Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ryguy

Bronze

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by ryguy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:51 am

Formal do you want to stay on the waitlist letter received. Waitlisted on status checker on dec. 16, before I got my new and much better score. Called admissions for consideration of my new score, they said they would see...??? 169/3.4. I live in the NY area and would love to stay here.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:35 am

ryguy wrote:Formal do you want to stay on the waitlist letter received. Waitlisted on status checker on dec. 16, before I got my new and much better score. Called admissions for consideration of my new score, they said they would see...??? 169/3.4. I live in the NY area and would love to stay here.
Can you follow up with an email or a letter? Seems to me that a score like that would give you a great shot at acceptance!

sjedood

New

Post by sjedood » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:53 pm

For those of you who are interested in visiting...I contacted office of admissions they said that to see the school you just stop by their office, they give you a map of the school, and you take a self-guided tour. I will probably do this tomorrow...

Kind of random question, but what does one wear for this. It seems informal but at the same time you are definitely showing yourself in person to people on admissions and impressions do count. Any suggestions?

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:56 pm

sjedood wrote:For those of you who are interested in visiting...I contacted office of admissions they said that to see the school you just stop by their office, they give you a map of the school, and you take a self-guided tour. I will probably do this tomorrow...

Kind of random question, but what does one wear for this. It seems informal but at the same time you are definitely showing yourself in person to people on admissions and impressions do count. Any suggestions?
Just don't be all sloppy. Informal doesn't mean like, sweat pants. You can be informal and still look nice.

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:56 pm

sjedood wrote:For those of you who are interested in visiting...I contacted office of admissions they said that to see the school you just stop by their office, they give you a map of the school, and you take a self-guided tour. I will probably do this tomorrow...

Yeah, they told me the same. I was hoping to set up some sort of appointment or find out what time classes are held, but they pretty much just said to come in whenever. Also, does the status checker notify you that they received your WL response form? Because I sent mine in a little over a week ago with my LOCI and my status check still says "file has been waitlisted"

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:58 pm

dakatz wrote:Also, does the status checker notify you that they received your WL response form?
I sent mine in about a month ago, and it hasn't changed, so I'm assuming not.

sjedood

New

Post by sjedood » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:00 pm

dakatz wrote:

Yeah, they told me the same. I was hoping to set up some sort of appointment or find out what time classes are held, but they pretty much just said to come in whenever. Also, does the status checker notify you that they received your WL response form? Because I sent mine in a little over a week ago with my LOCI and my status check still says "file has been waitlisted"
Well I have yet to be decided on...still complete since 12/9

AlanShore

Silver

Post by AlanShore » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:00 pm

what is going on with fordham? they havent had any movement in quite awhile. isnt january a popular decision time?

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:06 pm

AlanShore wrote:what is going on with fordham? they havent had any movement in quite awhile. isnt january a popular decision time?
*pounding head against desk*
As of today, I have been complete for 10 weeks with no decision.
Losing hope.
Send Chocolate.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AlanShore

Silver

Post by AlanShore » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:07 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
AlanShore wrote:what is going on with fordham? they havent had any movement in quite awhile. isnt january a popular decision time?
Losing hope.
Send Chocolate.
seriously. i am losing hope too. i am sort of freaking out. i reallllllly want to go to fordham and i got WL at a couple other contenders (though I would have chosen fordham over them anyway). hurry up. before i FLIP out.

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:18 pm

Question to distract from the waiting: How did the Vikings screw up that final drive so badly last night?!

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:20 pm

rockthelaw wrote:Question to distract from the waiting: How did the Vikings screw up that final drive so badly last night?!
They Brett Favre-d it. And this coming from someone who has been a Brett Favre fan for 14 years.

Also, any team with that many turnovers in one game doesn't deserve to win.

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:21 pm

rockthelaw wrote:Question to distract from the waiting: How did the Vikings screw up that final drive so badly last night?!
That dumb 12-man huddle that took them out of field goal range, and forced Brett to throw the ball (into that fateful interception). Without that 12 man penalty, they may have very well ended it right there.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:25 pm

Yeah, that too many men in the huddle penalty seemed JV to me. I've never seen anything like that called before.

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:30 pm

rockthelaw wrote:Yeah, that too many men in the huddle penalty seemed JV to me. I've never seen anything like that called before.
They still should have ran the ball after that and given Longwell the chance. Worst that could happen then is that he misses and they go into overtime.

Also, pretty funny http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2010/01/f ... all_t.html

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:31 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:Yeah, that too many men in the huddle penalty seemed JV to me. I've never seen anything like that called before.
They still should have ran the ball after that and given Longwell the chance. Worst that could happen then is that he misses and they go into overtime.

Also, pretty funny http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2010/01/f ... all_t.html
And it totally looked like Favre had a clear lane to run it at least back to where the ball had been before the penalty, but he was dead set on throwing.

sjedood

New

Post by sjedood » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:33 pm

so any thoughts on what you wear when visiting the school?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:34 pm

sjedood wrote:so any thoughts on what you wear when visiting the school?
I'll probably just wear some khakis and a polo shirt. I don't want to go overboard and wear a suit in a self-guided tour with no formal component to it. I don't think you score points for dressing up like crazy, but you probably lose points if you show up looking like a mess. So anything presentable or business casual should be fine in my opinion.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:40 pm

sjedood wrote:so any thoughts on what you wear when visiting the school?
I wore dress pants and a sweater (no dress shirt under, just a white undershirt) cause it was FREEZING.

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:48 pm

AlanShore wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
Losing hope.
Send Chocolate.
seriously. i am losing hope too. i am sort of freaking out. i reallllllly want to go to fordham and i got WL at a couple other contenders (though I would have chosen fordham over them anyway). hurry up. before i FLIP out.
Alan and nygrrrl
just based on the impression I got from ASD, I must say I highly doubt that Fordham would just string you along for the heck of it. I am sure they have a very good reason to keep you waiting, they just don't seem like the kind of school who doesn't care about their applicants. My guess is that if your application is on the weaker side or not a shoe in, they wanna see how you fit into the class once they have a better idea of who's coming

that being said, you realistically shouldn't expect a decision for at least another month if you ask me, but again I doubt that they would string you along for 10,11, however many weeks "just because". They are probably deliberating between WL and admit, and even in the former case you still have a good chance of getting in

Alan, I know your # and am really surprised you haven't been admitted yet. Admittance may be coming up for you soon, just hang in there. Send LOCI addressing Fordham specific aspects you desire in a school, assure them that you WILL attend! VISIT if you can, I think it can make a huge difference. If necessary, get another letter of rec.

nygrrrl, I'd recommend the same thing to you

On another note, I have to say that, 1 day after ASD, I am highly impressed with Fordham. It let's some other, supposedly "better" schools pale in comparison. Bravo Fordham! You earned my respect and I would choose you over higher ranked schools in a second

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:54 pm

SanBun wrote:
Alan and nygrrrl
just based on the impression I got from ASD, I must say I highly doubt that Fordham would just string you along for the heck of it. I am sure they have a very good reason to keep you waiting, they just don't seem like the kind of school who doesn't care about their applicants. My guess is that if your application is on the weaker side or not a shoe in, they wanna see how you fit into the class once they have a better idea of who's coming

that being said, you realistically shouldn't expect a decision for at least another month if you ask me, but again I doubt that they would string you along for 10,11, however many weeks "just because". They are probably deliberating between WL and admit, and even in the former case you still have a good chance of getting in

Alan, I know your # and am really surprised you haven't been admitted yet. Admittance may be coming up for you soon, just hang in there

On another note, I have to say that, 1 day after ASD, I am highly impressed with Fordham. It let's other, supposedly "better" schools pale in comparison. Bravo Fordham!
+1 -- promise they aren't doing this on purpose!

I did hear Dean Brown say yesterday that they had admitted about 700 students so far. Based on previous years, that is probably about 1/3 of the total amount they will admit this year, so don't despair!

Good luck and I have my fingers crossed for you :-)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:56 pm

Question unrelated to admissions.

Is there a gym on campus? If so, is it any decent?

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:01 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:

I did hear Dean Brown say yesterday that they had admitted about 700 students so far. Based on previous years, that is probably about 1/3 of the total amount they will admit this year, so don't despair!

+1
I know you guys really want Fordham, and I hope they admit you because I think it's students like you, those who are passionate about Fordham and love it, that make it such a friendly place

AlanShore

Silver

Post by AlanShore » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:02 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
SanBun wrote:
Alan and nygrrrl

Alan, I know your # and am really surprised you haven't been admitted yet. Admittance may be coming up for you soon, just hang in there

On another note, I have to say that, 1 day after ASD, I am highly impressed with Fordham. It let's other, supposedly "better" schools pale in comparison. Bravo Fordham!

thanks guys. I'm sure fordham wouldnt do it "just because" and we are more borderline/median #s so I'm sure they want to see what their class looks like. It's just veryyyyyyy nerve-wracking waiting hehe. thats where our frustration comes from!!

paminator

New

Post by paminator » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:17 pm

The last wave went out 1/11 according to LSN. There MUST be another coming!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”