Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chutzpah

Bronze

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by chutzpah » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:53 pm

dakatz wrote: "This candidate is great! In fact, he is downright wonderful, and has even expressed a sincere interest in Fordham above all his other choices. I think he would be perfect for our program. Waitlisted!!"
I'M A GIRL!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:54 pm

chutzpah wrote:
dakatz wrote: "This candidate is great! In fact, he is downright wonderful, and has even expressed a sincere interest in Fordham above all his other choices. I think he would be perfect for our program. Waitlisted!!"
I'M A GIRL!
ARE NOT

....<3

ryguy

Bronze

Post by ryguy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:07 pm

chutzpah wrote:So it turns out they didn't count my second score. They are reevaluating now.
This is what I was trying to explain to Sibley.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:08 pm

ryguy wrote:
chutzpah wrote:So it turns out they didn't count my second score. They are reevaluating now.
This is what I was trying to explain to Sibley.
you explained it. unfortunately they had both my scores.

jl2032

Bronze

Post by jl2032 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:18 pm

chutzpah wrote:
I'M A GIRL!

So as not to confuse anyone, I went back to make my avatar a little more girly.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:19 pm

jl2032 wrote:
chutzpah wrote:
I'M A GIRL!

that's why I made mine my legs. everyone always thought I was a male. now if they inspect they can see I am not. my old avatar was a goldfish and a castle... thought that was girly enough, but apparently not.

jl2032

Bronze

Post by jl2032 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:22 pm

sibley wrote:
jl2032 wrote:
chutzpah wrote:
I'M A GIRL!

that's why I made mine my legs. everyone always thought I was a male. now if they inspect they can see I am not. my old avatar was a goldfish and a castle... thought that was girly enough, but apparently not.

I thought you were male at first and that the avatar was your baby sister or another relative...

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:23 pm

jl2032 wrote:
I thought you were male at first and that the avatar was your baby sister or another relative...
that would be weird, that I had half of someone in my picture... especially if it wasn't me =/

what if people think you're just a guy who's into fashion?

UGH @ being stuck at work. stupid ups and their dumb downed servers. messing up my kodak work.

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:07 pm

To be fair, I assume everyone I meet on the internet is a 50+ male looking to rob to me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

badpixie

Bronze

Post by badpixie » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:15 pm

even2flow wrote:To be fair, I assume everyone I meet on the internet is a 50+ male looking to rob to me.

I'm going to really show my age here, but my assumption has always been that anyone I meet online (male or female) looks like Ed Asner, until proven otherwise.

bryntax

New

Post by bryntax » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:19 pm

i assume each of you is fapping and imagining the rest of us as sexy hawt chix, while knowing deep deep in your heart that we are all fat dudes eating cheetos and playing LOTR online.

Kilpatrick

Silver

Post by Kilpatrick » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:22 pm

even2flow wrote:To be fair, I assume everyone I meet on the internet is a 50+ male looking to molest me.
+1

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:25 pm

badpixie wrote:
even2flow wrote:To be fair, I assume everyone I meet on the internet is a 50+ male looking to rob to me.

I'm going to really show my age here, but my assumption has always been that anyone I meet online (male or female) looks like Ed Asner, until proven otherwise.
Pfft, Ed Asner is a handsome man. I'm concerned with people like the guys you see on To Catch a Predator.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Matteliszt

Silver

Post by Matteliszt » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:27 pm

I put on my robe and wizard hat and cast level 99 magic missle on the darkness!

bryntax

New

Post by bryntax » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:29 pm

Matteliszt wrote:I put on my robe and wizard hat and cast level 99 magic missle on the darkness!
lets make out.

Matteliszt

Silver

Post by Matteliszt » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:36 pm

Asl?
I look like angelina jolee btw

Mattalones

Silver

Post by Mattalones » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:38 pm

If anyone could chime in on this, it would help me out:

I really like Fordham, but I got in to BU today ... Conflict!

I like the idea of both cities (although I have never been to Boston, and have only briefly been to NY).

I know that a lot of the people on here are quite knowledgeable about these schools, and I could probably benefit from some of your input. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bryntax

New

Post by bryntax » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:43 pm

Matteliszt wrote:Asl?
I look like angelina jolee btw
i look like ed asner.

bryntax

New

Post by bryntax » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:15 pm

:oops:

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:19 pm

Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now.

Speaking of which - I'm watching The Machinist right now. I have no idea what's going on.

bryntax

New

Post by bryntax » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:21 pm

even2flow wrote:Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now.

Speaking of which - I'm watching The Machinist right now. I have no idea what's going on.
bahahaha i think thats how that movie is supposed to feel.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Stellar

New

Post by Stellar » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:37 pm

So um... has nygrrrl posted since the fight of the century yesterday?

With all the WL/Rejects I'm worried for her.

(Can someone get us a jumpy trampoline elephant ... STAT!?)

bryntax

New

Post by bryntax » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm

Stellar wrote:So um... has nygrrrl posted since the fight of the century yesterday?

don't worry, she's still safe :D

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:42 am

bryntax wrote:
Stellar wrote:So um... has nygrrrl posted since the fight of the century yesterday?

Yes, I just saw her IRL. She's as sweet as ever, but no news yet.

I was in the admissions office today, and you'll never guess who I ran into. I only had a few minutes to talk, but here is what I found out: the quality of applicants is apparently what has gone through the roof, though volume is also at a new record. Fordham really does put a lot of thought into the personalities of the people it accepts-- anyone who comes across as entitled, even if they have amazing numbers, probably won't get in. Apparently people have actually called the admissions office to complain about having been yield protected. This is not the credited strategy for getting in, since Fordham really does not YP. He stressed to me that if someone with amazing numbers doesn't get straight in, there is always a reason, and as an applicant, the best thing to do is to open up a polite dialogue with the school to figure out what that reason is.

I also learned something interesting about the manner in which GPAs are evaluated. Fordham takes the time to look at each person's GPA in context of the school where it was earned. There are UG schools with so much grade inflation that a 3.6x is actually below median, and Fordham takes this into consideration. At my UG, 3.6x was sufficient to earn magna cum laude, so I was a bit surprised by this. Fordham itself has so little grade inflation (at the law school, anyway), that a 3.65 is probably top 5%. I didn't know any of this stuff, and it goes against the CW on TLS, so I thought I would share, particularly to comfort people who went to schools where As weren't handed out like free candy.

Here is my edit: I've read dozens of personal statements and LOCIs, and there is a fine line between showcasing achievements and bragging. I don't think many people brag intentionally, but it's crucial to get a very honest friend to read your PS and make sure it sends the message you want to send. DB implied that people have been waitlisted for coming across as entitled, and from what I've seen, a fair number of people don't even realize how their personal statements might be viewed. Politeness, patience and humility will get you everywhere, since it truly seems that Fordham is more holistic than most of its peers.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:06 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
bryntax wrote:

Yes, I just saw her IRL. She's as sweet as ever, but no news yet.

I was in the admissions office today, and you'll never guess who I ran into. I only had a few minutes to talk, but here is what I found out: the quality of applicants is apparently what has gone through the roof, though volume is also at a new record. Fordham really does put a lot of thought into the personalities of the people it accepts-- anyone who comes across as entitled, even if they have amazing numbers, probably won't get in. Apparently people have actually called the admissions office to complain about having been yield protected. This is not the credited strategy for getting in, since Fordham really does not YP. He stressed to me that if someone with amazing numbers doesn't get straight in, there is always a reason, and as an applicant, the best thing to do is to open up a polite dialogue with the school to figure out what that reason is.

I also learned something interesting about the manner in which GPAs are evaluated. Fordham takes the time to look at each person's GPA in context of the school where it was earned. There are UG schools with so much grade inflation that a 3.6x is actually below median, and Fordham takes this into consideration. At my UG, 3.6x was sufficient to earn magna cum laude, so I was a bit surprised by this. Fordham itself has so little grade inflation (at the law school, anyway), that a 3.65 is probably top 5%. I didn't know any of this stuff, and it goes against the CW on TLS, so I thought I would share, particularly to comfort people who went to schools where As weren't handed out like free candy.

Here is my edit: I've read dozens of personal statements and LOCIs, and there is a fine line between showcasing achievements and bragging. I don't think many people brag intentionally, but it's crucial to get a very honest friend to read your PS and make sure it sends the message you want to send. DB implied that people have been waitlisted for coming across as entitled, and from what I've seen, a fair number of people don't even realize how their personal statements might be viewed. Politeness, patience and humility will get you everywhere, since it truly seems that Fordham is more holistic than most of its peers.
Thanks for the update. This somewhat calms my nerves about the ridiculously high numbers that have been wl'ed for pt.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”