NYU ED 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ravens20
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:17 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby ravens20 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:57 am

Have any of the ED folk gone complete yet? I only just received my "application received e-mail". I seriously don't think I can stand to wait till December for a decision.

User avatar
pikalove
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby pikalove » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:59 pm

Yup!! I received the complete and now under review e-mail yesterday....

Now for a long wait :cry:

sotomayor
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:50 am

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby sotomayor » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:02 pm

pikalove wrote:Yup!! I received the complete and now under review e-mail yesterday....

Now for a long wait :cry:



+1...hopefully get some good news before thanksgiving

User avatar
facetious
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:56 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby facetious » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:55 pm

ravens20 wrote:Have any of the ED folk gone complete yet? I only just received my "application received e-mail". I seriously don't think I can stand to wait till December for a decision.


just app received for me too. they took quite a little while to get back to me. at least we know we'll get a decision by mid-december. still, such a long wait.

User avatar
Drew2010
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby Drew2010 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:24 am

Just checking in as a fellow NYU ED'er... recently got the complete/under review e-mail. Can't wait to hear back... if I get in I'll pretty much immediately start trying to find a way to move up there!! I think I've got a chance, but how confident I am about it varies tremendously depending on when people ask me...

bazoogakitty
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:51 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby bazoogakitty » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:41 pm

Hi! Also applying ED to NYU... App received email came on 11/4, have not received complete email yet.

User avatar
pikalove
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby pikalove » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:12 pm

Does anyone have an idea when ED people started hearing back last year??

I am so impatient....

User avatar
Drew2010
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby Drew2010 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:52 pm

pikalove wrote:Does anyone have an idea when ED people started hearing back last year??

I am so impatient....


From checking on LSN it looks like the last few years people have started hearing back the first two weeks of December. I think the earliest I saw was the first week, like the 4th.

User avatar
pikalove
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby pikalove » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:29 pm

Drew2010 wrote: From checking on LSN it looks like the last few years people have started hearing back the first two weeks of December. I think the earliest I saw was the first week, like the 4th.


Thanks Drew... thats good to know! I'm glad I'm not the only person nosing through the TLS archives for useful tidbits :D

Now, if I could only convince myself to relax and forget about it until December 4th.... (0% chance of that!)

User avatar
ravens20
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:17 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby ravens20 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:10 am

How exactly can we confirm that they received our early decision contract? I am paranoid that it somehow got lost in the mail or the admissions people somehow lost it.

Blazers4Life
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby Blazers4Life » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:08 pm

Application submitted via LSAC yesterday; ED contract mailed this morning. Feels good. So, are they going to send an email letting me know they got everything?
Last edited by Blazers4Life on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
pikalove
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby pikalove » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:13 pm

Blazers4Life wrote:Application submitted via LSAC yesterday; ED contact mailed this morning. Feels good. So, are they going to send an email letting me know they got everything?


You sure will!!............ eventually :?

User avatar
facetious
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:56 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby facetious » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:17 pm

pikalove wrote:
Blazers4Life wrote:Application submitted via LSAC yesterday; ED contact mailed this morning. Feels good. So, are they going to send an email letting me know they got everything?


You sure will!!............ eventually :?


yea, nyu sucks at communicating. really sucks. long wait ahead.

ColumbiaGirl1984
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby ColumbiaGirl1984 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:28 pm

bazoogakitty wrote:Hi! Also applying ED to NYU... App received email came on 11/4, have not received complete email yet.


what is the "status" we want before the deadline? "complete" or "received"?

User avatar
ravens20
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:17 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby ravens20 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:22 am

Blazers4Life wrote:Application submitted via LSAC yesterday; ED contract mailed this morning. Feels good. So, are they going to send an email letting me know they got everything?


Don't count on it. So you finally decided to take the early decision plunge after all those Columbia v NYU v $@T-14 threads huh? If you don't mind me asking, what sealed the deal for you?

acdisagod
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby acdisagod » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:29 am

Do you have to send the ED contract by letter on can you send it online?

User avatar
ravens20
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:17 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby ravens20 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:45 am

acdisagod wrote:Do you have to send the ED contract by letter on can you send it online?


by mail

Blazers4Life
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby Blazers4Life » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:39 am

ravens20 wrote:
Blazers4Life wrote:Application submitted via LSAC yesterday; ED contract mailed this morning. Feels good. So, are they going to send an email letting me know they got everything?


Don't count on it. So you finally decided to take the early decision plunge after all those Columbia v NYU v $@T-14 threads huh? If you don't mind me asking, what sealed the deal for you?


All the research and energy I've put into debating between these two schools has really set me up for disappointment in the event I get shut out from both. That's probably not fair to the other schools I've devoted less attention to (e.g. I'm sure I'll be happy at Michigan if it comes to that), but that's the reality. Plus, my gut feeling is that I'll fit in better at NYU than CLS anyway.

The reason I'm okay with forgoing lower school scholarships if NYU takes me is, as I've mentioned elsewhere, I know my numbers wouldn't earn me more than $30k or so even at the bottom of the t14.

ChaotiCait
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:32 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby ChaotiCait » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:59 am

My friend went to an ASD at both NYU and Columbia. At Columbia, they had sushi, wine, and chamber music. At NYU, they had pizza, beer, and karaoke. Thats how I know I made the right choice :D

bazoogakitty
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:51 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby bazoogakitty » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:36 pm

STILL waiting for the complete email. I got the application received email on 11/4 and mailed in my ED form about two weeks ago. However, I sent it from Hong Kong...so I am contemplating calling them in the next couple days to confirm that they received it if I don't get a complete email.

User avatar
kinch
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby kinch » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:57 pm

ChaotiCait wrote:My friend went to an ASD at both NYU and Columbia. At Columbia, they had sushi, wine, and chamber music. At NYU, they had pizza, beer, and karaoke. Thats how I know I made the right choice :D

Loooove it.

I applied RD, but I changed my mind the other day and sent a letter with the ED Contract saying I went to apply ED. Lady on the phone said this should be fine.

Haven't gotten a complete email either. Hopefully we all hear back soon.

User avatar
Artvark1
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:16 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby Artvark1 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:09 pm

Hey guys... I'm a 1L at NYU, prepping for exams. I didn't apply ED last year, but I can affirm your suspicions that NYU is weak when it comes to communication. They don't make their decisions late, they just don't give you anything until you get your acceptance letter. Good luck, PM me if you have any questions.

Oh, and if you're questions are about Columbia let me answer it here. I think the myth about Columbia having a better program has been substantively squashed, so it really comes down to where you want to be. Morningside Heights is barely NY.

User avatar
Drew2010
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby Drew2010 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:42 am

I'm going crazy waiting to hear back from NYU.. if I get accepted I'm moving up there in January, and I just want to know!!!

Blah...

Blah some more...

I need a drink, and it's only 9:41 AM...

User avatar
pikalove
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby pikalove » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:46 am

Drew2010 wrote:I'm going crazy waiting to hear back from NYU.. if I get accepted I'm moving up there in January, and I just want to know!!!

Blah...

Blah some more...

I need a drink, and it's only 9:41 AM...


Hahahahah. I know EXACTLY what you mean. My SO needs to know asap where we are moving so he can try and find a job...... and I can't bear to break the news to him that I'll probably be put on the waiting list and won't know for MONTHS. Uuuuggghh, now I need a drink.....

APimpNamedSlickback
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 am

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:53 am

Helmholtz wrote:NYU is a great school. I wish I would have ED'd there instead of CLS. I can't recommend NYU ED highly enough.



Image




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”