Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nygrrrl

Gold

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by nygrrrl » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:54 am

even2flow wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:cookie baking...
I'm going to PM you my home address. Feel free to send love.
LOL - today's batch will be chocolate chip...

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:56 am

nygrrrl wrote:
even2flow wrote:

Mmmmm, I'm making chocolate raspberry cookies tomorrow :-)

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:57 am

nygrrrl wrote:
even2flow wrote:
Chocolate chip cookies are my weakness.

It's okay though, I'm still within that age bracket where I'm young enough that it's perfectly acceptable to go home to get a batch of my Ma's cookies (that age being anywhere below 65).

AlanShore

Silver

Post by AlanShore » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:52 pm

snowstorm my ass. its drizzling here. lame

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:20 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Well I'm only an hour north or the city and we haven't gotten nearly the snow we were expecting. Maybe 1.5 inches. Very disappointing.
Ya, I'm not convinced we're going to get the 18 inches I was hoping for...
I'm completely snowed in! And we're supposed to get way more tonight!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:27 pm

Kim617 wrote: I'm completely snowed in! And we're supposed to get way more tonight!
Blargh.
AlanShore wrote:snowstorm my ass. its drizzling here. lame
Same, but I'm still leaving work early because my boss just did.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:28 pm

even2flow wrote:
Kim617 wrote: I'm completely snowed in! And we're supposed to get way more tonight!
Blargh.
We had like... mini, half-rain snowflakes this morning. My job = 1 hour of work in an 8 hour day. I want to go home early too.

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:41 pm

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:
Blargh.
We had like... mini, half-rain snowflakes this morning. My job = 1 hour of work in an 8 hour day. I want to go home early too.
It's basically a white out here downtown. We just got word that we can leave work at 2pm. I am so very happy :-D

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:46 pm

The snow I'm not worried about, it's the horrifying incompetence of New England drivers. One flake of snow and they just start screaming and crashing into each other in an attempt to get away from "THE WORST BLIZZARD IN THE HISTORY OF MAN."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:52 pm

LaurenGayle wrote: It's basically a white out here downtown. We just got word that we can leave work at 2pm. I am so very happy :-D
even2flow wrote:The snow I'm not worried about, it's the horrifying incompetence of New England drivers. One flake of snow and they just start screaming and crashing into each other in an attempt to get away from "THE WORST BLIZZARD IN THE HISTORY OF MAN."

Yeah people are so silly. A white out happens about once a week here....

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:57 pm

sibley wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote: It's basically a white out here downtown. We just got word that we can leave work at 2pm. I am so very happy :-D
even2flow wrote:The snow I'm not worried about, it's the horrifying incompetence of New England drivers. One flake of snow and they just start screaming and crashing into each other in an attempt to get away from "THE WORST BLIZZARD IN THE HISTORY OF MAN."

Ha -- not afraid in the snow, just jealous of all the people who got off of work for a full day today. We've had about 20 visitors all day, no need to be open. Just glad I get to go home early :-)

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:00 pm

My school was closed today, but I'm more worried about tomorrow. It's still snowing hard, and my school is probably not going to be closed tomorrow. Should be an interesting commute assuming I can get out of my house.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:04 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:

Ha -- not afraid in the snow, just jealous of all the people who got off of work for a full day today. We've had about 20 visitors all day, no need to be open. Just glad I get to go home early :-)
HEE - Just looked out the window 5 minutes ago and thought of you! Wondered if they'd let you go home, due to Whiteout conditions!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:50 pm

nygrrrl wrote: HEE - Just looked out the window 5 minutes ago and thought of you! Wondered if they'd let you go home, due to Whiteout conditions!
Aww, thanks :-) It's nice to be home. Less than half our staff was in today anyway, staying until 5:30 just didn't make sense.

cherryalamode

Bronze

Post by cherryalamode » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:14 pm

I hope that this snow melts OR gets bigger (so I DON'T have to go to work again)...

Am currently watching Full House, of all things lol.

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:16 pm

Sad thing for me today was that it took me until about 2:30 to realize checking my status checkers was pointless for the day.
cherryalamode wrote:Am currently watching Full House, of all things lol.
So jealous. I was gonna watch Lost but I figure since I'm home I might as well go to the gym. Ugh, spring can't come fast enough, I hate the gym.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:18 pm

even2flow wrote:Sad thing for me today was that it took me until about 2:30 to realize checking my status checkers was pointless for the day.
So jealous. I was gonna watch Lost but I figure since I'm home I might as well go to the gym. Ugh, spring can't come fast enough, I hate the gym.

1) Full House is the reason I miss college. I'm never home during the day to see it anymore =(

2) Watch Lost WHILE you're at the gym. You'll do more cardio that way, maybe!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cherryalamode

Bronze

Post by cherryalamode » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:22 pm

even2flow wrote:Sad thing for me today was that it took me until about 2:30 to realize checking my status checkers was pointless for the day.
Lol you serious? Im jealous of YOU. I wish I had the will to go to the gym. But regardless, the gym is outside (15 min walk withOUT snow) so I wouldn't go anyway. Gosh, tell me how to pick my butt up and make myself move....

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:35 pm

I'm a very very restless person. Plus I'm goin to the Bahamas in March during college spring break so I gotta look, uh, whats the word all the kids say "fresh?"

yeah, I think that was it.

I'm gonna fit in so well down there.

fenderjsm88

Bronze

Post by fenderjsm88 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Fordham is the only school I applied to with an online status checker that is not at least "in review" yet. And it's one of my top choices! Come on!

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:24 pm

fenderjsm88 wrote:Fordham is the only school I applied to with an online status checker that is not at least "in review" yet. And it's one of my top choices! Come on!
There is no "in review". It goes straight to decision.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:25 pm

fenderjsm88 wrote:Fordham is the only school I applied to with an online status checker that is not at least "in review" yet. And it's one of my top choices! Come on!
Mine is still complete as well. Mean.

fenderjsm88

Bronze

Post by fenderjsm88 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:41 pm

SAE wrote:
There is no "in review". It goes straight to decision.
Oh ok. It's not so bad then.

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:53 pm

cherryalamode wrote:
Lol you serious? Im jealous of YOU. I wish I had the will to go to the gym. But regardless, the gym is outside (15 min walk withOUT snow) so I wouldn't go anyway. Gosh, tell me how to pick my butt up and make myself move....
I didn't want to wade through the snow so I did some online Yoga. Gym at home!

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:21 pm

LaurenGayle wrote: I didn't want to wade through the snow so I did some online Yoga. Gym at home!
I bought a set of rollers to ride my bike in my apt so I could watch Lost and ride at the same time (multi-tasking rocks), but my downstairs neighbor complains every time I use it, so I'm forced to go to the gym if I wanna ride inside.

He then proceeds to typically ask me if I want to come play guitar with him. The answer to that riddle is always no.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”