Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
starsong

Bronze

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by starsong » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:29 pm

goosey wrote:looks like its time for pt-ers to get off the waitlist :)

thrilled to say, I am OFF the waitlist :)

funny how the world works--went to withdraw, wound up accepted.

awesome day :)
Congrats!! Are you coming to Fordham in the end?

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:32 pm

starsong wrote:

Congrats!! Are you coming to Fordham in the end?
I thought you withdrew????

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:41 pm

starsong: i have no idea :( I need to figure out a way to pay for this. I must have applied for about 30 jobs today.

chicoalto, I did. and then I found out that I would be accepted, so I said "jk. I dont want to withdraw" (in so many words)

Olive

Silver

Post by Olive » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:57 pm

Congrats, goosey!

mdeleon4

New

Post by mdeleon4 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:59 pm

got waitlisted today with a 152 and 3.3. did not see that coming. man i want to get into this school so bad. i dno what to do lol

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:00 am

Olive wrote:

Congrats, goosey!
+10,000

Naow let nygrrrl in!!!!

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:32 am

Ouch. Rejection by status checker. Classy, Fordham, classy. :evil: 163/3.81, FT, if any of you are curious.

starsong

Bronze

Post by starsong » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:23 am

goosey wrote:starsong: i have no idea :( I need to figure out a way to pay for this. I must have applied for about 30 jobs today.
loans? With IBR, your risk is fairly low.

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:00 am

jl2032 wrote:Received 0 need-based money from Columbia. Still waiting on NYU to get back to me on that.

Fordham's looking better and better. :?
Columbia and NYU are worth sticker!

Must. vacate. Fordham. spot. :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:50 am

tommytahoe wrote:Ouch. Rejection by status checker. Classy, Fordham, classy. :evil: 163/3.81, FT, if any of you are curious.
oh, no! sorry tommy :(

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:51 am

wow, that's amazing, goosey!!! :D

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:44 am

So cool, congrats!

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:46 am

rockthelaw wrote:

So cool, congrats!
Congrats Goosey!

Maybe I should withdraw...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Corinne

New

Post by Corinne » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:48 am

Congratulations!

Clive1

New

Post by Clive1 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:05 am

wow, congrats everyone!

i'm still waiting on PT as well, though i haven't found out if i'm on the WL or not. got rejected from FT over a month ago, asked to be reconsidered for PT, and immediately followed up with a letter thanking DB for the reconsideration and the opportunity.

the thing is, i don't have a status checker anymore. is it okay to send an email checking in? i live/work in nyc, so is it cool to just drop by the admissions office and ask what's up? is it too soon for all of this?

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:12 am

Clive1 wrote:wow, congrats everyone!

i'm still waiting on PT as well, though i haven't found out if i'm on the WL or not. got rejected from FT over a month ago, asked to be reconsidered for PT, and immediately followed up with a letter thanking DB for the reconsideration and the opportunity.

the thing is, i don't have a status checker anymore. is it okay to send an email checking in? i live/work in nyc, so is it cool to just drop by the admissions office and ask what's up? is it too soon for all of this?
PM'd as I'm in the same situation...

badpixie

Bronze

Post by badpixie » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:15 am

Wow! Congratualtions Goosey!!!!!! :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

krzyreeesh

New

Post by krzyreeesh » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:54 am

I've been a big-time lurker on this board. I want to say a heartfelt thanks to everyone here for all the great information and distractions so far. It's helped so much.

I do have a question though. Has anyone had success sending in LOCIs or just keeping in contact with the admissions office before they actually had a decision? And is there any indication as to how much is too much - like when showing interest turns into annoyance?

I'm a PT applicant who's been complete since 3/8 (I know, not long at all compared to most of you) and have already been admitted to other lower-ranked NYC schools with sizable scholarships. Fordham was always and still is my #1 choice. I've already gone in to the admissions office once and spoke to Kate Cunningham who was incredibly nice (I did this shortly after I went complete). I toured the law school on my own then went around with a friend of mine who's a 2L there and got to watch the trial-ad team prep and hung out with a bunch of 2Ls. I then e-mailed Director Cunningham letting her know how much I loved the school and that I would enroll if admitted (150% true). Now it's been a month or so since my last communication. Is it worth it to keep communicating or will it just hurt me at this point?

If so, do I e-mail someone new? Do I let them know I have the acceptances and will withdraw from them if admitted? I'm saying this mostly because of all the recent WL movement. Thanks so much guys and gals, any help would be greatly appreciated.

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:16 pm

krzyreeesh wrote:I've been a big-time lurker on this board. I want to say a heartfelt thanks to everyone here for all the great information and distractions so far. It's helped so much.

I do have a question though. Has anyone had success sending in LOCIs or just keeping in contact with the admissions office before they actually had a decision? And is there any indication as to how much is too much - like when showing interest turns into annoyance?

I'm a PT applicant who's been complete since 3/8 (I know, not long at all compared to most of you) and have already been admitted to other lower-ranked NYC schools with sizable scholarships. Fordham was always and still is my #1 choice. I've already gone in to the admissions office once and spoke to Kate Cunningham who was incredibly nice (I did this shortly after I went complete). I toured the law school on my own then went around with a friend of mine who's a 2L there and got to watch the trial-ad team prep and hung out with a bunch of 2Ls. I then e-mailed Director Cunningham letting her know how much I loved the school and that I would enroll if admitted (150% true). Now it's been a month or so since my last communication. Is it worth it to keep communicating or will it just hurt me at this point?

If so, do I e-mail someone new? Do I let them know I have the acceptances and will withdraw from them if admitted? I'm saying this mostly because of all the recent WL movement. Thanks so much guys and gals, any help would be greatly appreciated.
General rule: no LOCI's until decision!. I would recommend sticking to it.

Imo, best thing to do right now is to sit back and wait (I know it sucks). Now is probably the busiest time for the office as they are trying to get through the remaining bunch and start/continue wl movement. Dropping in twice before initial decision might be a little over the top.

krzyreeesh

New

Post by krzyreeesh » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:40 pm

SAE wrote:
krzyreeesh wrote:I've been a big-time lurker on this board. I want to say a heartfelt thanks to everyone here for all the great information and distractions so far. It's helped so much.

Imo, best thing to do right now is to sit back and wait (I know it sucks). Now is probably the busiest time for the office as they are trying to get through the remaining bunch and start/continue wl movement. Dropping in twice before initial decision might be a little over the top.
You're right. I think I just needed someone else to say it. It seems like every day someone asks me 'Have you heard from Fordham yet?' which builds this imaginary pressure in my head making me think that I need to be doing something pro-active. The smartest thing to do is to definitely just wait it out. Thanks for keeping me grounded.

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:47 pm

Thanks Hannah87 for the commiseration. I have grieved, and moved on. And to the other guy, regarding sending things in, two days ago I sent in an email-attached updated resume to UNC, and USC, b/c it has been since January, and frankly I think my new resume tells a lot about my strength as an applicant.
That does NOT mean this is recommended. It may in fact have been unwise. But I did it all the same, and as it was a simple resume, and not a LOCI love letter, I am hoping they won't count it against me.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:02 pm

krzyreeesh wrote:
SAE wrote:

You're right. I think I just needed someone else to say it. It seems like every day someone asks me 'Have you heard from Fordham yet?' which builds this imaginary pressure in my head making me think that I need to be doing something pro-active. The smartest thing to do is to definitely just wait it out. Thanks for keeping me grounded.
it's good advice. i sent LOCIs to NYU before hearing anything and got rejected. i think it's what pushed me from the waitlist pile to the rejection pile.

nymario

Bronze

Post by nymario » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:18 pm

hannah87 wrote: it's good advice. i sent LOCIs to NYU before hearing anything and got rejected. i think it's what pushed me from the waitlist pile to the rejection pile.
I sent one to NYU (less than a week) before they decided, and they WLed me . I think I was going to be WL either way though.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:22 pm

Hannah do you really think a letter expressing your continued interest to go somewhere made them reject you? Like out of spite for not following "protocol"? I know it's the norm to wait until a decision, but I don't see how a letter is any different than speaking with someone in admissions or visiting, both of which would indicate a continued interest in attending.

If that is, in fact, the case, there is something seriously wrong with the system...

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:26 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Hannah do you really think a letter expressing your continued interest to go somewhere made them reject you? Like out of spite for not following "protocol"? I know it's the norm to wait until a decision, but I don't see how a letter is any different than speaking with someone in admissions or visiting, both of which would indicate a continued interest in attending.

If that is, in fact, the case, there is something seriously wrong with the system...
my thinking would be it drew attention to her application so they rejected here... whereas if she'd hung around silent maybe they would have noticed here when they needed her numbers.

btw, sorry hannah =(

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”