fordham?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:56 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
sibley wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:

Do you really wanna go to Fordham?
I would have liked to... my other options aren't so bad,though

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:57 pm

well, we have another 5 days of potential movement before us! im excited and scared at the same time..

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:59 pm

goosey wrote:well, we have another 5 days of potential movement before us! im excited and scared at the same time..
good luck!

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:00 pm

goosey wrote:well, we have another 5 days of potential movement before us! im excited and scared at the same time..
are they getting to early mid january applications?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:01 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
are they getting to early mid january applications?
I was early january and got a decision last week

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:07 pm

Well I went complete 1/12 so I figure I should get some news this week or next.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:17 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:Well I went complete 1/12 so I figure I should get some news this week or next.
did you apply pt or ft?

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:21 pm

sibley wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Well I went complete 1/12 so I figure I should get some news this week or next.
did you apply pt or ft?
ft.

Operasoprano said i shud get in due to urm status but well see what happens. Not very keen on going to fordham even tho I have strong nyc connections. Much rather spend my time getting off the Duke waitlist.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:22 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
sibley wrote:
did you apply pt or ft?
ft.

Operasoprano said i shud get in due to urm status but well see what happens. Not very keen on going to fordham even tho I have strong nyc connections. Much rather spend my time getting off the Duke waitlist.
well good luck!

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:32 am

I love summer time. From weather.com:
Sunset: 6:51 pm
Means I'll get a whopping 3 hours of sunlight when I get outta work. When it stops raining. So excited.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:06 am

even2flow wrote:I love summer time. From weather.com:
Means I'll get a whopping 3 hours of sunlight when I get outta work. When it stops raining. So excited.
I hate getting up at 6am when it still feels like 5am...

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:39 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
even2flow wrote:I love summer time. From weather.com:
I hate getting up at 6am when it still feels like 5am...
but it's SUNNY out in the morning now! ... at least when I get up at 7:30. I swapped my winter boots for my red rain boots. Mostly because I think my mom did something with my winter boots, but partially because it is very wet out. and my winter coat has been replaced with a trench-like one. hat and scarf replaced my umbrella. kind of a nice change =)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:43 am

It's supposed to be 60 here in NY from Wednesday through the rest of the week. Very excited.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:00 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:It's supposed to be 60 here in NY from Wednesday through the rest of the week. Very excited.
YES!!!! I can wear flats!

yeahyeah2121

New

Post by yeahyeah2121 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:47 am

Hey guys,

So I've been lurking on this thread for some time but now I have an actual question. For those of you who set up interviews, how exactly did you go about doing it and did you actually get face time or did they send you on a tour? I'm going to be in the city from tomorrow night through the end of the week and I was hoping to try to visit some of the NYC schools while I'm there. Fordham is a reach for me (I applied PT) but I figure what the heck. Thanks for your help!

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:57 am

yeahyeah2121 wrote:Hey guys,

So I've been lurking on this thread for some time but now I have an actual question. For those of you who set up interviews, how exactly did you go about doing it and did you actually get face time or did they send you on a tour? I'm going to be in the city from tomorrow night through the end of the week and I was hoping to try to visit some of the NYC schools while I'm there. Fordham is a reach for me (I applied PT) but I figure what the heck. Thanks for your help!
I emailed Kristina Haff (khaff@law.fordham.edu), who I believe is an Associate Director of Admissions, and then met with her for about 30 minutes. She is very accomodating! Good luck!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:02 pm

they dont do interviews in the formal sense, but if you drop by the admissions office, they will let you meet with somebody to get some questions answered. I suppose you can use that time wisely and really make yourself look good, but from what I know there are no interviews offered.

Set up a tour and visit the admissions office before or after to meet with somebody. Prepare yourself for what you will ask--maybe even a specific discussion on your app. Fordham actually has my fav admissions office..theyre so open and honest about the process and your chances.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:03 pm

hannah87 wrote:

I emailed Kristina Haff (khaff@law.fordham.edu), who I believe is an Associate Director of Admissions, and then met with her for about 30 minutes. She is very accomodating! Good luck!
The admissions office is very helpful and nice. Don't hesitate to contact them.

chutzpah

Bronze

Post by chutzpah » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:08 pm

FYI this week is spring break so there will be no formal tours, but I'm pretty sure the admissions staff will still be working.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:15 pm

goosey wrote:

they dont do interviews in the formal sense, but if you drop by the admissions office, they will let you meet with somebody to get some questions answered. I suppose you can use that time wisely and really make yourself look good, but from what I know there are no interviews offered.

Set up a tour and visit the admissions office before or after to meet with somebody. Prepare yourself for what you will ask--maybe even a specific discussion on your app. Fordham actually has my fav admissions office..theyre so open and honest about the process and your chances.
agreed, they were SO helpful. and she even said that after meeting with me she would definitely remember me, and that helps your application.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”