NYU ED 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
zapper
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby zapper » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:48 pm

Applied early, got "hold" letter today dated Dec 9. Went complete Dec 1. :|

Anybody know how "holds" generally fare?

jjjj783
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:31 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby jjjj783 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:54 am

mayosmith wrote:Maybe I'm missing something, but how could they not ask for your name when checking whether your own letter has been mailed out?


Well, I would prefer to just ask them a general question: (i.e. when are the ED letters going out vs. when is *my* letter going to be sent)

acdisagod
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby acdisagod » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:26 pm

what's the difference between hold and waitlist?

User avatar
Drew2010
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby Drew2010 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:43 pm

Another day without mail from NYU... fuck...

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:44 pm

Drew2010 wrote:Another day without mail from NYU... fuck...

Damn, now I've got to go check.

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:48 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
Drew2010 wrote:Another day without mail from NYU... fuck...

Damn, now I've got to go check.

Nope. Nothing in the mailbox at all. I'll just pretend the mailman hasn't come by yet. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is filming just down the road, so a lot of the streets around my house are closed.

User avatar
Drew2010
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby Drew2010 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:54 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
Drew2010 wrote:Another day without mail from NYU... fuck...

Damn, now I've got to go check.

Nope. Nothing in the mailbox at all. I'll just pretend the mailman hasn't come by yet. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is filming just down the road, so a lot of the streets around my house are closed.


Wow.. well that is interesting at least.. are you still living in FL?

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:58 pm

Drew2010 wrote:Wow.. well that is interesting at least.. are you still living in FL?

Yes, and I'm ready to leave. Today's weather: 75 degrees and sunny. In the MIDDLE of DECEMBER. You'd think that would never get old, but it does.

User avatar
Drew2010
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby Drew2010 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:09 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
Drew2010 wrote:Wow.. well that is interesting at least.. are you still living in FL?

Yes, and I'm ready to leave. Today's weather: 75 degrees and sunny. In the MIDDLE of DECEMBER. You'd think that would never get old, but it does.


Ya I live in Fort [deleted].. so I know what ya mean. It is nice, but it gets old... well, and Fort [deleted] gets old, very old...

User avatar
rockchalk86
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:16 am

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby rockchalk86 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:14 pm

Drew2010 wrote:Another day without mail from NYU... fuck...


Same... but I got into Michigan today so not a total loss but NYU would just be that much sweeter.

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:18 pm

Drew2010 wrote:Ya I live in Fort [deleted].. so I know what ya mean. It is nice, but it gets old... well, and Fort [deleted] gets old, very old...

Ah yes, but you'll miss the competitive shuffleboard tournaments when they're gone.

User avatar
Drew2010
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby Drew2010 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:27 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
Drew2010 wrote:Ya I live in Fort [deleted].. so I know what ya mean. It is nice, but it gets old... well, and Fort [deleted] gets old, very old...

Ah yes, but you'll miss the competitive shuffleboard tournaments when they're gone.


Hahaha... true... maybe I could find those in NYC (or DC.. if the rest of my cycle goes to shit)

thorntll
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:17 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby thorntll » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:55 pm

Nothing in the mail today. :-(

acdisagod
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby acdisagod » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:33 pm

No mail from NYU today...wtf. It's been 6 days sicne they allegedly mailed it

User avatar
rockchalk86
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:16 am

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby rockchalk86 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:38 pm

Here is my OVERLY-optimistic theory. All the Held/Waitlisted people actually had letters sent on the 9th and acceptances sent a little later so they would come closer to Christmas. Like I said, overly-optimistic but what the hell. Gotta dream big kiddos.

acdisagod
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby acdisagod » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:01 pm

Lol, that is the most overly optimistic theory I've ever heard. I like it

User avatar
Drew2010
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby Drew2010 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:05 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:Here is my OVERLY-optimistic theory. All the Held/Waitlisted people actually had letters sent on the 9th and acceptances sent a little later so they would come closer to Christmas. Like I said, overly-optimistic but what the hell. Gotta dream big kiddos.


Well.. I will say that when I called on the 10th my letter hadn't been mailed yet, and they said the decision would be mailed soon, and I could expect it early this week. So many ands...

For those who received their hold letters yesterday, what day were they actually mailed on?

User avatar
zapper
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby zapper » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:02 am

acdisagod wrote:what's the difference between hold and waitlist?


as far as I can tell, "hold" means no final decision has been made, and the applicant will be reviewed again in the greater pool of applicants (i.e. the RD applicants). so "holds" can still get accepted, denied, or waitlisted and will find out by end of April.

I guess "waitlist" is "we've decided that we'll let you in if a spot opens up" but I dunno.

acdisagod
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby acdisagod » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:23 pm

Got the hold letter today. 3.6 171. Sucks, but I'm not too upset. Hopefully I'll get my first acceptance soon.

User avatar
facetious
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:56 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby facetious » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:26 pm

acdisagod wrote:Got the hold letter today. 3.6 171. Sucks, but I'm not too upset. Hopefully I'll get my first acceptance soon.



sad :cry: this situation is looking bleaker by the day. were you a dec. 9? i'm sure you will hear good news soon with your numbers though.

edit: just kidding, saw the answer on the nyu thread (not that i'm checking it compulsively or anything).

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:29 pm

Still nothing today. Shit.

User avatar
mayosmith
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby mayosmith » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Got my deferral in the mail today. DR 12/9. PM fer numbers if you like.

acdisagod
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby acdisagod » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:00 pm

Yea, I was decided on the 9th. As I said, not too upset, I wasn't even going to bother applying to NYU until I got a compeltely unexpected LSAT score.

kdw246
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:06 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby kdw246 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:50 pm

hold letter today. 172/3.4 from NYU undergrad. letter dated december 9 and postmarked dec 12. :(

ChaotiCait
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:32 pm

Re: NYU ED 2010

Postby ChaotiCait » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:57 pm

If you get put on hold then you are no longer bound to attend, correct?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assasindowntheavenue, AustinLu, dj9i27, genjustice, ginawwhan, iwoeps, jjcorvino, kvnrogers, latif, tparty and 20 guests