Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:53 pm

even2flow wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote: And the fridge in the locker room was stacked with beers.
That doesn't surprise me in the least. If you're gonna do it, do it right.
Yeah unfortunately it had a huge chain and padlock around it hahah. Apparently it's for big leaguers only. So it just went across to the Cask and watched the AAA game that was on after ours.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:54 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
even2flow wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote: And the fridge in the locker room was stacked with beers.
Details question: What kind of beer?
Bud Light / Miller lite. For some reason umps love light beer. I know I did.

It also had a few handles of vodka, JD, rum, etc.

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:55 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
even2flow wrote:
Yeah unfortunately it had a huge chain and padlock around it hahah. Apparently it's for big leaguers only. So it just went across to the Cask and watched the AAA game that was on after ours.
Have a love/hate relationship with that place. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it makes me question my faith in humanity. Really depends on the crowd.

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:56 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:
even2flow wrote:
Details question: What kind of beer?
Bud Light / Miller lite. For some reason umps love light beer. I know I did.

It also had a few handles of vodka, JD, rum, etc.
I was gonna say 'No Coors? Fail' but then remembered my love affair with JD, and was totally okay with it.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:59 pm

even2flow wrote:I was gonna say 'No Coors? Fail' but then remembered my love affair with JD, and was totally okay with it.
There might have been Coors in there too. I probably have a picture of it somewhere. I took pictures of EVERYTHING that day. My crew got there at like 9am for a 1pm start and walked around every inch of the place (even signing my name in the inside of the monster!)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:02 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
even2flow wrote:I was gonna say 'No Coors? Fail' but then remembered my love affair with JD, and was totally okay with it.
There might have been Coors in there too. I probably have a picture of it somewhere. I took pictures of EVERYTHING that day. My crew got there at like 9am for a 1pm start and walked around every inch of the place (even signing my name in the inside of the monster!)
So how do I get this job now? I'm feeling law school may not pan out as I had hoped, and I'm looking for options.

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:08 pm

even2flow wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
So how do I get this job now? I'm feeling law school may not pan out as I had hoped, and I'm looking for options.
Scalper, umpire...you're keeping that options door wide open.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:13 pm

even2flow wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Ha this was just one good day out of 2 years of misery. I was lucky to get a cold hotdog after games at most other places.

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:17 pm

rockthelaw wrote:Scalper, umpire...you're keeping that options door wide open.
It's that or the 'nothing' I have planned otherwise.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:40 pm

Since there is nothing else going on here today, thought I'd share my favorite ejection. You need to listen to it to appreciate it fully.

http://www.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=6458903

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:44 pm

Ugh, we've turned into old boring men recently, haven't we?

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:13 pm

even2flow wrote:Ugh, we've turned into old boring men recently, haven't we?
Could be worse?

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:42 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Could be worse?
Hmmm talking about baseball, beer, golf...sounds like general man talk to me. No need to be ashamed.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:18 pm

got my motorcycle learner's permit today!

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:31 am

Any word on how long it takes to get the scholarship info?

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am

rockthelaw wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Could be worse?
Hmmm talking about baseball, beer, golf...sounds like general man talk to me. No need to be ashamed.
Valid. Missed this yesterday as I got sucked into a last minute meeting. The next question is whether or not we can get away with talking about women itt.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:53 pm

even2flow wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Could be worse?
Valid. Missed this yesterday as I got sucked into a last minute meeting. The next question is whether or not we can get away with talking about women itt.
Why not? There's no one else here anyway...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:57 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Why not? There's no one else here anyway...
Good point, this thread really died lately, huh? Wonder if everyone else is done worrying about law school for now.

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:59 pm

I would say that it's likely that people have started to significantly whittle down their options, and are now participating in fewer threads. The annoying April Fool's joke didn't help, either.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:00 pm

even2flow wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Why not? There's no one else here anyway...
Good point, this thread really died lately, huh? Wonder if everyone else is done worrying about law school for now.
all the threads have seem to have died lately. I think a lot of it is people making decisions, some of it is people having final exams, and here it's because nygrrrl ran away. but everyone in the washu thread has quite the on-going golf conversation if you'd like to join in over there...

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=325

jl2032

Bronze

Post by jl2032 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:05 pm

I'm still here... lurking, but don't have much to report... so maybe others are doing the same...

I'm refusing to put down a deposit at Fordham until they send me something by mail. It's been three weeks since my acceptance. How does a letter supposedly mailed 3/19 take almost three weeks to travel 3-4 miles?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:07 pm

jl2032 wrote:I'm still here... lurking, but don't have much to report... so maybe others are doing the same...

I'm refusing to put down a deposit at Fordham until they send me something by mail. It's been three weeks since my acceptance. How does a letter supposedly mailed 3/19 take almost three weeks to travel 3-4 miles?
Pigeon probably got lost. Set out some bread, they'll come.

But yeah, I've found I've been boring lately. No wild parties, no dangerous stunts. Plus I've been single for how long now...like 5 months? I dunno. I really should get on that. It's just that watching Lost requires so much less effort.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:12 pm

even2flow wrote:
jl2032 wrote:I'm still here... lurking, but don't have much to report... so maybe others are doing the same...

But yeah, I've found I've been boring lately. No wild parties, no dangerous stunts. Plus I've been single for how long now...like 5 months? I dunno. I really should get on that. It's just that watching Lost requires so much less effort.
lost is only one day a week (getting nuts! I wish my SO would catch up so I have someone to talk about its nuttiness with)

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:14 pm

Yeah, I want some info before I make a decision, otherwise I'll just have to withdraw.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:14 pm

even2flow wrote:

And Evangeline Lilly never tells you that you need to shave or put your dishes in the sink...

EDIT: DVRing LOST, no spoilers please!!!
Last edited by H. E. Pennypacker on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”