Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hannah87

Silver

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by hannah87 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:01 pm

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:I remember once a few years ago, we were in the poconos one summer, and I couldn't sleep. I watched a marathon of Family Ties all night for like 6 hours. It was the first and only time I've ever seen the show. I haven't seen it since. I'm not even sure it's real LOL
is that the one they reference in my fake fiance? with little rudy and kind mrs. someone who cares for all the orphans?

...anyone watch punky brewster, cartoon or otherwise?
what about when we were REALLY little- eureka's castle, david the gnome, the elephant show?
wasn't eureka's castle on nick jr.? i don't think we were that little. maybe i'm wrong.

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:02 pm

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:I remember once a few years ago, we were in the poconos one summer, and I couldn't sleep. I watched a marathon of Family Ties all night for like 6 hours. It was the first and only time I've ever seen the show. I haven't seen it since. I'm not even sure it's real LOL
is that the one they reference in my fake fiance? with little rudy and kind mrs. someone who cares for all the orphans?

what about when we were REALLY little- eureka's castle, david the gnome, the elephant show?
Two words: Fraggle Rock

jl2032

Bronze

Post by jl2032 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:03 pm

Dick Van Dyke, anyone??? Also recently rewatched all of those.

Mary Tyler Moore, and what's the one with the psychiatrist guy?

These shows were OLD. I was a weird kid.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:03 pm

hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:

wasn't eureka's castle on nick jr.? i don't think we were that little. maybe i'm wrong.
no it wasn't on nick jr because I watched it when I was really young and I know I didn't have cable then (we didn't have cable until we moved, and we moved when I was about 7)... I watched it the same time I watched cosby's kids' show.

carlkenneth

Bronze

Post by carlkenneth » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:04 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
YES!! Dance your cares away. Worry's for another day!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jl2032

Bronze

Post by jl2032 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:04 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:

FRAGGLE ROCK!!!!!!

The theme song was my ring tone throughout college... that and the Smurfs song. (but if we start to get into Saturday morning cartoons, I think the thread will explode)

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:04 pm

jl2032 wrote:Dick Van Dyke, anyone??? Also recently rewatched all of those.

Mary Tyler Moore, and what's the one with the psychiatrist guy?

These shows were OLD. I was a weird kid.
saw those too =) mary tyler moore starts out on a bike with balloons or something, doesn't she? and we can't help but mention I love lucy, the munsters, etc.

and I think I missed out on fraggle rock but everyone always talks about it!

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:05 pm

sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:

no it wasn't on nick jr because I watched it when I was really young and I know I didn't have cable then (we didn't have cable until we moved, and we moved when I was about 7)... I watched it the same time I watched cosby's kids' show.
"Eureeka's Castle was an American children's television series that aired on Nickelodeon from September 4, 1989 to June 30, 1995."

toldja so!!

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:06 pm

carlkenneth wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
YES!! Dance your cares away. Worry's for another day!
I was Wembly for Halloween two years ago. I was obsessed with that show as a child.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:08 pm

hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote: is that the one they reference in my fake fiance? with little rudy and kind mrs. someone who cares for all the orphans?

"Eureeka's Castle was an American children's television series that aired on Nickelodeon from September 4, 1989 to June 30, 1995."

toldja so!!
hm maybe we had basic cable or something. I know there was no disney until we moved. but we definitely weren't too old for it! we were 2 when it came out... I was anyway.

badpixie

Bronze

Post by badpixie » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:09 pm

I'm just going to sit here feeling old. :wink:

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:10 pm

sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

toldja so!!
hm maybe we had basic cable or something. I know there was no disney until we moved. but we definitely weren't too old for it! we were 2 when it came out... I was anyway.
i was also 2. maybe i'm just remembering the 1995 version, that i associate with my then-3-year-old sister.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:11 pm

badpixie wrote:I'm just going to sit here feeling old. :wink:
awww it's ok! we know mary tyler moore and gilligan's island! and the brady bunch!

<3 full house. miss seeing it during lunch like I did last year while in school

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:11 pm

badpixie wrote:I'm just going to sit here feeling old. :wink:
Ha -- it's cool. Apparently no one else here is old enough to remember You Can't Do that on Television...

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:12 pm

hannah87 wrote: i was also 2. maybe i'm just remembering the 1995 version, that i associate with my then-3-year-old sister.
isn't it weird thinking of ourselves as 2, ever? how odd...

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:12 pm

sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

toldja so!!
eureka's castle was my jam! but i was also a barney kid.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:13 pm

sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote: i was also 2. maybe i'm just remembering the 1995 version, that i associate with my then-3-year-old sister.
VERY. i don't believe that i was ever a child. never a normal child anyway. adults always said things like "she's 6 going on 36!" and the like.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:14 pm

Kim617 wrote: eureka's castle was my jam! but i was also a barney kid.
I just got another gray hair reading that haha.

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:15 pm

Yeah I def remember watching Eureka's Castle on Nickelodeon. What was that big green dragon? Was his name Puff too? I don't remember.

Kim - you were a Barney kid? ok now I feel old because I used to laugh at my little sisters who liked that show.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:15 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
Kim617 wrote: eureka's castle was my jam! but i was also a barney kid.
I just got another gray hair reading that haha.
I never saw barney until I was 7 or 8. I sat and read books while the other kids at my friend's mom's daycare watched it.

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:15 pm

hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:
VERY. i don't believe that i was ever a child. never a normal child anyway. adults always said things like "she's 6 going on 36!" and the like.
I was a late bloomer. I watched Nickelodeon well into my teens.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:16 pm

even2flow wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:
I still sneak onto Disney channel when no one is home. (what can I say? I like cartoons.)

jl2032

Bronze

Post by jl2032 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:19 pm

This was later, but remember Animaniacs?

I had people over a few weeks ago, and this little girl could name all the states and their capitals. She learned it from Wakko's song (we youtubed it later).

I only remembered Yakko's song (all the countries in the world), which would have been useless to memorize since the world has changed so much since then.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:19 pm

even2flow wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:
ha, me too. i was just always very serious. and had strange preferences- at age 4, i consistently chose to get a new pair of shoes (or sometimes a chapter book) instead of a toy.

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:21 pm

jl2032 wrote:This was later, but remember Animaniacs?

I had people over a few weeks ago, and this little girl could name all the states and their capitals. She learned it from Wakko's song (we youtubed it later).

I only remembered Yakko's song (all the countries in the world), which would have been useless to memorize since the world has changed so much since then.
Still know the states and capitals song!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”