Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jk11287

Bronze

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by jk11287 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:56 am

No changes yet today!

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:59 am

jk11287 wrote:No changes yet today!
+1

No news is good news as far as I'm concerned.

RubyDoomsday

Bronze

Post by RubyDoomsday » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:07 am

goosey wrote:Another day of torture awaits us, kids..

Just out of curiousity, anyone complete 11/2 and not received a reply yet?
Same....sigh.

The Fordham alumns at my work seem confident I will get in....really, why is it that everyone else can be so confident about our chances yet the bulk of us are spazzing non-stop.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:08 am

RubyDoomsday wrote:

Same....sigh.

The Fordham alumns at my work seem confident I will get in....really, why is it that everyone else can be so confident about our chances yet the bulk of us are spazzing non-stop.
Because very few people seem to realize how competative this whole process has gotten.

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:09 am

RubyDoomsday wrote:

Same....sigh.

Because spazzing is more fun than staring at database tables like I'm doing at my job.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:13 am

rockthelaw wrote:
RubyDoomsday wrote:

Same....sigh.

Because spazzing is more fun than staring at database tables like I'm doing at my job.
That too....

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:32 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:
RubyDoomsday wrote:

Same....sigh.

That too....
I was trying to upload the picture of my festivus pole to show you the most exciting thing that's currently happening at my office, but I realized that I don't know how to do that.

So I'll just tell you that there is a sign about the history of Festivus next to the pole, so no one tries to adorn it. There was an...incident...last year when my CEO taped a candy cane on it because it was "ugly."

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:33 am

:lol:
I guess they had several people freaking out.
My status has now returned to,
"Your application is complete."

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:34 am

LaurenGayle wrote:
I was trying to upload the picture of my festivus pole to show you the most exciting thing that's currently happening at my office, but I realized that I don't know how to do that.

So I'll just tell you that there is a sign about the history of Festivus next to the pole, so no one tries to adorn it. There was an...incident...last year when my CEO taped a candy cane on it because it was "ugly."
Frank Costanza would have been very upset about that....he also finds tinsel very distracting.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

RubyDoomsday

Bronze

Post by RubyDoomsday » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:38 am

nygrrrl wrote::lol:
Hah, I would love to be on that phone call:

AdCom 1: "Well, we want to let them know where they stand so they will stop calling"

AdCom 2: "Well, let's just waitlist these guys and look at them after the New Year"

Adcom 1: "Good plan, Bob, but what about the folks we're still looking at?"

AdCom 2: "Well, we can just leave them hang in limbo, or we can tell some of them that they are "In Review""

AdCom 1: "But aren't all of them in review? Won't that just make the stress worse?"

AdCom 2: "Oh please, Chuck, they aren't stressed, they just enjoy calling our office every 20 minutes and pissing off our assistant. Trust me, the "In Review" thing will just clear so much up...."

(TWO DAYS LATER)

AdCom 1: "Fail, Bob, fail"

AdCom 2: (silence)

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:47 am

RubyDoomsday wrote:
Hah, I would love to be on that phone call:

AdCom 1: "Well, we want to let them know where they stand so they will stop calling"

AdCom 2: "Well, let's just waitlist these guys and look at them after the New Year"

Adcom 1: "Good plan, Bob, but what about the folks we're still looking at?"

AdCom 2: "Well, we can just leave them hang in limbo, or we can tell some of them that they are "In Review""

AdCom 1: "But aren't all of them in review? Won't that just make the stress worse?"

AdCom 2: "Oh please, Chuck, they aren't stressed, they just enjoy calling our office every 20 minutes and pissing off our assistant. Trust me, the "In Review" thing will just clear so much up...."

(TWO DAYS LATER)

AdCom 1: "Fail, Bob, fail"

AdCom 2: (silence)
LOLOL

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:53 am

--ImageRemoved--

RubyDoomsday

Bronze

Post by RubyDoomsday » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:26 pm

I must be the only person who does not undertstand the festivus joke...but then again most of Seinfeld wasn't really my style.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:39 pm

RubyDoomsday wrote:I must be the only person who does not undertstand the festivus joke...but then again most of Seinfeld wasn't really my style.
A somewhat hilarous, pseduoserious explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festivus

dms87

Bronze

Post by dms87 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:40 pm

RubyDoomsday wrote:I must be the only person who does not undertstand the festivus joke...but then again most of Seinfeld wasn't really my style.
Then you have no style.
NO FORDHAM FOR YOU!

j/k j/k

knows11

New

Post by knows11 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:58 pm

This is officially my first post, but I have reached the point where I am too worried not to say something.

I applied for EA and have been complete since 11/2, my GPA is above the 25th percentile and my LSAT is above the 75th percentile. However, earlier today, I received a phone call from the assistant director of admissions and they had a question about my statement of disclosure, which was for use of a fake id. I'm really worried that this is going to keep me out of Fordham and I really want to go, I want the option of going to a good school close to home and now I am overly concerned. Does anyone have any idea if this is going to adversely affect my application?

On a position note for everyone else, she indicated to me that they are really trying hard to make sure that everyone who applied EA hears either today or tomorrow. So the waiting is almost done.

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:05 pm

Me too...I guess we can expect a decision soon?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:06 pm

knows11 wrote:This is officially my first post, but I have reached the point where I am too worried not to say something.

I applied for EA and have been complete since 11/2, my GPA is above the 25th percentile and my LSAT is above the 75th percentile. However, earlier today, I received a phone call from the assistant director of admissions and they had a question about my statement of disclosure, which was for use of a fake id. I'm really worried that this is going to keep me out of Fordham and I really want to go, I want the option of going to a good school close to home and now I am overly concerned. Does anyone have any idea if this is going to adversely affect my application?

On a position note for everyone else, she indicated to me that they are really trying hard to make sure that everyone who applied EA hears either today or tomorrow. So the waiting is almost done.
I would think that if they called you about it, they're still considering you. If they disliked it enough, they would have just rejected you. I spoke to a Dean once who said that generally with these type of issues, it's not what you did, but how you write about it. Do you try and make excuses, pass the blame on someone else, ramble on with unnecessary details, etc. I think the call means at worst, they are still undecided, but if you cleared up whatever they needed cleared up, hopefully you'll get it. Good Luck!

RubyDoomsday

Bronze

Post by RubyDoomsday » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:10 pm

knows11 wrote:This is officially my first post, but I have reached the point where I am too worried not to say something.

knows11:

Calm down, I promise you, if they like you, a fake ID will not hurt you. A friend of mine owns a hedge fund and when they were running a background check on a potential employee they found he had plead guilty to some type of forgery. My friend and his partners freaked out, until they checked into it and it turned out that the potential new epmloyee (now in his late 20s) had gotten his fake ID confiscated at a bar when he was 20. The bouncer, rather then just cut up the ID, reported him to the police.

It happens a lot, much like a parking ticket or speeding ticket. The AdCom knows this, they probably wanted to make sure that you weren't leaving something out (like, serving alcohol to minors or getting a DUI) and that they were confident that you had grown out of that stage.

Lots of people make mistakes in college....so chillax.

Cryptonion

New

Post by Cryptonion » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:13 pm

Dear folks, congrats to those who are already in and good luck to those still waiting.

does anyone hv any idea about the ratio of admissions between EA and RA of Fordham? do they give out most admissions early???? Seems a lot of ppl got admission from EA already. Very anxious. Coz I did my undergrad overseas and it just takes forever for LSAC to process my transcript!! I think I prob hv to wait until Jan to complete any app :'(((((

My numbers: 167, intl UGPA (I guess it would be an 'above average' from others' experience, stupid LSAC dumb dumb!), graduate GPA 3.82 from a very top university (but I guess nobody cares about grad GPA!) and I m applying to the evening PT program.

I m REALLY REALLY ANXIOUS becoz this PT program is to secure my current job. THANK YOU A LOT LOT for giving me any advice!

P.S. sorry to those who might hv seem this post several other places...i just really need some words...

RubyDoomsday

Bronze

Post by RubyDoomsday » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:24 pm

Cryptonion wrote:Dear folks, congrats to those who are already in and good luck to those still waiting.

does anyone hv any idea about the ratio of admissions between EA and RA of Fordham? do they give out most admissions early???? Seems a lot of ppl got admission from EA already. Very anxious. Coz I did my undergrad overseas and it just takes forever for LSAC to process my transcript!! I think I prob hv to wait until Jan to complete any app :'(((((

My numbers: 167, intl UGPA (I guess it would be an 'above average' from others' experience, stupid LSAC dumb dumb!), graduate GPA 3.82 from a very top university (but I guess nobody cares about grad GPA!) and I m applying to the evening PT program.

I m REALLY REALLY ANXIOUS becoz this PT program is to secure my current job. THANK YOU A LOT LOT for giving me any advice!

P.S. sorry to those who might hv seem this post several other places...i just really need some words...
You really should be in, your numbers are high. But really, try and get your application in as soon as possible.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pikalove

Bronze

Post by pikalove » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:32 pm

Hey guys, I just withdrew my application from Fordham (got into NYU ED) so hopefully another spot will open up for you guys soon :) . Good luck!!

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:33 pm

pikalove wrote:Hey guys, I just withdrew my application from Fordham (got into NYU ED) so hopefully another spot will open up for you guys soon :) . Good luck!!
Congrats and Thank You!! Best of luck at NYU

I would also like to call "dibs" on that spot, in case that's how Fordham wants to handle this.

RubyDoomsday

Bronze

Post by RubyDoomsday » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:38 pm

pikalove wrote:Hey guys, I just withdrew my application from Fordham (got into NYU ED) so hopefully another spot will open up for you guys soon :) . Good luck!!
Congrats pika! I went NYU UG....warning, they bring a new meaning to the word "red tape," but I loved the experience like crazy.

RubyDoomsday

Bronze

Post by RubyDoomsday » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:39 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Congrats and Thank You!! Best of luck at NYU

I would also like to call "dibs" on that spot, in case that's how Fordham wants to handle this.
Hey, I call dibs first, I am still at complete!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”