Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nymets123

New

Fordham Waiting Room

Post by nymets123 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:47 pm

According to lawschoolnumbers, first batch of Fordham decisions went out last year right about now followed by another batch around 11/20. Wishful thinking that we might see some action pretty soon??? Things seem to have been held up a little this cycle over there so maybe not : (

my status checker is starting to get annoyed at my persistence

fenderjsm88

Bronze

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by fenderjsm88 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:51 pm

Did you send your LORs in when you applied? I know that because they don't require LORs some people applied before their LORs were ready, but I'm waiting (didn't want them to think I didn't have any LORs or something.) My LORs won't be ready till around Thanksgiving so I'm waiting until then to apply. Hopefully that's still relatively early.

nymets123

New

Post by nymets123 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:59 pm

fenderjsm88 wrote:Did you send your LORs in when you applied? I know that because they don't require LORs some people applied before their LORs were ready, but I'm waiting (didn't want them to think I didn't have any LORs or something.) My LORs won't be ready till around Thanksgiving so I'm waiting until then to apply. Hopefully that's still relatively early.
Yep, I had my LORs all ready to go when I applied...one of the only perks to taking an extra year off after undergrad to get these apps in top shape and ready

I believe that the resident Fordham expert, OperaSoprano, suggested in an earlier thread that its prob best to get your application in now and send your LORs later (OS correct me if im wrong). You could prob send them a note saying to hold off on evaluating you until your LORs arrive. Time appears to be key with this school.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:27 pm

nymets123 wrote:
fenderjsm88 wrote:Did you send your LORs in when you applied? I know that because they don't require LORs some people applied before their LORs were ready, but I'm waiting (didn't want them to think I didn't have any LORs or something.) My LORs won't be ready till around Thanksgiving so I'm waiting until then to apply. Hopefully that's still relatively early.
Yep, I had my LORs all ready to go when I applied...one of the only perks to taking an extra year off after undergrad to get these apps in top shape and ready

I believe that the resident Fordham expert, OperaSoprano, suggested in an earlier thread that its prob best to get your application in now and send your LORs later (OS correct me if im wrong). You could prob send them a note saying to hold off on evaluating you until your LORs arrive. Time appears to be key with this school.
Dean Brown essentially said that LORs don't matter that much, which was pretty surprising to me, and he stressed the importance of being early. As for early acceptances, I would expect about a two week delay from the time things went out last cycle. EA people are guaranteed to hear by December 15th, and I would guess the first good news will be arriving in November. I'm glad this is far behind me, and I now get to work on my long memo, and preparing for finals.

I wish you guys the best of luck. We had several threads of this nature last year . There was a lot of drama in the FRUSTRATED BY FORDHAM thread, complete with crying, freaking out, texting, emotional phone calls, and a good amount of drinking by at least a few of the parties involved: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=275

It was the people I shared it with that made the journey worthwhile. I hope you guys get in quickly and never have to go through any of this.

js87

Bronze

Post by js87 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:55 pm

Applied on 10/19 and haven't heard a thing from them. Is this normal? I am a re-applicant from last cycle with a new LSAT score, so I don't know if that makes a difference. I don't remember when I got the status checker email last year in relation to when I sent my application, either.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

km23

Bronze

Post by km23 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:48 pm

Last edited by km23 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

km23

Bronze

Post by km23 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:49 pm

/
Last edited by km23 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:20 pm

js87 wrote:Applied on 10/19 and haven't heard a thing from them. Is this normal? I am a re-applicant from last cycle with a new LSAT score, so I don't know if that makes a difference. I don't remember when I got the status checker email last year in relation to when I sent my application, either.
+1. I haven;t heard anything from them either! i am not a re-app tho...

clem21

New

Post by clem21 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:35 am

Well since I just got my application in I can now officially join this thread.

Can we start the drinking now or does there have to be a waiting period first?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:05 am

clem21 wrote:Well since I just got my application in I can now officially join this thread.

Can we start the drinking now or does there have to be a waiting period first?
should we ever have to wait to drink? *tips back beer*

fedex77

New

Post by fedex77 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:30 am

js87 wrote:Applied on 10/19 and haven't heard a thing from them. Is this normal? I am a re-applicant from last cycle with a new LSAT score, so I don't know if that makes a difference. I don't remember when I got the status checker email last year in relation to when I sent my application, either.
Same story. Sent the application on 10/16. I did call them yesterday and was told that admissions was out recruiting and we could expect updates sometime next week.
BTW, you can still use the status checker link you received for the last cycle, they have the new cycle on it now.

vsg211

New

Post by vsg211 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:45 am

Those of you who submitted the application first and are waiting for LOR to be processed and sent in, how did you go about notifying Fordham? Did you call them after submitting the application to ask them to hold until your letters came in?

Steve Zissou

New

Post by Steve Zissou » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:07 am

Checking in. Turned in a splitter app for FT. I'm Fordham or bust for a bunch of reasons.
Last edited by Steve Zissou on Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

fedex77

New

Post by fedex77 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:45 pm

My status checker says that my application is complete now, no email acknowledging application yet. Applied on 10/16/2009.

pikalove

Bronze

Post by pikalove » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:12 pm

fedex77 wrote:My status checker says that my application is complete now, no email acknowledging application yet. Applied on 10/16/2009.
How did you get your Status Checker ID and password if you haven't gotten the email yet?? I'd love to check mine...

fedex77

New

Post by fedex77 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:09 pm

pikalove wrote:
fedex77 wrote:My status checker says that my application is complete now, no email acknowledging application yet. Applied on 10/16/2009.
How did you get your Status Checker ID and password if you haven't gotten the email yet?? I'd love to check mine...
I'm a re-applicant. My last year's username and password still works.

ezryder609

New

Post by ezryder609 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:15 pm

I fear that decisions might take longer this year because Fordham took so long to post the 2010 application that they even pushed the EA deadline back from the Oct. 15th (I think) to the Nov. 1st.

I could be totally wrong and this made no difference (HOPEFULLY).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:16 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
nymets123 wrote:

Dean Brown essentially said that LORs don't matter that much, which was pretty surprising to me, and he stressed the importance of being early. As for early acceptances, I would expect about a two week delay from the time things went out last cycle. EA people are guaranteed to hear by December 15th, and I would guess the first good news will be arriving in November. I'm glad this is far behind me, and I now get to work on my long memo, and preparing for finals.

I wish you guys the best of luck. We had several threads of this nature last year . There was a lot of drama in the FRUSTRATED BY FORDHAM thread, complete with crying, freaking out, texting, emotional phone calls, and a good amount of drinking by at least a few of the parties involved: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=275

It was the people I shared it with that made the journey worthwhile. I hope you guys get in quickly and never have to go through any of this.
haha just once I'd love to see a Fordham thread that OS does not contribute to :wink:

Katerina

Bronze

Post by Katerina » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:30 am

finally complete at Fordham. Let the real waiting begin.

Unadilla Kayaker

Bronze

Post by Unadilla Kayaker » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:37 am

Katerina wrote:finally complete at Fordham. Let the real waiting begin.
I'm with ya. Just got my status checker e-mail. Here's to waiting!

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:06 pm

Got my status email this morning too! Good luck everyone :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

clem21

New

Post by clem21 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:20 pm

All complete now as well. Now I can relax for the next few weeks.

Right. Like that's gonna happen.

monkey85

Bronze

Post by monkey85 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:24 pm

I will wait here too, comfy couches.

Submitted: 10/26
Status Checker Email: 11/3

So people are expecting decisions around 11/20 for EA folks?

jrock12

Bronze

Post by jrock12 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:32 pm

for those care...for my cycle last year:

10/20: app. complete/status checker
12/11: offer of admission

clem21

New

Post by clem21 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:51 pm

jrock12 wrote:for those care...for my cycle last year:

10/20: app. complete/status checker
12/11: offer of admission
But 10/20 was after the EA deadline last year wasn't it?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”