Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sibley

Gold

Re: paradise Waiting Room

Post by sibley » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:02 am

lmao. who did this.. os? someone activated the swear word filter thing... ha. it doesn't let you say her name either... unless that's her last name (but I do think it's a legally blonde reference)... or that thing with the l and then the o and then the other l. haaaa april fools is funny.

<tests>
fordham
paradise

yupppp! teehee. nice.

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:21 am

I'm trying to decide if it's acceptable to prank people at work today.

Anyone have any good 4/1 stories?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:22 am

even2flow wrote:I'm trying to decide if it's acceptable to prank people at work today.

not unless you can get two sheep real quick (and your building has 3 floors)

Download the ipod dog whistle and keep having it go off. they'll spend all day trying to find the obnoxious noise that only girls can hear (happens here all the time)

and the beast

New

Post by and the beast » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:24 am

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:I'm trying to decide if it's acceptable to prank people at work today.

Download the ipod dog whistle and keep having it go off. they'll spend all day trying to find the obnoxious noise that only girls can hear (happens here all the time)

...hahahah. wtf kind of place do you work in?? :)

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:26 am

and the beast wrote:
sibley wrote:

...hahahah. wtf kind of place do you work in?? :)
lol. I work at kodak. there's this sound that'll go on all day once in a while and we can never find it. the guys can't hear it... I don't think it's someone playing a prank, it's just some electrical malfunction.

we used to have this guy working with us who had a remote control fart machine. glad he's not here for today... I didn't like him anyway.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:29 am

sibley wrote:your attempt at humor is the most laughable thing about your post; sadly, it is not that laughable. I work at kodak. there's this sound that'll go on all day once in a while and we can never find it. the guys can't hear it... I don't think it's someone playing a prank, it's just some electrical malfunction.

we used to have this guy working with us who had a remote control fart machine. glad he's not here for today... I didn't like him anyway.
I have a feeling that if I set something off called a dog whistle, the women in the building may take that metaphor a step further than I intend it.

You have me intrigued with the sheep. Assuming I was able to get my hands on a few sheep and I had 3 floors of buildnig to work with. Are we talking about setting them loose in the building?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:30 am

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:your attempt at humor is the most laughable thing about your post; sadly, it is not that laughable. I work at kodak. there's this sound that'll go on all day once in a while and we can never find it. the guys can't hear it... I don't think it's someone playing a prank, it's just some electrical malfunction.

I have a feeling that if I set something off called a dog whistle, the women in the building may take that metaphor a step further than I intend it.

You have me intrigued with the sheep. Assuming I was able to get my hands on a few sheep and I had 3 floors of buildnig to work with. Are we talking about setting them loose in the building?
here's what ya do. you paint a 1 on one, put it on the first floor. you paint a 3 on the other, put it on the third floor. then they spend all day looking for 2 =D

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:33 am

I would recommend anything Jim has done to Dwight or Andy.

chutzpah

Bronze

Post by chutzpah » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:33 am

We did a variation of that as our senior prank in high school. Some kids bought three live chickens from chinatown and put tags that said 1, 2, and 4 on them and let them loose in the school. The janitorial staff was not pleased.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:33 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

QUAD DESK!

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:37 am

hannah87 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

QUAD DESK!
Cell Phone in the ceiling was my favorite of all time.

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:37 am

We did hide an entire pack (one of those big boxes) of our buddies gf's tampons in his room in college one year. The reason we did this was because she made him go out and buy the big box, and she kept them in our house. Kids the next year were still finding them, asking "Dude, why was there a tampon in the back of the freezer?"

We did this largely b/c we hated his gf.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:38 am

hannah87 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

QUAD DESK!
lol. I 2nd this actually.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:39 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

QUAD DESK!
I did that to a guy at work last year. He ahd that irish song from the departed as his ringtone (I don't know the name of the song) and he would always listen to it ring and ring because he loved teh effing song.

I ended up hiding a bunch of his stuff in various places at work.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:41 am

even2flow wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
hannah87 wrote: I would recommend anything Jim has done to Dwight or Andy.
QUAD DESK!
I did that to a guy at work last year. He ahd that irish song from the departed as his ringtone (I don't know the name of the song) and he would always listen to it ring and ring because he loved teh effing song.

I ended up hiding a bunch of his stuff in various places at work.[/quote]

my building is modular so the ceilings are over 20 feet high. we have a cube here filled with chairs. maybe I'll move them all into someone's cube when they go for lunch or a smoke break.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:46 am

your attempt at humor is the most laughable thing about your post; sadly, it is not that laughable
What is the meaning behind this? I'm seeing it repeated everywhere. Am I missing something?

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:47 am

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:48 am

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:48 am

SaintClarence27 wrote:I like the nickels in the phone headset, gradually increasing the weight, then removing them all.
hahaha, i forgot that one. jello ring supplies is a classic.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:49 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
your attempt at humor is the most laughable thing about your post; sadly, it is not that laughable
What is the meaning behind this? I'm seeing it repeated everywhere. Am I missing something?

yeah there are a lot of them other than l.ol.. a lot of the t14s do it, if you say +.1 it does it. etc.

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:50 am

SaintClarence27 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
It's auto-done for 4/1. Anytime someone types "L.O.L."
Yea, I typed the phrase in question, and that message appeared instead of my text.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jl2032

Bronze

Post by jl2032 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:53 am

lol comes up as lol

+1 comes up as +1

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:53 am

rockthelaw wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
It's auto-done for 4/1. Anytime someone types "L.O.L."
Yea, I typed the phrase in question, and that message appeared instead of my text.
ohhh gotcha. That must be why everyone is spelling everything with a period after every letter. Those clever T.L.S mods...

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:54 am

jl2032 wrote:lol comes up as your attempt at humor is the most laughable thing about your post; sadly, it is not that laughable

+1 comes up as I am opposed to what you just said, as well as the manner in which you said it

oh smart way to avoid it!

O.S is OS

I wanted to tell you guys something! Totally forgot!
You know how you were all talking about how cool your tour guide was and he didn't even tell you he was going to be editor of law review until someone passing by outted him? Well the same thing happened to me at wustl! the tour guide told us she was on law review but didn't tell us she was doing to be editor... until one of her classmates (an older guy who was more professor-aged) came by and told us all. and she smacked him and told him to hush.

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:27 pm

This made for a good laugh today.

Oh dammit, I can't even post the word 'michigan' in a link. Nevermind. It's the Michigan post about the secret society at abovethelaw.com Top left corner. Made for a good laugh.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”