Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NancyBotwin

Silver

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by NancyBotwin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:08 pm

Burger in a can wrote:So is this information from the FAQ section on their website wrong?
Do you have an early action program?
Yes, although it is not binding and you must qualify. To qualify, you must take the LSAT prior to September 2008 and submit your application by October 15. You will be notified by December 15th as long as your file is completed and ready for review.
I'm sure the correct info is on the apps themselves, and it doesn't matter to me because I submitted on Nov. 9th, but it's still weird that the website seems to be posting false information.
Well, it normally is Oct 15, but they were late getting their app out this year, so they changed it to Nov 1.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:09 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:So is this information from the FAQ section on their website wrong?

Yes, although it is not binding and you must qualify. To qualify, you must take the LSAT prior to September 2008 and submit your application by October 15. You will be notified by December 15th as long as your file is completed and ready for review.
Yes. That FAQ page is from 2008.
Gotcha. Thanks. I'll try to stop asking stupid questions now. :D
2009 states:

"Do you have an early action program?
Yes, although it is not binding and you must qualify. To qualify, you must take the LSAT prior to December 2009 and submit your application by November 1st. You will be notified by December 15th as long as your file is completed and ready for review."

RubyDoomsday

Bronze

Post by RubyDoomsday » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:16 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
texaspecial88 wrote:Do you think they will send out a wave of acceptances this week????
I hope so! According to LSN they gave out a handful in the few days before Thanksgiving last year, so maybe they'll repeat that.

Edit: sorry, they gave out a handful of decisions (I was just looking at the dates, not the actual results) - but they were waitlists/rejects. So maybe hope NOT to hear from them this week.
But remember, they started this process 2 weeks later this year than last year, so we still could hear stuff good. It's been less than a month since their deadline, I doubt they are going to make notifying rejections top priority (when there are people with killer numbers to say yes to first :D )

I feel like WL and rejections will not go out until Dec...if only because I know some people who work in admissions at universities and the reject letter ALWAYS go out later.

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:39 pm

W.T.F. I have been complete since 10/19 and still nothing. W.T.F.

Oban

Silver

Post by Oban » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:04 pm

I think most people are in the same situation. Chill

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:11 pm

Oban wrote:I think most people are in the same situation. Chill
you think? I would be surprised if I get a flat-out rejections (3.65 from top 10/ 167),
but I am becoming a bit impatient/ worried seeing as quite a few people have heard back

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:13 pm

SanBun wrote:seeing as quite a few people have heard back
Not really. And like someone said earlier, they did start 2 weeks later than normal. I've been complete since 11/2 and have also heard nothing.

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:20 pm

Love to, but can't. Trying to coordinate moving, my significant other's job prospects in three different cities, my wedding....which are all dependent upon which law schools I get into. I have been complete for over a month, whereas a lot of people have already got decisions who submitted weeks after me. Soooo relaxing isn't really an option right now.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:21 pm

jk11287 wrote:
Love to, but can't. Trying to coordinate moving, my significant other's job prospects in three different cities, my wedding....which are all dependent upon which law schools I get into. I have been complete for over a month, whereas a lot of people have already got decisions who submitted weeks after me. Soooo relaxing isn't really an option right now.
JK, if you don't mind my asking - what are your numbers?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

RubyDoomsday

Bronze

Post by RubyDoomsday » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:42 pm

jk11287 wrote:
I know it's tough, you need to relax though. We are all up in the air, quite a few with SOs whose lives are also in limbo while we wait for an answer. I give you credit for deciding to plan a wedding while this process is going, I have made it very clear I will not even be thinking about an engagement until the end of law school.

The best advice I can give is walk away from the internet and spend some time with that fiancee. The status checker will still be there...

texaspecial88

Bronze

Post by texaspecial88 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:54 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:
Encyclopedia Brown wrote:

Yes. That FAQ page is from 2008.
Gotcha. Thanks. I'll try to stop asking stupid questions now. :D
2009 states:

"Do you have an early action program?
Yes, although it is not binding and you must qualify. To qualify, you must take the LSAT prior to December 2009 and submit your application by November 1st. You will be notified by December 15th as long as your file is completed and ready for review."
I both took the LSAT and applied by those required dates, but i dont remember checking an "early action" box? is there such a box on the app? will i qualify for EA as i submitted by app before the deadline?

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:55 pm

texaspecial88 wrote: I both took the LSAT and applied by those required dates, but i dont remember checking an "early action" box? is there such a box on the app? will i qualify for EA as i submitted by app before the deadline?
You're automatically considered EA if you meet the deadlines.

texaspecial88

Bronze

Post by texaspecial88 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:59 pm

sweet, so i should hear by mid-december?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

RubyDoomsday

Bronze

Post by RubyDoomsday » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:02 pm

texaspecial88 wrote:sweet, so i should hear by mid-december?
Yes, but "hearing" could be deffered to Regular Admission....

texaspecial88

Bronze

Post by texaspecial88 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:05 pm

RubyDoomsday wrote:
that's what happened to me at UT, i don't know if I can handle another one of those, lol...

beebs

Bronze

Post by beebs » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:09 pm

RubyDoomsday wrote:
jk11287 wrote:
I know it's tough, you need to relax though. We are all up in the air, quite a few with SOs whose lives are also in limbo while we wait for an answer. I give you credit for deciding to plan a wedding while this process is going, I have made it very clear I will not even be thinking about an engagement until the end of law school.

The best advice I can give is walk away from the internet and spend some time with that fiancee. The status checker will still be there...
This is some good advice. Although I don't have a wedding to plan, or an engagement to worry about, there are plenty of things I could do instead of refresh my status checker.

RubyDoomsday

Bronze

Post by RubyDoomsday » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:13 pm

texaspecial88 wrote:
RubyDoomsday wrote:
that's what happened to me at UT, i don't know if I can handle another one of those, lol...
I know, I am not thrilled with that possibility, but it would beat being waitlisted and sure as hell beat rejection outright.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

beebs

Bronze

Post by beebs » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:26 pm

How do we feel about acceptances being given out tomorrow? I'm thinking...

Maybe... Hopefully...Hopefully-maybe...

RubyDoomsday

Bronze

Post by RubyDoomsday » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:40 pm

beebs wrote:How do we feel about acceptances being given out tomorrow? I'm thinking...

Maybe... Hopefully...Hopefully-maybe...
I feel like something will happen tomorrow, they know they are two weeks behind and their RDs have got to be backing up. Maybe another wave? Hopefully something for those of us with lower numbers.....and maybe those of us who told Fordham point blank that if accepted they would matriculate?? Please :)
Last edited by RubyDoomsday on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:51 pm

Beebs, were you on the tour, today?
RubyDoomsday wrote: Maybe another wave? Hopefully something for those of us with lower numbers.....and maybe those of who told Fordham point blank that if accepted they would matriculate?? Please :)
Also, THIS ^^^ + 100000

painsinmysides

New

Post by painsinmysides » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:00 pm

I received a decision via email, formal mailing pending, last week on Wednesday I believe.

Admitted -- 167, 3.72

Hope this helps.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:02 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
jk11287 wrote:
169/3.2, but there's a story behind the GPA. But yeah, I know I'm a splitter. Still...

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:03 pm

RubyDoomsday wrote:
jk11287 wrote:

Yeah, I know, I'm not trying to say that I'm the only person with a life...I'm just frustrated by how long its taking. But let's be serious, I'll still sit here and refresh the status checker all day.

RubyDoomsday

Bronze

Post by RubyDoomsday » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:11 pm

jk11287 wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
jk11287 wrote:
169/3.2, but there's a story behind the GPA. But yeah, I know I'm a splitter. Still...
But that is a big split, and you have to remember, even with a story, they have to report that 3.2. Just give them some time to see that they really want you. Does getting in three weeks from now or three months from now make it any less sweet?

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:02 pm

RubyDoomsday wrote: But that is a big split, and you have to remember, even with a story, they have to report that 3.2. Just give them some time to see that they really want you. Does getting in three weeks from now or three months from now make it any less sweet?
Question is do law schools care more about LSAT or GPA? If they have a choice to either higher their 75% GPA or 75% LSAT, what would they want to raise?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”