Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
RubyDoomsday

Bronze

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by RubyDoomsday » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:57 pm

beebs wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Never seen that one. Maybe I'll throw it on my netflix list.

And how could I forget Entourage too! Although I thought it was pretty weak this past season.
I think of the TV shows I watch as commitments. Relationships, if you will. I vow to watch them weekly, be it on TV, the internet, or DVR.

Every week I show up for Entourage, and this past season, things changed. Week after week I'd feel nothing more than disappointment. So I started cheating with network shows like 30 Rock and Glee. What can I say? If Entourage wants to try harder, and promise to entertain me more, I'll consider getting back together.
This is why I stopped watching Grey's Anatomy and Ugly Betty....both had some of the best first seasons I had seen (Ugly Betty has one incredible arc over their Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas shows that I love, and Grey's Anatomy was good until somewhere in the middle of Season Two...Into You Like a Train being one the best episodes. After that they lost that the original concept of the show was to show the overworked grunts who look like shit all the time, not to be the Derek and Meredith show....okay, rant done)

The only show I keep on even though it is crap is Nip/Tuck....no matter how bad it is, and yes it is bad, it always had moments I conected with artistically.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:59 pm

Once they moved on from the carver plot in nip/tuck, it became ubearable for me to watch

RubyDoomsday

Bronze

Post by RubyDoomsday » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:01 pm

That was such a good story line

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:03 pm

I love True Blood, but I love acceptances more.

I'm assuming nobody has heard anything? Two people got notified at like, 11:30 PM last night, so I thought there would be a wave today.

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:05 pm

Changing the direction of the conversation slightly...I was all set to go to sleep around 10 last night (yay working world!) when I flipped to MTV and started watching "Jersey Shore," a (possibly new) show about "guidos" and "guidettes" forced to live in a house together for a summer at the - you guessed it - Jersey shore. I stayed up until 11:45 watching this trainwreck. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:06 pm

jk11287 wrote:I love True Blood, but I love acceptances more.

I'm assuming nobody has heard anything? Two people got notified at like, 11:30 PM last night, so I thought there would be a wave today.
It doesn't appear that anyone has heard anything, which is why I'm trying to keep people distracted with talk of fantastic TV shows. I finally joined the 21st century this summer and got a DVR so I've been recording every show imaginable. My latest gem, you ask? The League, on FX.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:07 pm

rockthelaw wrote:Changing the direction of the conversation slightly...I was all set to go to sleep around 10 last night (yay working world!) when I flipped to MTV and started watching "Jersey Shore," a (possibly new) show about "guidos" and "guidettes" forced to live in a house together for a summer at the - you guessed it - Jersey shore. I stayed up until 11:45 watching this trainwreck. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?
Yes, I didn't see it, but had about 5 emails from friends of mine who had seen it last night telling me how awesome it was.

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:07 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
jk11287 wrote:I love True Blood, but I love acceptances more.

It doesn't appear that anyone has heard anything, which is why I'm trying to keep people distracted with talk of fantastic TV shows. I finally joined the 21st century this summer and got a DVR so I've been recording every show imaginable. My latest gem, you ask? The League, on FX.
How about Rescue Me and Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia?

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:08 pm

I've heard nothing but great things about both of those shows, but for whatever reason, I haven't gotten around to watching them yet. I've had them on my netflix for forever but they always keep getting pushed back. Someday, though. Someday.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:10 pm

RubyDoomsday wrote:This is why I stopped watching Grey's Anatomy and Ugly Betty....
I will agree that the story line on both of these slumped a lot, but I still watch them as my guilty pleasure shows, along with Desperate Housewives. :mrgreen: So mindlessly entertaining.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:24 pm

I'm with Beebs - my shows are committments. I am currently seeing Nurse Jackie, amazing race and the 2nd season of Flight of the Conchords (just b\c)

beebs

Bronze

Post by beebs » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:27 pm

RubyDoomsday wrote:This is why I stopped watching Grey's Anatomy and Ugly Betty....
I broke up with Grey's this year too. It started to become nothing more than a stupid soap opera. Ditto with The Office. That was a difficult one to cut out of my life, but I'm better for it.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:27 pm

nygrrrl wrote:I'm with Beebs - my shows are committments. I am currently seeing Nurse Jackie, amazing race and the 2nd season of Flight of the Conchords (just b\c)
This might be my favorite clip from season 2. My crew used to listen to this in the locker room before games during spring training this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-EN8dpAvBw

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Joan Hollaway

Silver

Post by Joan Hollaway » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:43 pm

rockthelaw wrote:Changing the direction of the conversation slightly...I was all set to go to sleep around 10 last night (yay working world!) when I flipped to MTV and started watching "Jersey Shore," a (possibly new) show about "guidos" and "guidettes" forced to live in a house together for a summer at the - you guessed it - Jersey shore. I stayed up until 11:45 watching this trainwreck. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?
my bf and i were anxiously waiting for this show to premiere for weeks. i can honestly say (a little embarrassed by this) thats its the first show i actually watched commercials while watching because i didn't wanna wait till after it was DVRed :oops:

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:44 pm

Any other LOST fans in the house?

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:45 pm

danidancer wrote:Any other LOST fans in the house?
I missed season 5 but it is saved in my Netflix queue so I can hopfully plow through it before season 6 starts next year.

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:46 pm

beebs wrote:
I broke up with Grey's this year too. It started to become nothing more than a stupid soap opera. Ditto with The Office. That was a difficult one to cut out of my life, but I'm better for it.
I've stuck with The Office, but I'm losing interest. I do like how Michael and Dwight have become more believable characters throughout the seasons, but the Pam and Jim story is so over right now.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:48 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
I missed season 5 but it is saved in my Netflix queue so I can hopfully plow through it before season 6 starts next year.
Season 5 was fantastic. Things really start coming together and making sense. It's definitely worth a watch!

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:49 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
beebs wrote:
I've stuck with The Office, but I'm losing interest. I do like how Michael and Dwight have become more believable characters throughout the seasons, but the Pam and Jim story is so over right now.
I loved the wedding episode this year. For me, that made it worth it.

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:50 pm

+1

I'm anxious to see where they go with this last season. Not sure if I like the way the S5 finale is taking the show.

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:50 pm

eviee wrote:
my bf and i were anxiously waiting for this show to premiere for weeks. i can honestly say (a little embarrassed by this) thats its the first show i actually watched commercials while watching because i didn't wanna wait till after it was DVRed :oops:
I didn't believe for a second that "Snooki" was going to leave the house, even if she did continuously make an ass of herself.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lietx3

New

Post by lietx3 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:51 pm

How I Met Your Mother.

And House.

"Lawyered"

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:53 pm

lietx3 wrote:How I Met Your Mother.

And House.

"Lawyered"
Marshall Erikson is the real reason I want to go to law school.

lietx3

New

Post by lietx3 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:57 pm

Shit! I should have put that in my PS. Auto-admit fact!

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:00 pm

and just for the record, i wikipediaed where he went to law school......Columbia.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”